Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Bit of a hangover from the LSU game I think. They wrote this one off before it tipped.

Arkansas is a team I expect to have some transfers. Wolfenbarger in particular. She is not getting the development she needs there. She grew so much so late in her high school career. She needs a total rework on her game.

If Spencer were to hit the portal I would sell a kidney to fund an NIL deal for her. Same for Latson from Fl State.

First of all, SC players often were rebounding their own bunny misses.

Wolfenbarger and Poffenbarger sort of cancel each other out. They are both the same type of player, however, Saylor will mix it up in the paint. AK gets no offense from either. Wolfenbarger spends a lot of time at the three point line and doesn't get involved in rebounding very much.

First of all, SC players often were rebounding their own bunny misses.

Wolfenbarger and Poffenbarger sort of cancel each other out. They are both the same type of player, however, Saylor will mix it up in the paint. AK gets no offense from either. Wolfenbarger spends a lot of time at the three point line and doesn't get involved in rebounding very much.

Yeah I watched. Same thing LSU did in the first game against Arkansas.

Arkansas actually doesn’t play terrible defense on the first shot. They just can’t secure a rebound to save their life. It’s not a new problem for them so hard to understand why it hasn’t been better addressed at this point.

Reactions: djtee
Yeah I watched. Same thing LSU did in the first game against Arkansas.

Arkansas actually doesn’t play terrible defense on the first shot. They just can’t secure a rebound to save their life. It’s not a new problem for them so hard to understand why it hasn’t been better addressed at this point.

Also from the coach: Neighbors said it was South Carolina that beat Arkansas, not its fatigue, You are correct rebounding needs to be address. And the player that really hurt the other team playing SC with there rebounding is K. Cardoso she is averaging like 10 rbs a game off the bench. She played 15 mins yesterday 12pts 16 rbs 8def 8off. And at one point up front SC had Cardoso, Watkins, Feagin in the post. To be fair to Akransas not much any teams do with that. But in all you make a very good point about Neighbors needs to address the rebounding and fast.

Also from the coach: Neighbors said it was South Carolina that beat Arkansas, not its fatigue, You are correct rebounding needs to be address. And the player that really hurt the other team playing SC with there rebounding is K. Cardoso she is averaging like 10 rbs a game off the bench. She played 15 mins yesterday 12pts 16 rbs 8def 8off. And at one point up front SC had Cardoso, Watkins, Feagin in the post. To be fair to Akransas not much any teams do with that. But in all you make a very good point about Neighbors needs to address the rebounding and fast.

Teams are averaging almost 14 oboards a game against Arkansas. That’s just not sustainable. You figure a point per at least and that’s already a big hole to dig out of.

Teams are averaging almost 14 oboards a game against Arkansas. That’s just not sustainable. You figure a point per at least and that’s already a big hole to dig out of.
Agree, but somehow they have remained very competitive (outside of their last game vs SC). They almost knocked off LSU on the Tiger's court last week, and though I almost never bring up referees in game discussions, this one time I will say that they did Ark no favors in Baton Rouge.

Idc if they were playing the US NATIONAL TEAM that stat is beyond embarrassing..i hve never seen anything like that before in all 33 years of living lol i would need answer in that locker room cuz thats jus simply taking yo womanhood at this point
I don’t like to criticize the players but that is unbelievable! Got to wonder about team attitude there.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Three excellent games to watch tonight:

(2) OSU versus (10) Iowa at 7 PM ESPN2
(6) IU @ (13) Michigan at 8:15 PM BTN
(4) LSU @ Bama at 7 PM SECN
Uconn plays DePaul at 7 for those wanting to scout the Huskies. SNY or Stream on Fox Sports App

Thursday, Jan 26 will be a big day for NCAAW Basketball, some of the games of interest that night:

(5) Uconn @ UT 8 PM ESPN
(13) Mich @ (10) MD 6:30 B10X
(24) FSU @ (7) ND 8 PM ACCNX
(12) VT @ (16) Duke 8 PM ACCN
(2) OSU @ (6) IU 8:30 B10X

Last edited:
Janiah Barker back for A&M 24 pts and 5 boards in her return against UGA. Immediately changes them, really talented young lady.

She was 10-11 fg and 1-1 from 3 in only 21 minutes. That stat line gave me chills. She watched her team lose game after game and wanted to help so bad but couldn’t. First game back and delivers like that. She’s a gamer.

I don’t like to criticize the players but that is unbelievable! Got to wonder about team attitude there.
Did you see the game? It wasn't lack of effort. There weren't a ton of long rebounds for Arkansas to chase down. The offensive rebounds that SC was grabbing were from missed shots close to the rim, and everything was right around the basket. Boston and Cardoso were just reaching straight up and grabbing everything. When those two were on the court with Amihere, you couldn't even see the Arkansas players. Poffenbarger is their leading rebounder (~7 or 8 per game), and she had 1 rebound. She was just hopelessly outmuscled. Arkansas was fighting inside, but it was a losing battle. It was like watching a grown man playing basketball against 11-year olds.

Did you see the game? It wasn't lack of effort. There weren't a ton of long rebounds for Arkansas to chase down. The offensive rebounds that SC was grabbing were from missed shots close to the rim, and everything was right around the basket. Boston and Cardoso were just reaching straight up and grabbing everything. When those two were on the court with Amihere, you couldn't even see the Arkansas players. Poffenbarger is their leading rebounder (~7 or 8 per game), and she had 1 rebound. She was just hopelessly outmuscled. Arkansas was fighting inside, but it was a losing battle. It was like watching a grown man playing basketball against 11-year olds.

If I were ARK player, I'd just start tickling their belly button every time they reached up both hands.

74 to 17 how do you get outrebounded like that? Arkansas always has a weak rebounding team but they get totally killed today and in some other games this year. In most of the others they did shoot better only 27 percent today in their 46 point loss.

I've seen both Tennessee and South Carolina in person this season. While they both technically fall under "Women's College Basketball" the teams look like they are playing completely different sports. South Carolina has another gear where they can completely annihilate other SEC teams that Tennessee just doesn't have...

I've seen both Tennessee and South Carolina in person this season. While they both technically fall under "Women's College Basketball" the teams look like they are playing completely different sports. South Carolina has another gear where they can completely annihilate other SEC teams that Tennessee just doesn't have...
That goes for almost every team in WCCB when it comes to SC. You need a big center to compete with them that is elite not many teams have that. Were a good team around the top 20 would need a better center and better point guard to reach elite like they are. I would put Horston and Jackson up against Cooke and Beal anyday. After that they have every advantage in personnell.

What does South Carolina - Arkansas rebounding comparison have to do with Tennessee?
South Carolina has had close games in the SEC already for 3 1/2 quarters against Georgia and 4 quarters against Mississippi State.
Save that nonsense…

VN Store

Back