Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I expect to see Rivers make a big jump next year and contribute quite a lot more with shooting and scoring. She certainly has the ability. Just needs the offseason and more game minutes next year.

Rivers is one they r saying might transfer. Dawn keeps referring to the possibility of transfers this off season.

Wouldn't be surprised if she left or if she stayed...

Reactions: bballnut90
Yes and if we keep our roster with adding another true great player we will still be in 2nd to them. I hope we have reached out to Blackwell
Me too! I’d honestly rather have Blackwell than any other player in the portal right now. I wouldn’t know how to act with her, Jackson, TK, Jordan, and Powell on the floor together! That line up, I believe could definitely overtake South Carolina.

This is the worst championship game ever I hope both teams lose because I can’t decide who the lesser of the two evils is
Update I’m glad UConn lost my hate for SC really just stems from the twitter fans but I like the SC players and it’s just really hard to not like Aliyah Boston and Dawn

Update I’m glad UConn lost my hate for SC really just stems from the twitter fans but I like the SC players and it’s just really hard to not like Aliyah Boston and Dawn
Boston seems like a good kid but I have very mixed feelings about Dawn. She does something really good for WBB and then immediately has a little butt showing. Like recently I read an article where she said something along the lines others are calling SC the Mecca of WBB. Really??? She just does a little too much self promotion for my taste. Pat was always so modest I guess that is what I look for in a real leader.

😆😆😋😂😂 I feel the same way! Dawn goes after the best players she don’t care who is on her bench!

It is a win, win. Come to SC and compete, win, and get life lessons from the great. Then if you don't get significant time in the 2 deep, you can transfer without penalty.

Boston seems like a good kid but I have very mixed feelings about Dawn. She does something really good for WBB and then immediately has a little butt showing. Like recently I read an article where she said something along the lines others are calling SC the Mecca of WBB. Really??? She just does a little too much self promotion for my taste. Pat was always so modest I guess that is what I look for in a real leader.
Agree. Gary Blair referred to Tennessee as the Mecca of WBB so maybe she got confused. 🤣

Note: I wasn’t sure where to put this off topic story but I thought you guys would appreciate hearing it.

My son and I are currently walking the Appalachian Trail. We were recently walking in the Tennessee portion of the trail in The Smoky Mountains. While walking down a steep grade I tripped and landed in a rocky ravine. I cut up my chin, my thumb, my shins, my elbows, and my pride. I was a mess, I looked like I’d been in a motorcycle crash. My son turned back and started laughing. I asked him what was so funny about me being obliterated? He said, “ I’m not sure if you know it, but the hill that you just crashed and burned on is Old Rocky Top.” I thought you guys would appreciate the fact that this diehard UConn Husky just had his butt kicked by “Good Old Rocky Top Tennessee!”

Note: I wasn’t sure where to put this off topic story but I thought you guys would appreciate hearing it.

My son and I are currently walking the Appalachian Trail. We were recently walking in the Tennessee portion of the trail in The Smoky Mountains. While walking down a steep grade I tripped and landed in a rocky ravine. I cut up my chin, my thumb, my shins, my elbows, and my pride. I was a mess, I looked like I’d been in a motorcycle crash. My son turned back and started laughing. I asked him what was so funny about me being obliterated? He said, “ I’m not sure if you know it, but the hill that you just crashed and burned on is Old Rocky Top.” I thought you guys would appreciate the fact that this diehard UConn Husky just had his butt kicked by “Good Old Rocky Top Tennessee!”
Ouch. Was it a clear day for views?
I am following YouTube for folks walking the trail and plan to start a thru hike next March. Do you and your son have trail names?

Ouch. Was it a clear day for views?
I am following YouTube for folks walking the trail and plan to start a thru hike next March. Do you and your son have trail names?
It was clear most days, however one of our favorite trail stories took place up there in the Smokies involving frigid temperatures when most other thru hikers got off the trail but we walked through the snow. My son is, “Grandmaster” because he loves to play chess, and carries a chessboard with him, and plays most nights in the shelter with whoever will play. I am “Thunderdome,” not because I look like Mel Gibson, but because I kept bumping my head in a shelter during a rainstorm and people kept saying, “Is that thunder,” and somebody replied,” Nope, that’s Mike, and he keeps bumping his head on the low shelter ceiling.“ Note: we are currently in Virginia, just about to pass the 1/4 mark on the trail. Reach out if you want any advice from an inexperienced hiker, and my experiences from the trail.

VN Store

Back