Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I’m not sure what Uconn needs most right now, but suffice to say I believe the final 4 thingy is over with PB on the shelf and Jerko (sp?) coming off that injury. Fudd is awesome, but not PB like and she disappeared in some big games. Great team, great players and coach….but not this year.

Who is their leader now? And not sure how they can compete on the boards with the big teams this season. SC showed how a dominating defense and rebounding team will short circuit their style and players. Just look at the box score, I don’t have the energy/time to explain. Nothing against Uconn.

Need Orange is going to need a friend this season. Problems won’t come so much from the Big Easy, but in the tourney and quality OOC games. And they will be desperately fighting for a 2 seed this year imo. 4-5 losses best case for regular season….watch. Btw, Geno losing a step lately, cannot count on him out coaching a quality opponent all the time anymore.

Husky fans don’t know how to deal with this reality.

All I know is that last season, Bueckers had made it back, but she obviously wasn't 100%. Westbrook: ongoing nagging knee issue. Azzi seemed not 100%. Juhasz, broken wrist at the worst time. Ducharme seemed to be having digestive issues or something. Griffin out all year. Yet, as battered and bruised as they were, they were one of the final two teams playing for the national championship.

And this year, at least so far, they'll only be down Bueckers, and obviously center Ododa, Williams and Westbrook. But the additions of Patterson, Brady and a couple of European stars is going to be huge, I suspect. A well-seasoned Griffin will finally be ready to go, and I would imagine all returners will have improved since last season -- especially Muhl. I predict Azzi will be a more consistent scorer, and Ducharme is capable of big buckets. Juhasz is tough.

So I'm not sure how only being down one player off the current roster -- even one very special player -- is going to result in them having a far, far worse season than their last one which came up only one game short of a national championship despite multiple setbacks.

But y'all seem to really believe that. I mean, I HOPE you are correct, but I don't see it. Auriemma can fall down a port-a-potty and come out smelling like roses. lol

Last edited:
I’m not sure what Uconn needs most right now, but suffice to say I believe the final 4 thingy is over with PB on the shelf and Jerko (sp?) coming off that injury. Fudd is awesome, but not PB like and she disappeared in some big games. Great team, great players and coach….but not this year.

Who is their leader now? And not sure how they can compete on the boards with the big teams this season. SC showed how a dominating defense and rebounding team will short circuit their style and players. Just look at the box score, I don’t have the energy/time to explain. Nothing against Uconn.

Need Orange is going to need a friend this season. Problems won’t come so much from the Big Easy, but in the tourney and quality OOC games. And they will be desperately fighting for a 2 seed this year imo. 4-5 losses best case for regular season….watch. Btw, Geno losing a step lately, cannot count on him out coaching a quality opponent all the time anymore.

Husky fans don’t know how to deal with this reality.
Some folks talk early. No panic here. Actually enjoying the underdog role. I remember when Notre Dame 'ended' the UConn dynasty. Scar had a great team last year and deserved a championship. But the odds are that SCAR becomes the next Notre Dame and not the next UConn. In reality you need to worry more about the Lady Vols than UConn. You may never even win the SEC let alone a Natty. And again you demonstrate how UConn lives in your head.

The "Uconn is not going to be very good" conversation takes place on this board just about every year, with multiple people coming up with what they believe are sound reasons to believe that.

But 2007 was the last time they weren't in the Final Four. TWO THOUSAND AND SEVEN!!!!!!! (2020 doesn't count since there was no NCAA Tournament)

So what I'm saying is that, with only a few exceptions, a "Uconn is not going to be very good" thread has usually found its way onto this board for most of the 15 years their bad teams ended up reaching the Final Four.

lol

Sometimes I think it would be better if people just stopped trying to will them into being bad. Maybe there's a lesson to be learned here and people aren't learning it. But whatever it is, those people who underestimate them have always been proved wrong. What if we tried NOT predicting how bad they're going to be for a change and see if that might reverse whatever black magic/voodoo spell/deal with Satan Auriemma has going in his favor. Might be worth a try! lol

All I know is that last season, Bueckers had made it back, but she obviously wasn't 100%. Westbrook: ongoing nagging knee issue. Azzi seemed not 100%. Juhasz, broken wrist at the worst time. Ducharme seemed to be having digestive issues or something. Griffin out all year. Yet, as battered and bruised as they were, they were one of the final two teams playing for the national championship.

And this year, at least so far, they'll only be down Bueckers, and obviously center Ododa, Williams and Westbrook. But the additions of Patterson, Brady and a couple of European stars is going to be huge, I suspect. A well-seasoned Griffin will finally be ready to go, and I would imagine all returners will have improved since last season -- especially Muhl. I predict Azzi will be a more consistent scorer, and Ducharme is capable of big buckets. Juhasz is tough.

So I'm not sure how only being down one player off the current roster -- even one very special player -- is going to result in them having a far, far worse season than their last one which came up only one game short of a national championship despite multiple setbacks.

But y'all seem to really believe that. I mean, I HOPE you are correct, but I don't see it. Auriemma can fall down a port-a-potty and come out smelling like roses. lol

Ur rite

Some folks talk early. No panic here. Actually enjoying the underdog role. I remember when Notre Dame 'ended' the UConn dynasty. Scar had a great team last year and deserved a championship. But the odds are that SCAR becomes the next Notre Dame and not the next UConn. In reality you need to worry more about the Lady Vols than UConn. You may never even win the SEC let alone a Natty. And again you demonstrate how UConn lives in your head.
There won't be another dynasty like UCONN's. It's too much at stake in the women's game now. There is money invested in most power 5 WBB teams. Repeats will be much harder.

Ahh, a voice of reason amongst the clamoring throng. I appreciate you not getting caught up in the schadenfreude of Paige's injury and evaluating the team as a whole. Very astute of you noticing the Azzi and Ducharme injuries. Both had off season surgeries to correct high school injuries and are expected to be 100% at the seasons start.

Khamil Pierre - 6'2" 2023 throw down dunker with offers from over 20 D1 schools including Kentucky Ohio State, Arizona Picks Vandy

Vandy’s Jordyn Cambridge out for year with a Torn Achilles …. This was her fifth (COVID) year!
probably would have been starting point guard but will fall to St. Louis grad transfer Ciaja Harbison or Boston College grad transfer Marnelle Garraud ! Both have experience

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Vandy’s Jordyn Cambridge out for year with a Torn Achilles …. This was her fifth (COVID) year!
probably would have been starting point guard but will fall to St. Louis grad transfer Ciaja Harbison or Boston College grad transfer Marnelle Garraud ! Both have experience
Hate to hear that. Hope she heals quickly and throughly.

I really wanted this one too Putbacks. The only thing that'll make me feel better is if point guard Jaloni Cambridge becomes a Lady Vol.

Reactions: Putbacks

VN Store

Back