Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Loved watching Rivers slash to the basket. The only problem was the ball just wouldn't go in. Maybe somewhere else she can find her shot but it just never showed up at SC. Dawn stuck with her longer than most coaches ( lots of minutes against L'ville ) and tried to talk her out of the portal. For the first time Rivers wasn't the star so there was probably some added pressure to excel. Trying too hard doesn't work when it comes to making shots.

Reactions: Lucy
Rivers to NC State

Like many, I thought she’d end up in the ACC. I’m looking forward to seeing Rivers team up with Diamond Johnson. I imagine those two will be really tough to defend in transition. Seems like Wes did well in the portal in getting Mimi and Baldwin as well.

Looking forward to keeping up with the ACC next season. Will be some serious competition with ND, UNC, Syracuse, Louisville, Virginia Tech, NC State, etc.

Like many, I thought she’d end up in the ACC. I’m looking forward to seeing Rivers team up with Diamond Johnson. I imagine those two will be really tough to defend in transition. Seems like Wes did well in the portal in getting Mimi and Baldwin as well.

Looking forward to keeping up with the ACC next season. Will be some serious competition with ND, UNC, Syracuse, Louisville, Virginia Tech, NC State, etc.

Well she certainly has an opportunity to start right away at State. Hopefully SC and NC St continue to schedule each other.

Reactions: Rooster1
Speaking this into existence: Teonni Key will be a Lady Vol before her career is over.

Idk why that’s been on my mind all day, but it has. Just feel it…

I would be shocked if that were to happen. She seems like she bleeds Carolina blue to me. Besides, after this next season Tamari will be gone, and I would imagine Tammy Brown would strongly encourage her youngest to stay where she is -- close to home so she doesn't have to spend so much time and money traveling to Knoxville like she's done so often to watch Tamari.

Reactions: VolBall09
Speaking of transfers, I'm sure that the NC State fan base would welcome a couple of folks who are obsessed with their program and Wes Moore. Same for Louisville and Jeff Walz fans. Lady Vol Nation will graciously support any such moves from our fan base to those others, because we're just that kind of people. We would never stand in the way of those pining to consummate unrequited love.

Speaking this into existence: Teonni Key will be a Lady Vol before her career is over.

Idk why that’s been on my mind all day, but it has. Just feel it…

Because her current coach is on the hot seat...

giphy.gif

Because her current coach is on the hot seat...

giphy.gif

Uhhh honestly…she might be.

If she continues to schedule like she does she’s gonna be out sooner rather than later. Barely cracking 50% in the ACC and her overall record is grossly inflated by the weak schedule she plays.

I’m not impressed with her recruiting (as you seem to be lmao).

Lost two players to the portal. Gained none, only one freshman guard coming in and no talented size. Losing the players she brought from Princeton that bolstered her system. They are headed for the toilet. But carry on with ya bad self Derf…

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Uhhh honestly…she might be.

If she continues to schedule like she does she’s gonna be out sooner rather than later. Barely cracking 50% in the ACC and her overall record is grossly inflated by the weak schedule she plays.

I’m not impressed with her recruiting (as you seem to be lmao).

Lost two players to the portal. Gained none, only one freshman guard coming in and no talented size. Losing the players she brought from Princeton that bolstered her system. They are headed for the toilet. But carry on with ya bad self Derf…
I’m confused (par for course with me), but are you talking about UNC? Everyone I read says they are a program on the rise….sure as heck recruiting well also. And when has a 13-5 conference record been defined as barely over .500?

2023 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - Super 60 - ESPN

Last edited:
I’m confused (par for course with me), but are you talking about UNC? Everyone I read says they are a program on the rise….sure as heck recruiting well also. And when has a 13-5 conference record been defined as barely over .500?

Yet another absurdity he's trying to "speak into existence" -- this one for a couple of years now. You would think even a blind squirrel would find a nut occasionally...

200.gif

And also, am I supposed to be impressed by this?

A 5’5” guard rarely excites me. Kelly is no exception and Ciera Tommey just tore her ACL I believe. She’ll heal, but we all know it’s just never the same for the big girls after that.

Suspect that played a part in where she ended up. Wouldn’t be shocked if UCONN backed off after she tore up her knee. Geno doesn’t seem to like taking recruits with a history of injury. Not a total rule, but it seems pretty rare for them.

She committed she after that.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back