Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2022-2023

Rooster1

From the NCSU Wolfpack site:

”Rivers didn’t play much in her freshman season at South Carolina but could step into a role early on with NC State, which was one of the finalists for her commitment. Outside of being previously recruited by NC State, Rivers’ step-sister is Nanna Rivers, a former captain of NC State’s women’s team.”

Rooster1

Some of you may not have seen her play in HS or have not watched her videos from HS…..she was the #3 player in the country for a reason, she has the skill set. Unfortunately she wasn’t ready for a prime time place as a freshman on a talented and experienced team and did not play as much as she would have liked. Everyone saw she needed to make an adjustment to college ball and was not ready from the get go lIke perhaps Bueckers and others were, but I think she figures it out wherever she goes. Wish her the best. She is worth watching as she grows mentally into her skill set, such ability.

VolBall09

WNBA streaming lacks a lot to be desired. I pay and so far the only place I can watch the games is in the app, on my phone, or on my computer.

WNBA app isn’t available on Roku and the app on iPhone is terrible. Has the Aces/Mystics box score under the minny/Indy game, no box score under the other game. Glitches in the feed and like two camera angles.

Come on now.

And it will not let me airplay/link from my phone to my smart TV which I do frequently. Infuriating.

LVsinceJV

VolBall09

I thought that the final day for transfers in the portal would be completed on May 1 from the information i was seeing. Maddie Scherr of Oregon just committed to Kentucky a couple of days ago. Does this mean she sits for the upcoming season? Former Oregon women’s basketball guard Maddie Scherr commits to transfer to Kentucky
No she entered the portal prior to the deadline. They can commit anytime but had to be in there before the first few days in May. Rule said May 1 but apparently they gave them until the May 3rd because of the weekend or something.

Anyone who entered the portal after that who is not a grad transfer or did not experience a coaching change will sit out next season. So long as they were in there before the date they are good to play.

I’m also proud of Kyra. Still not convinced she’s a great coach, but she has done a good job beefing her roster back up after the exodus. I think she had several bad apples. So far it looks like she’s putting together what could be a decent team.

Dak1219

No she entered the portal prior to the deadline. They can commit anytime but had to be in there before the first few days in May. Rule said May 1 but apparently they gave them until the May 3rd because of the weekend or something.

Anyone who entered the portal after that who is not a grad transfer or did not experience a coaching change will sit out next season. So long as they were in there before the date they are good to play.

I’m also proud of Kyra. Still not convinced she’s a great coach, but she has done a good job beefing her roster back up after the exodus. I think she had several bad apples. So far it looks like she’s putting together what could be a decent team.
Thanks for clarifying that for me. Rivers still hasn't found a landing spot either has she? She will be a great pickup for whoever gets her committment.

VolBall09

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Rivers still hasn't found a landing spot either has she? She will be a great pickup for whoever gets her committment.
Not that I have heard. Everyone keeps saying NC State, but if that was such a done deal I don’t see why she wouldn’t have announced.

Morasha Wiggins is also a young player with a ton of upside. Whoever picks her up will have something to work with.

Dak1219

Not that I have heard. Everyone keeps saying NC State, but if that was such a done deal I don’t see why she wouldn’t have announced.

Morasha Wiggins is also a young player with a ton of upside. Whoever picks her up will have something to work with.
Yep Wiggins is out of Michigan I do believe and we did recruit her pretty heavily if I remember correctly. However, like that popular T.V. Show the Voice, "Our Team is Full." :)

Loved watching Rivers slash to the basket. The only problem was the ball just wouldn't go in. Maybe somewhere else she can find her shot but it just never showed up at SC. Dawn stuck with her longer than most coaches ( lots of minutes against L'ville ) and tried to talk her out of the portal. For the first time Rivers wasn't the star so there was probably some added pressure to excel. Trying too hard doesn't work when it comes to making shots.

VN Store