Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Fans are still desperately clinging to the hope of what we thought this team would be coming into the season, versus the reality of what the team actually is -- one that isn't even in the top 25 anymore. As I've said before, there is no evidence at this point that suggests Tennessee could even give the South Carolinas and Stanfords a competitive game, let alone beat them.

Could the Lady Vols improve? Sure, and I imagine they will work their way back to the top 25 before too long. The problem is South Carolina will also improve. So will Stanford. And UConn. Unfortunately the gap is already so wide and, unlike Tennessee, those programs have coaches with extensive Final Four/championship experience. That's just the reality...
Agree with this post

Fans are still desperately clinging to the hope of what we thought this team would be coming into the season, versus the reality of what the team actually is -- one that isn't even in the top 25 anymore. As I've said before, there is no evidence at this point that suggests Tennessee could even give the South Carolinas and Stanfords a competitive game, let alone beat them.

Could the Lady Vols improve? Sure, and I imagine they will work their way back to the top 25 before too long. The problem is South Carolina will also improve. So will Stanford. And UConn. Unfortunately the gap is already so wide and, unlike Tennessee, those programs have coaches with extensive Final Four/championship experience. That's just the reality...
200w.gif

Same ole stuff.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Big game tonight! Anyone think UCLA has a chance to knock off South Carolina?

No. Won’t be close.

Not unless they shoot unconscious like they did against us. So far the game against us is the only game they have shot well from 3. We clearly planned on them shooting poorly and were playing off in the first quarter and let them get hot.

Any other day they are a mediocre team with no interior presence. That’s the one loss on the season I’m extra pissed about at this point.

No. Won’t be close.

Not unless they shoot unconscious like they did against us. So far the game against us is the only game they have shot well from 3. We clearly planned on them shooting poorly and were playing off in the first quarter and let them get hot.

Any other day they are a mediocre team with no interior presence. That’s the one loss on the season I’m extra pissed about at this point.
Which is a strange strategy given their lack of interior play. Tennessee had the clear advantage there, and really the only way UCLA could win is to get hot from deep...which Tennessee basically gave them the green light to do so.

No. Won’t be close.

unless they shoot unconscious like they did against us 🤣 Good One !

So far, UCLA looks solid on both ends of the court. SC on a 5 minute scoring drought.

Yea they packed the paint forcing SC to shoot jumpers and they missed. It’s a great strategy. UCLA is quick and they can shoot. Will be interesting to see what adjustments Dawn can make to get better shots for Boston and the other posts.

Reactions: Rooster1
I got two questions just two🧐
1. How did the LVs lose to this UCLA team by 17 points?

2. Some SC fan was boasting about them having 10 former HS All-Americans.. what in the world is going on with that offensive system?

The first half of this game was bad basketball all around for both teams. I’m starting to monitor this TN situation even closer now. I’ve watched multiple Top 5-10 teams over a week and neither has a dynamic duo close to Rickea Jackson and Jordan Horston. There has to be accountability!

TN needs an offensive system doesn’t matter who is running point with this system.
44 points in the 3rd qtr no player on that court I’ll rather have over Horston and Jackson besides Boston. A.Boston is the real deal!

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back