Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

If a TN player had missed two threes that looked as bad as those shots taken by Zia Cooke there would be 10 posts about how this program sucks at recruiting lol 😂 🤣
If South Carolina had a decent forum, there probably would be.
Instead, we get to hear all about how good they are, right here.

And a SC fan had the nerve to boast their bench over TN starters. Folks have the audacity to tell me a team with 5 players yes 5 named to NCAA D1 pre-season player of the year lists doesn’t have talent. Man don’t ever try to win an argument with me posting propaganda. TN issue right now is the system and getting the players to work as a team. The pieces are on the roster. I like Darby and hope Harper has a plan to use her because if not it’s time to start Franklin, Puckett, or Hollingshead. And give Jasmine Powell aka the floor general the reigns to the offense. Don’t over coach this season away. I’ll give Coach Harper credit she has built a great culture. Now it’s time to get the wins. Put the pedal to the metal.

UCLA had no business being on the court with SC! Great coaching game plan by UCLA staff. What’s their HC background? Hope they can keep this group together because I’m witnessing poor sportsmanship from their starters to end the game. Just saw a shouting matchup in the huddle..someone wasn’t happy!

And a SC fan had the nerve to boast their bench over TN starters. Folks have the audacity to tell me a team with 5 players yes 5 named to NCAA D1 pre-season player of the year lists doesn’t have talent. Man don’t ever try to win an argument with me posting propaganda. TN issue right now is the system and getting the players to work as a team. The pieces are on the roster. I like Darby and hope Harper has a plan to use her because if not it’s time to start Franklin, Puckett, or Hollingshead. And give Jasmine Powell aka the floor general the reigns to the offense. Don’t over coach this season away. I’ll give Coach Harper credit she has built a great culture. Now it’s time to get the wins. Put the pedal to the metal.
I said Cardoso and Amihere from SC bench, would start in place of Darby and Key.

Last edited:
UCLA had no business being on the court with SC! Great coaching game plan by UCLA staff. What’s their HC background? Hope they can keep this group together because I’m witnessing poor sportsmanship from their starters to end the game. Just saw a shouting matchup in the huddle..someone wasn’t happy!

This is not quite how I see things from a Pac 12 perspective. For one thing, UCLA does belong on the court with SC. Not saying they will/would/should win, but, as tonight has shown, they can be a tough out. I'm also not convinced that minus the (for UCLA) out of body accuracy from 3, they would necessarily end up with a loss playing the Lady Vols a second time. And, for what it's worth, Cori Close is generally not considered one of the better coaches in the conference.

From my perspective, the UCLA team on the SEC Network today is basically the team UCLA has been putting on the court for many years now: very little height, but usually decent rebounding due to team speed and leaping ability; a lot of talented/strong/aggressive guards; shaky shooting from beyond the arc (usually), and a tendency to have scoring droughts--some of them substantial--when their ability to force turnovers doesn't make up for missed baskets. And that scoring difficulty, in turn, can also lead to a lot of hero ball (thus, the relatively low number of assists tonight), although one could also argue that sometimes it's the hero ball that leads to the droughts. (The latter was especially true of the teams featuring Jordan Canada.) What seems different is that this team plays in a more controlled fashion than many prior UCLA teams. Despite her unfortunate loss of composure near the end, I think that Rice will be the key to continuing this trend. Unlike Osborne, who is a shoot first guard and has a tendency to try to do too much, Rice is a true point who can already do just about everything well only 7 or so games into her freshman year. If the team becomes hers, as I think it should, then I think it will benefit tremendously.

VN Store

Back