Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I don't think that Neighbors will play Jersey at the 5. He'll probably have her at the 4 and Barnum at the 5. Eventually (not sure this year), she will be a nightmare matchup at the 4 against any team they go up against. She was my pre-season pick for SEC POY, so I'm curious to see how she develops this year. Arkansas has better size across the board this year, and they won't be as susceptible to being overwhelmed by bigger teams if Wolfenbarger/Dauda are good enough to play major minutes come the meat of SEC play.

I don’t think so. He added some height with Wolfenbarger but she is not very strong in the paint. And I don’t think he has another option. She can’t guard the 4 or the 5 against most teams in the SEC.

Definitely not POY, maybe FOY, but I actually think we may have the freshman of the year on our team.
Aliyah Boston and Tamari Key will eat Jersey for lunch. Barnum is a talented finisher but she’s just too small. Tamari blocked her on the reverse a couple times last season. If even the rim can’t protect you it’s just not gonna work lol

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I don’t think so. He added some height with Wolfenbarger but she is not very strong in the paint. And I don’t think he has another option. She can’t guard the 4 or the 5 against most teams in the SEC.

Definitely not POY, maybe FOY, but I actually think we may have the freshman of the year on our team.
Aliyah Boston and Tamari Key will eat Jersey for lunch. Barnum is a talented finisher but she’s just too small. Tamari blocked her on the reverse a couple times last season. If even the rim can’t protect you it’s just not gonna work lol
Whoops, wrote that wrong. Yeah, I meant Jersey for FOY; she's nowhere in the conversation for POY!

I assume you mean Sara for potential FOY. She's in the running, but the front runner right now is probably Spencer from Arkansas. Not sure that will hold, though. There's a lot of freshmen talent in the SEC. There are also obvious ones like Saniya Rivers, once she starts logging heavier minutes against the overmatched portion of SC's schedule. The only reason I picked Jersey was because I thought she had a real opportunity to start and be a major offensive contributor right from the get go.

Will be cooking like crazy tomorrow so Happy Thanksgiving to Lady Vol Nation and all the assorted Clucks and Connies and other WBB fans who visit this space!
May your mashed potatoes be warm and your Turkey not as good as your mother’s was!

Happy Thanksgiving all! I for one am very thankful that I can still eat my mother's turkey! And we typically have rice instead of mashed potatoes - we get too stuffed as it is.

I read today where the average person eats 3000+ calories worth of food on Thanksgiving Day, and they also eat a complete stick of butters' worth in all the food they eat! No wonder we all nap afterwords - and I always thought it was because Detroit Lion's football was always boring! Enjoy and don't let your eyes get larger than your stomachs!!

Will be cooking like crazy tomorrow so Happy Thanksgiving to Lady Vol Nation and all the assorted Clucks and Connies and other WBB fans who visit this space!
May your mashed potatoes be warm and your Turkey not as good as your mother’s was!

Thanks Lucy! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

and they did lose 57 to 49. How did they beat GT the game before? Strange.....

Harris has not been able to get them fired up consistently yet. They tend to play worse in the first and third quarter so something isn’t hitting in the locker room.

Ga Tech hasn’t looked that tough this season. Thought they’d be a lot better returning most of their team plus Strautmane.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Yo you two, we are all playing nice today and tomorrow. What’s wrong with you people?
Carry on, I’ve got my eye on you need orange.

ooh does your boo boo hurt?

You matter about as much as a June bug in July. Telling us to recruit 3 stars? You obviously lack intelligence about LV basketball and basketball in general. I lived two years in Tolland (yes, Storrs is poop hole) and 2 years in Manchester and it's blathering jerks like you that made me want to leave.

You matter about as much as a June bug in July. Telling us to recruit 3 stars? You obviously lack intelligence about LV basketball and basketball in general. I lived two years in Tolland (yes, Storrs is poop hole) and 2 years in Manchester and it's blathering jerks like you that made me want to leave.
RightI I recognize that as far as Lady Vol basketball goes I have zero impact. But I obviously, have an impact on you. I'm amazed that you get so excited every time I post. Keep up the good work ;)

VN Store

Back