Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2022-2023

Dak1219

Looks like Nancy Mulkey got a training camp contract. Anyone with that much height is worth a look. If she could ever get a little stronger she could do something
Mulkey Seems like she has been playing forever..........Didn't she start out at Oklahoma with Sherry Cole in like 2015 or 2016. You would have thought someone would have fed that girl and put a little weight on her along the way.

Rooster1

Just maybe the whole why I don’t or do like Dawn can get it’s own thread or just be left unspoken. This is a transfer portal thread and I for one would love to get back on this topic. We should really be more focused on our progression instead of Dawn and her Gamecocks. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Last time I looked this was NOT the transfer portal thread. But yeah, I’m ready for this discussion to be over and get back to WBB.

Peas29

Last time I looked this was NOT the transfer portal thread. But yeah, I’m ready for this discussion to be over and get back to WBB.
I was responding to multiple threads so yeah I should’ve made sure. That being said, try someone else or head back over to South Carolina’s forum. I didn’t send for you so I’d advise you not to try coming for me.

Amb3096

Christyn Williams waived from the Mystics following injury. I think she'll get picked up somewhere else. Also Ali Patberg waived from Indiana.
If Christyn does get picked up, it will be next year. She was waived because she suffered a knee injury in training camp. Odds are not in her favor, since there will be a lot of really good players entering the draft next season.

Patberg should probably look into other career options. Pro basketball opportunities likely aren't in her future.

LVsinceJV

If Christyn does get picked up, it will be next year. She was waived because she suffered a knee injury in training camp. Odds are not in her favor, since there will be a lot of really good players entering the draft next season.

Patberg should probably look into other career options. Pro basketball opportunities likely aren't in her future.
I think the UConn pedigree will have her in someone's training camp next year. She's one of a handful of the lesser-reknown Connecticut players who I'd like to see do well in the pros.

Amb3096

Is it that u don't like her or u don't like uconn? U really have a disliking for her that is coming through in your posts.
This is one of those celestial moments that I agree with sisaq. She will surely get invited to training camp next season, but it will be a challenge for her to make a final roster with the talent coming in.

LVsinceJV

This is one of those celestial moments that I agree with sisaq. She will surely get invited to training camp next season, but it will be a challenge for her to make a final roster with the talent coming in.
I feel where you guys are coming from regarding the strength of next year's draft, and I'm not saying anything is guaranteed, but that UConn pedigree always comes into play. Not just with coaches being more willing to give them a chance, but other former Connecticut players advocating for them. Mosqueda-Lewis didn't last as long as she did in the W because she was that good. Ok, KML might be the most egregious example, but look at how long Morgan Tuck lasted in the league despite being injury-riddled. Moriah Jefferson (who I like) and Katie-Lou Samuelson are a couple more examples.

NeedOrange

there is no elevator to the top
I feel where you guys are coming from regarding the strength of next year's draft, and I'm not saying anything is guaranteed, but that UConn pedigree always comes into play. Not just with coaches being more willing to give them a chance, but other former Connecticut players advocating for them. Mosqueda-Lewis didn't last as long as she did in the W because she was that good. Ok, KML might be the most egregious example, but look at how long Morgan Tuck lasted in the league despite being injury-riddled. Moriah Jefferson (who I like) and Katie-Lou Samuelson are a couple more examples.
To paraphrase Cheryl Reeve; UConn players are all plug and play. Meaning she feels they are ready to play in the W.

LadyOrange

I’ve never been impressed with Williams. I’m sorry she got injured, but I don’t see her making a roster unless maybe if the league expands.

Last edited:

VN Store