Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

But Creme is determined to give NC State and Lousiville a #1 seed so i feel no matter what we do were locked in at 2 ...Although LV and NC state play head to head they will give them to nod over us regardless the loser.
Good thing Charlie Creme doesn't do the seeding for the NCAA tournament. He is way off, way too often and then he just doesn't understand why. I can tell you why....... You have to look at the quality of the team, not the name on the chest and he tends to do that way too often.

I'll bet money that Christyn isn't coming off the bench even with Paige and Azzi back. She'll continue to start at SG, but will probably have a short leash if she's not productive. I think it's safe to say that Evina will be back to the bench, probably once Christyn comes back. Not sure I understand what Geno sees in Muhl. At least Evina can be a threat to score. Muhl looks like a career 10-12 mpg backup PG.
I can agree with your point. Christyn deserves to start. The reason I think Christyn can come off the bench is that of the 5 potential guard starters (Paige is not a question), is that she can give Geno instant offense and a lock down defender. He loves having that on the bench to change the complexion of the game.

Good thing Charlie Creme doesn't do the seeding for the NCAA tournament. He is way off, way too often and then he just doesn't understand why. I can tell you why....... You have to look at the quality of the team, not the name on the chest and he tends to do that way too often.

You also have to actually watch a lot of teams play. I watch hundreds of major conference games during the season. My bracket is almost always more accurate than his.

You cannot have a feel for these teams without watching them. I’ve always gotten the feeling he’s a huge UCONN fan and likely watches primarily their games.

Reactions: Dak1219
Can’t keep up with this thread, cuz there’s like 5 pages an hour. Maybe it’s been addressed, but can anyone tell me where Voepel’s article is on the ESPN site? Also, there’s no recap. Why? Wasn’t the it that the last 10 years that if one were to go to the ESPN app, if UConn was playing there would be no less than 40 clips of any UConn basket, assist or rebound? Where is this coverage now?

Can’t keep up with this thread, cuz there’s like 5 pages an hour. Maybe it’s been addressed, but can anyone tell me where Voepel’s article is on the ESPN site? Also, there’s no recap. Why? Wasn’t the it that the last 10 years that if one were to go to the ESPN app, if UConn was playing there would be no less than 40 clips of any UConn basket, assist or rebound? Where is this coverage now?
We all know the answer to this question. We all know it.

KU can KSU should be a good one as well ... will see if these improving teams are legit

I agree, I think they’re likely both tournament teams this season depending on how the rest of conference play goes. I have been impressed with KU. I think KU will win against KSU today.

Jackson is playing better in the middle than she was when we met. At 6’6” she’s a good defender and has started to add more to her offensive game. She much quicker and more mobile than Lee.

Giving it to KU because they have more balance offensively. They’re not quite where we are but they run their offense well and can get a bucket from 3-4 different players when needed. Whereas KSU is almost completely dependent on Lee having a huge night every night. If teams hold her under 20 it suddenly become really tough for KSU to win.

NCAAW Big 12 Schedule - Women's Basketball - ESPN

Big 12 games are the top games of the day. Texas at Iowa State the top game of the day.

I believe Iowa State will win this one. They’re looking tough this season and they have a core group that are really locked in. Texas doesn’t have anyone who can guard Joens.

I imagine they’ll put Warren on her but she can post up Warren on every play without doubt. Try to stick a big on her and she’ll start dropping 3s. (Remind anyone of Sarah Puckett?)

The Texas post players are not impressing me. Ebo plays hard but she’s not fit and I think she’s playing out of her league. Really think PENN State was more her speed. Averaging 7 pts and 6 boards which is nothing to sneeze at, but not enough. She’s their best rebounder and only one of two players averaging 5+ boards. Rori Harmon is the other. Gaston and Moore should be ashamed.

Since Moore has returned she’s been ineffective. For her body type she is undersized. She gained a significant amount of weight when she was out with her injury. She was getting around the floor to start the season and getting shots all over inside and out. Now she’s relegated to banging in the post and she can’t cut it at 6’1”. The food in Austin is so dang good so I can’t blame her. That’s been an issue for Texas in the past.

Reactions: Volfan2012
KU can KSU should be a good one as well ... will see if these improving teams are legit

Responding to your post in the game thread over here since we are off topic lolol.

But that’s exactly what I imagine. Have a feeling Rae will be back in the starting lineup and we will go man when she’s in as long as it’s working.

When Tess subs in I think we have to go zone some. Sarah/Keyen may actually get the bulk of the reserve minutes in that game. I imagine it will be really physical and we’re going to need players who can guard in the paint on the floor.

Tess has been improving game by game so she may be totally capable by that point.

VN Store

Back