Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Morrow is so good, on the boards and scoring. What a diamond in the rough for DePaul, she is legit as evidenced by her freshman year. I don’t remember her background or where she was ranked out of HS but what a player.

I’m not sure about all of the recruiting sites, but she was not even in the top 100 in ESPN’s list.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Indiana lost team leader Grace Berger to an injury early in the game the other day. Only really played 5-6 players yesterday, they are seriously lacking any depth.

UConn Iowa coming up. Not that impressed with Iowa they could lose by 20 today may be way overranked at number nine. Lost to Kansas State whom Arkansas demolished and six point win over Drake but, Iowa played well in this game I was expecting them to lose by 20.

Last edited:
Geno is heated with his team because they are having difficulty switching on screens. And another problem with UConn is Fudd not being able to create off the bounce ?. She needs to take it to the basket there are no shotblockers on Iowa.

It was only Hampton, but Watkins and Hall were the leading scorers, Cooper played well also. Watkins and Hall are legit, Coop is coming along and Feagin is showing when she gets starter minutes she will be a handful.

Reactions: djtee
Any team facing TN later in the season is being put on notice. This team is loaded.
The schedule was necessary to catch their attention.
I’m not sure about the off-season and practice program but it seem the team wasn’t prepared to start the season with so many new pieces on the roster.
I still feel the offense system needs to be enhanced. They didn’t fold and that’s a good sign.

UConn looks like a High School team in terms of size. Iowa doesn’t look to be “LOADED” with talent overall.
Both teams just seem well coached to me!

FYI : Starters > 6 feet except for Fudd = 5'11'' and Muhl 5'10". 6'5'' starter on bench with injury along with 6'5" role player.
UConn beat Iowa by 9 I think for championship.
UConn has beaten 3 top 10 teams so far this season.

TN has competed against South Carolina without Horston fully healthy. Beat them a few years ago with a team that was struggling that year.
They can compete with SC this season with both teams at full strength once the TN staff figures it out. SC might beat them the first matchup but when they meet again it’ll be a different story.
This team hasn’t played nearly close to its potential. The first half against Ohio State was about as good as they’ve played all season. Today was a great sign too.

I think they are evenly matched vs.. Stanford, but not strong enough to keep up with SC,
IF Boston's injury is temporary. I hope she recovers fully and quickly.

You could be correct but i just don`t see it not saying your are wrong Stanford has 6 post players they can go to, And SC has 7 and all of the post players for the two teams are very talent. The problem with UConn you have 6-5 Deberry and she is not playing or not much. You can`t wait until march and say okay will need her for the tournament so let`s start playing her.

@djtee I agree with you that Stanford has a numerical advantage, but they usually play only two of those at a time. Once the UC post with the broken finger is back, they will have her, Edwards, Griffen and Patterson in the front court, with DeBerry warming the bench. Just an opinion, but I think UC's guards are substantially better than what Tara has. So, front court advantage Stanford, guards advantage UConn. Overall, I don't see either team as clearly superior.

Reactions: djtee
TN has competed against South Carolina without Horston fully healthy. Beat them a few years ago with a team that was struggling that year.
They can compete with SC this season with both teams at full strength once the TN staff figures it out. SC might beat them the first matchup but when they meet again it’ll be a different story.
This team hasn’t played nearly close to its potential. The first half against Ohio State was about as good as they’ve played all season. Today was a great sign too.

Two questions—-

#1. Why should we think that beatdowns of cupcakes tell us much about how we might fare against quality opponents?

#2. Why do you persist in talking about the LVs in a thread created to discuss Non-LadyVol topics?

VN Store

Back