Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2022-2023

FrozenLVFan

"Time for Nine"
Do you know the Hayes personally? They seem like a tight knit family to me. I follow her mom on twitter and never seen her post anything outrageous or negative. Just because she did not work out at Tennessee there is no need to run her family down.
I don't know them personally, but there's an awful lot of water under that bridge for me to think there aren't issues.

Annie's parents sued her first HS because they claimed Annie's teammates were bullying her (jury found no evidence of same). The youngest daughter left her HS team mid-senior year. Mom's take on that..."Acacia decided not to play on the team because they didn't have her best interests at heart," said Acacia's mother, Sherry Hayes. "That's why she decided she wasn't going to play. It was just the overall treatment and her missing out on things the coach should have done." Sherry Hayes said [Coach] O'Neal, in her first year with the Lady Warriors, did not nominate Acacia for McDonald's All-American or for the Basketball Coaches Association of Tennessee all-star game, adding that the family had received several emails from the McDonald's All-American Game as a reminder she hadn't been nominated prior to the Dec. 1 cutoff. This statement was followed by a tweet from an AC saying "Can someone tell me the definition of team? For overall treatment, you must be at practice every day."

The three older girls have each played for 3, 2, and 2 different schools. Annie was kicked out at Tenn for multiple violations of team rules. Alasia enrolled at ND, played in 13 of 18 games, 2 ppg, then "opted out due to COVID" and transferred.

Both of the parents have made plenty of tweets in the past criticizing coaching and a daughter's PT. They were not happy that Westbrook and not Annie was the starting PG for the LV's.

At least we benefited by Rickea Jackson's transfer here after she and Annie had an "altercation."

Yes, they're a tight knit family, but me and family always come before team. "Disruptive" is a good word for them.

shiverz

I don't think I'd use the word trashy but the evidence of their disruptive nature is pretty high by now. The parental mindset is not conducive to long term success at any program. It wasn't just Tennessee that didn't work out; they've left a trail of bad feelings at every stop. And there have been many stops, and many highly respected coaches along the way. When they show you who they are, believe them.
I don't think I'd use the word trashy but the evidence of their disruptive nature is pretty high by now. The parental mindset is not conducive to long term success at any program. It wasn't just Tennessee that didn't work out; they've left a trail of bad feelings at every stop. And there have been many stops, and many highly respected coaches along the way. When they show you who they are, believe them.
The "trashiest" is what I had an issue with. They look like they would ride for each other right or wrong. I agree this is not a good mindset when you factor in others.

xtpsrh08123

HOW THE HELL DID JONI TAYLOR SWING THAT ONE ? NO wonder recruits are following her to A&M def using this as a pitch . Same with Kara i think she's our competition for ADR along with Mulkey . SC has too many bigs already so that's where i narrow it down. What has Joni done to be an olympic team AC ? Lol what the hell has she won ?

VolBall09

HOW THE HELL DID JONI TAYLOR SWING THAT ONE ? NO wonder recruits are following her to A&M def using this as a pitch . Same with Kara i think she's our competition for ADR along with Mulkey . SC has too many bigs already so that's where i narrow it down. What has Joni done to be an olympic team AC ? Lol what the hell has she won ?
Yeah. Idk what people see in Joni’s coaching ability. I just don’t see it. I think she’s going to crash and burn at A&M.

Her former assistant, Karen Lange, now works at Duke with Kara. I felt Karen was calling about 90% of the shots at UGA and was definitely the one drawing things up during crunch time.

Kara needs that as well as I have been pretty unimpressed with her coaching also. IMO she should be in Durham getting her team ready instead of messing with USA basketball. She has a boat load of transfers to work in and Duke was Jekyll and Hyde last seaosn. Looked so much like Holly’s teams I couldn’t watch them. Would play pretty good one night and then be a total no show on effort the next.

stllvf

StlLVF Saw first game in 1976
I just spent probably an hour looking at the roster of the SEC teams. With the exception of Missouri each of the teams has three-five transfers many who were successful elsewhere. The success of Lady Vols and the rest of the teams will be in creating chemistry. I was surprised at how well Mississippi State had filled their roster while U of Miss had not. overall interesting educational trip; would recommend if you have the time.

sisaq

I still firmly believe Kara cancelled the season bc she knew her team would not fare well the remainder in the ACC and wanted to keep her prestigious Team USA 3x3 gold as a recruiting tool smh .
Well, Geno did it for years and nobody challenged him to leave the national team until Candace Parker situation came up. I thought they said that college coaches can't coach national team any more.

VolBall09

I just spent probably an hour looking at the roster of the SEC teams. With the exception of Missouri each of the teams has three-five transfers many who were successful elsewhere. The success of Lady Vols and the rest of the teams will be in creating chemistry. I was surprised at how well Mississippi State had filled their roster while U of Miss had not. overall interesting educational trip; would recommend if you have the time.
Coach Yo’s recruiting bubble has popped. She landed some good players but didn’t do enough with them. Everyone has cooled now. She has about 10 players that are identical combo guards but no talented size. They are in for a long season I think.

VN Store