Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I don't know what is up with Deberry. With Juhasz injured she had a great opportunity to show that she could contribute. Instead in the very limited garbage time that she gets she contributes nothing. I would not be surprised if she is not with the team at seasons end.

For post players UConn has Edwards who is having a good year, Griffin who is very good but a bit undersized and Juhasz who is coming off injury on top of injury. Patterson is a freshman and still pretty rough. I don't see them being able to handle either SC or Stanford but come final four time UConn will be there.

Reactions: djtee
I think they are evenly matched vs.. Stanford, but not strong enough to keep up with SC,
IF Boston's injury is temporary. I hope she recovers fully and quickly.

Who’s guarding Brink or Haley Jones? Iriafen herself would give Edwards problems. Then you have Jump who’s a knockdown shooter like Fudd and they have some good players off the bench. I don’t think UConn is as good as SC or Stanford.

Reactions: travis929 and djtee
1. Who said it did?
2. Who said I can’t?

1- “Any team facing TN later in the season is being put on notice.”
You wrote that earlier today, after we smothered one weak team and were preparing to
throttle another.

2- Nobody said you can't. Nobody said you can't smile and laugh when you fart at the dinner table. Nobody said you can't wear a bathing suit to a funeral.
So, therefore, you can. Question is, do manners matter? Do you post comments about women's basketball in the football forum, just because you can?

Who’s guarding Brink or Haley Jones? Iriafen herself would give Edwards problems. Then you have Jump who’s a knockdown shooter like Fudd and they have some good players off the bench. I don’t think UConn is as good as SC or Stanford.

They just don`t have the size to deal the those two teams.

Reactions: Mr.Pivot
I’ll say LVs has 13 to match. Jordan Horston is making her teammates better now which is scary. Comes down to Rickea fitting in over the next 5-10 games. So far I’ll say TN is at 50% potential level. If they reach 90-95% then it’s game on.

These game analysts and fans have pre-season rankings and predictions. I have an end of the year rankings.
1. Tennessee
2. Stanford
3. South Carolina
4. Ohio State
5. Notre Dame

I’ll say LVs has 13 to match. Jordan Horston is making her teammates better now which is scary. Comes down to Rickea fitting in over the next 5-10 games. So far I’ll say TN is at 50% potential level. If they reach 90-95% then it’s game on.
You might be right Mississippi, but I think SC plays 13 and 10 of them are HS AA’s.

South Carolina will take their lumps in conference play like last season when they loss to Kentucky and Missouri. I don’t see South Carolina being better than Stanford or Tennessee at the end of the season. Teams will catch on to them. I know a healthy TN will.

1- “Any team facing TN later in the season is being put on notice.”
You wrote that earlier today, after we smothered one weak team and were preparing to
throttle another.

2- Nobody said you can't. Nobody said you can't smile and laugh when you fart at the dinner table. Nobody said you can't wear a bathing suit to a funeral.
So, therefore, you can. Question is, do manners matter? Do you post comments about women's basketball in the football forum, just because you can?
I agree, well almost because you definitely can NOT do that at the dinner table.
But, fair is fair. This thread is for fans of other teams and discussing those other teams.

Iowa State has a nice team this year.

Yes, way more balanced with Soares in the middle. She’s a really talented player. They have great guard play with Donarski and Ryan. Really think they are a Final Four caliber team this season.

Joens hasn’t been quite as effective but she hasn’t had to be with Soares which is good for them. She seems to have worked a lot more on her outside shot and has lost some of her physicality. She’s not as muscular as she was the last couple seasons.

South Carolina will take their lumps in conference play like last season when they loss to Kentucky and Missouri. I don’t see South Carolina being better than Stanford or Tennessee at the end of the season. Teams will catch on to them. I know a healthy TN will.

SC didn't play that well against Stanford but still beat them on their own court. In SEC play we have home games with Mizzou, UK and LSU. Our most difficult game could be at Knoxville.

Reactions: djtee
SC didn't play that well against Stanford but still beat them on their own court. In SEC play we have home games with Mizzou, UK and LSU. Our most difficult game could be at Knoxville.

The difference between SC, Stanford and the rest of the field is front count talent. If Brink and Boston go out of the game or can`t play that game they can overcome the loss with there bench talent. You are correct TN cound be a difficult game if they can get all there frontcourt players up to speed and ready to play. Not playing her best as of yet but Key is the Key to how far this team will go.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back