Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Paige Bueckers is out for the season sad to hear and of course UCONN fans saying this injury hurts the entire WCBB visibility and landscape as if she's the only player in the country smh. I pray she gets better honestly but some uconn fans may want to open their eyes and realize the last 7 years they have not been who they think they are in their heads lol

With two knew injuries now i am curious how this impacts how long she stays in college. I wouldn't play all 4 years and she is actually eligible after this year so i could see her giving it one more and then going for sure now.

Regardless this is a loss of a good player but it does give others a chance to step up and get their stories told.

In terms of who uconn thinks they are i wouldn't know i'm a LV fan but they have been to the final fours for how many ever years consecutively so that's where some of their bravado probably comes from ...

Reactions: chuckiepoo
With two knew injuries now i am curious how this impacts how long she stays in college. I wouldn't play all 4 years and she is actually eligible after this year so i could see her giving it one more and then going for sure now.

Regardless this is a loss of a good player but it does give others a chance to step up and get their stories told.

In terms of who uconn thinks they are i wouldn't know i'm a LV fan but they have been to the final fours for how many ever years consecutively so that's where some of their bravado probably comes from ...
You sure your a LV fan LOL

Oh God, what’s is ESPN going to do? Will they have to find another player to talk about constantly?

Unlikely. Guessing we will get 5,000 head shots of Paige on the bench every game. 🙄

Oh God, what’s is ESPN going to do? Will they have to find another player to talk about constantly?

Unlikely. Guessing we will get 5,000 head shots of Paige on the bench every game. 🙄
Soon as she shoots on 1 leg they are going to highlight us to death...she's shooting on 1 leg wow shes the best america right ? LOL

Reactions: VolBall09
She might end up transferring..or Geno retire. I don't think Geno will love to go through wat he went through last season.

Last edited:

Paige and her mom were already considering staying for 5 years. Money is not a motivator for Paige to turn pro.

Paige and her mom were already considering staying for 5 years. Money is not a motivator for Paige to turn pro.

That was before her injury to the second knee correct? I'm not saying she stays or she goes but if we are talking about her mom let's talk about her dad who said he wants her to make the best decision to prolong her career of playing basketball. I don't think money is an issue but we can't sit up here and say it won't be apart of the future discussion especially after another major injury to the same knee.

I don't know one way or another but her staying does get rid of some of the great players who are around her age and i would think would increase a uconn title chance.

AGAIN, either way i get it you are hoping she gets to fulfill a career in a huskie uniform. I'm just wishing her a speedy recovery but also looking forward to them highlighting some other players this season.

Good luck with your season because trust me WE GET injuries around here and how it impacts your team.

That was before her injury to the second knee correct? I'm not saying she stays or she goes but if we are talking about her mom let's talk about her dad who said he wants her to make the best decision to prolong her career of playing basketball. I don't think money is an issue but we can't sit up here and say it won't be apart of the future discussion especially after another major injury to the same knee.

I don't know one way or another but her staying does get rid of some of the great players who are around her age and i would think would increase a uconn title chance.

AGAIN, either way i get it you are hoping she gets to fulfill a career in a huskie uniform. I'm just wishing her a speedy recovery but also looking forward to them highlighting some other players this season.

Good luck with your season because trust me WE GET injuries around here and how it impacts your team.
Same leg.

And for the record, I do wish the kid a speedy recovery. I’m just pre-annoyed knowing her acl tear is all anyone will talk about all season and she won’t even be playing

Already ESPN has out an article saying her injury affects ALL womens college basketball teams.

didn’t read it, but what!? Nah. I

I’ll bet someone at Gatorade also lost their job. You have to know that was a big check and now she won’t be playing for ANOTHER season. Betting you see NIL deals cooling for younger stars after this. Companies aren’t going to take a huge risk on someone who might be injured and hardly ever see the floor.

And for the poster saying she’s not motivated by money? 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂🤣

Since when? Appears that basically ALL her family is motivated by.

Gosh, makes ya wonder if she should have been playing on it last season. Sounds like a toxic environment where players are forced to play on bad knees….when have we heard a coach throw accusations about that before….

🙄🙄🙄🙄
Geno never pressured her to come back last year, that was her choice along with her family, it is well documented.

Real coaches rely on their medical staff’s advice and make the call; they don’t let players make those decisions.
Well, she was cleared medically. I’m not a doctor, but I bet the last discussion with her doctors was one where they told her there was some risk to come back this early and she and her family weighed that advice.

Looking back, Auriemma did scheme and stage a basket for severely injured Nykesha Sales to set a record and attract a spotlight.

VN Store

Back