Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Do not watch mens basketball much. but with 2 halfs vs 4 quarters women games. women have more fouls to give before bonus foul shots than men game. Green was foul hard. unconn and standford conplain about hard fouls. could going back to halfs cut down on injurys

So, a bunch of posts on this topic got tossed so I’m going to try very hard to be informative without being inflammatory. Here goes……
There was a recent article on cnn regarding blowback over Kim Mulkey’s lack of support for BG. Two big points of interest:
Two former Baylor players expressed unhappiness wit KM over the situation. One was Queen Egbo(sp?)
The current coach at Baylor was contacted and said, IMO, all the right stuff. What a great person BG is, if you know her you love her, what she had done for Baylor, everyone realizes she made a mistake, she is now caught up in a political situation. Very supportive.
Okay, I hope that was interesting and doesn’t get tossed. I tried.

No need to announce but certainly has to make recruits aware as is a driving force in their decision. I know we don't want it to be but just a fact that it is.
Terri Holder’s partnership with Jeff Goodfriend and Alumni Hall is going to pay dividends. Moving the store to Knoxville with massive upgrades was huge! It looks phenomenal! Sent a kid over there that was in town for a tournament and she left with 2 Tamari shirts! She’s from Kentucky and she’s an 11 year old 6th grader who’s already 6’5

Someone think that Louisville is better than us.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221006_083634.jpg
    Screenshot_20221006_083634.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 55

just sending her endless prayers and positive energy. This accident has completely changed the course of her life.

Wasn't her father killed in this accident? That is a tremendous loss in itself. She may not play not ever play basketball again, but hopefully she finds the strength to do great things in this world.

On Wednesday it'll be only 19 more days we'll have to wait before seeing the team in exhibition against Carson-Newman, and also only 28 days before a HUGE regular-season kickoff road game against Ohio State.

I just wanted to type that out because it is FINALLY getting close enough to happening that I can allow myself to restart my countdown. First time I did it (a long while back) it just made me depressed. lol

Soon, friends. SOON! 🧡

SEC women's basketball media day is October 18th this season. Coach Kellie Harper along with players Jordan Horston and Tamari Key will be there to represent Tennessee. Don't know the exact time yet, but I think Tennessee is up around 3:30 in the afternoon.

Last edited:
SEC women's basketball media say is October 18th this season. Coach Kellie Harper along with players Jordan Horston and Tamari Key will be there to represent Tennessee. Don't know the exact time yet, but I think Tennessee is up around 3:30 in the afternoon.

Yayyy! That’s exciting to have our two 4 year players out there in their final season with coach. 😩 I’m going to miss them! But I get this season to enjoy them both in Orange! Let’s go!

They, her Mother, Father, brother, and Ava, were just standing on a sidewalk. Hard to accept, said prayers for all.

In addition to Ava's father being killed, her mother suffered serious brain injuries. Prayers for her mom's recovery and for Ava to being able to heal and regain strength in her torn ligaments (four in one knee and three in tbe other). Coach Bluder emphasized that Iowa will continue to honor the scholarship commitment Iowa made and that Ava is "still part of us."

Stories such as this and Tiffany Jackson's passing from cancer put basketball discussions into proper perspective.

VN Store

Back