Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

And if a So Carolina or UConn fan said this about an LVFL w breast cancer we'd be having a collective, self righteous meltdown. I've never understood the hostility toward Nikki from some on this site. The original comment fm a supposed LV fan doubting her health problem was just vile. I wish her all the best.

Not hostile toward Nikki, but I also believe in being honest. The situation as MSST was an unholy mess and everything points to her as being the biggest issue. Just because she’s a LVFL doesn’t mean her s**t don’t stink.

I empathized with players like Rickea who had been strung along by two coaches.

Reactions: mcannon1
Not hostile toward Nikki, but I also believe in being honest. The situation as MSST was an unholy mess and everything points to her as being the biggest issue. Just because she’s a LVFL doesn’t mean her s**t don’t stink.

Naw. This isn’t accurate. She had a recurrence of breast cancer. Chemo is brutal. Being as an assistant coach will easier for her to manage and to manage her health.

may what point was this ever confirmed?

As previously stated, Nikki said in a press release the reason for leaving MSST was "health reasons which she thought were behind her. " Does she need to shout "breast cancer" to make sniping "fans" happy? Or does it even really matter what the health problem was? Why do you think you're entitled to her medical information?

may what point was this ever confirmed?
I know we love to know stuff, and I have no idea whether or not her breast cancer came back or if it was another issue, but what I do know is it’s really not our right to know.
My mother is a survivor and her team of doctors repeatedly told us to keep her as stress free as possible. Let’s just pray that her health improves.

Damn, I was hoping Kellie could find a spot on her staff for Nikki at some point. Regardless of what you think of her as a head coach, as an assistant she played a huge role in helping Staley build South Carolina into the championship program it is today and could have been a great asset here. She is a terrific recruiter, knows the SEC, and a former Lady Vol who could have helped her alma mater reach the same championship level as she did with USC...
I would love to have her here, but who would we get rid of to bring her here? Maybe some time in the future she will be back on Rocky Top. Coach Joy is not one long to be an assistant, that’s for sure…sis is dynamite!

Reactions: Lucy and chuckiepoo

I admire honest people, and I have almost always enjoyed your posts. We often see eye-to-eye, and you’re fun. But I have to be honest myself and say that just because something is true it doesn’t mean it has to be spoken. Sometimes it’s better to be kind than honest, and IMO this is one of those times. Love ya! But dang, girl.

I admire honest people, and I have almost always enjoyed your posts. We often see eye-to-eye, and you’re fun. But I have to be honest myself and say that just because something is true it doesn’t mean it has to be spoken. Sometimes it’s better to be kind than honest, and IMO this is one of those times. Love ya! But dang, girl.

It’s all good, love you too. We won’t always see eye to eye but I know we have common love for the program.

Also inaccurate. The unholy mess at MSST and Rickea's unhappiness was not any of the coachs' issues. It was a Hayes issue. Both Rickea and Annie have pretty much said so. The Hayes' have been an absolute plague at each of the many stops on their demolition tour.

There is zero evidence to question Nikki's health issues and to do so is way off the charts IMO.

Also inaccurate. The unholy mess at MSST and Rickea's unhappiness was not any of the coachs' issues. It was a Hayes issue. Both Rickea and Annie have pretty much said so. The Hayes' have been an absolute plague at each of the many stops on their demolition tour.

There is zero evidence to question Nikki's health issues and to do so is way off the charts IMO.

And they got there how?

A terrible coaching/recruiting decision. She had a mass exodus then gambled on the trashiest family in basketball.

And they got there how?

A terrible coaching/recruiting decision. She had a mass exodus then gambled on the trashiest family in basketball.
I can tell you or your family have never been through anything like this. Cancer, or any hurtful disease. If this was any family member of mine and you were disgracing her like you're doing, it would really be a problem! Since i've met Nicky and she and my daughter played together, I'll just say i'll pray for you, because your hearth needs it more. Go lady vols and prayers for you both.

And they got there how?

Do you know the Hayes personally? They seem like a tight knit family to me. I follow her mom on twitter and never seen her post anything outrageous or negative. Just because she did not work out at Tennessee there is no need to run her family down.

Reactions: sisaq and gule
Do you know the Hayes personally? They seem like a tight knit family to me. I follow her mom on twitter and never seen her post anything outrageous or negative. Just because she did not work out at Tennessee there is no need to run her family down.
I don't think I'd use the word trashy but the evidence of their disruptive nature is pretty high by now. The parental mindset is not conducive to long term success at any program. It wasn't just Tennessee that didn't work out; they've left a trail of bad feelings at every stop. And there have been many stops, and many highly respected coaches along the way. When they show you who they are, believe them.

I don't know them personally, but there's an awful lot of water under that bridge for me to think there aren't issues.

Annie's parents sued her first HS because they claimed Annie's teammates were bullying her (jury found no evidence of same). The youngest daughter left her HS team mid-senior year. Mom's take on that..."Acacia decided not to play on the team because they didn't have her best interests at heart," said Acacia's mother, Sherry Hayes. "That's why she decided she wasn't going to play. It was just the overall treatment and her missing out on things the coach should have done." Sherry Hayes said [Coach] O'Neal, in her first year with the Lady Warriors, did not nominate Acacia for McDonald's All-American or for the Basketball Coaches Association of Tennessee all-star game, adding that the family had received several emails from the McDonald's All-American Game as a reminder she hadn't been nominated prior to the Dec. 1 cutoff. This statement was followed by a tweet from an AC saying "Can someone tell me the definition of team? For overall treatment, you must be at practice every day."

The three older girls have each played for 3, 2, and 2 different schools. Annie was kicked out at Tenn for multiple violations of team rules. Alasia enrolled at ND, played in 13 of 18 games, 2 ppg, then "opted out due to COVID" and transferred.

Both of the parents have made plenty of tweets in the past criticizing coaching and a daughter's PT. They were not happy that Westbrook and not Annie was the starting PG for the LV's.

At least we benefited by Rickea Jackson's transfer here after she and Annie had an "altercation."

Yes, they're a tight knit family, but me and family always come before team. "Disruptive" is a good word for them.

I don't think I'd use the word trashy but the evidence of their disruptive nature is pretty high by now. The parental mindset is not conducive to long term success at any program. It wasn't just Tennessee that didn't work out; they've left a trail of bad feelings at every stop. And there have been many stops, and many highly respected coaches along the way. When they show you who they are, believe them.

The "trashiest" is what I had an issue with. They look like they would ride for each other right or wrong. I agree this is not a good mindset when you factor in others.

November 20 at Maples Pavilion - mark it on your calendar

2022 WBB National Champion vs 2021 WBB National Champion

In other news Riley Stack is a Chanticleer

VN Store

Back