Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2022-2023

LadyVol1908

Don't know about everyone else, but I'm exhausted.
Yea this honestly was an emotionally taxing season on us Lady Vol fans, it was a literal rollercoaster!

Also want to shout out all the posters, i don’t know about you all, but it seemed as if traffic on the site was booming this season. Lots of good conversation throughout the season! Can’t wait for next year and I hope to see some of y’all in Dallas!!!! 🧡

NeedOrange

there is no elevator to the top
Yeah, I've noticed NeedOrange hasn't said anything about how bad it looks for his team's superstar to be aligning herself with an organization known for helping cheaters cheat. But he was alllllll full of opinions about how bad it looked that Tennessee fans had only raised $10,000 for an outgoing player.

:rolleyes:
If you place an @ when referencing another poster, that poster will be notified of the mention.

I have to admit I know nothing of Chegg involved with cheating. I do know that Paige isn't a spokesperson for Chegg itself but for a food bank that they are organizing. She is trying to do something good for children with food insecurity. Perhaps its a Proverbs 32 relationship "the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous "

"Chegg and the Women’s College Basketball Star Will Partner to Raise Awareness for Student Hunger Starting in Her Hometown of Minneapolis, Minnesota "

Rooster1

True but for her to play more she will need to pick up her game on the offensive end big time.
Rivers has the court awareness, passing and defensive skills down. She is an elite passer. She was a very prolific scorer in HS, many games in the 30’s, 40’s and even some games over 50 points. If you watch her HS YouTube games, she had an excellent mid range jumper to go along with her drive to the hoop skills.
Somehow she lost all that offensive confidence in her freshman year and looked tentative shooting the ball. She has a nice stroke from 15 feet in but you could tell we was playing tight offensively. She isn’t leaving SC as far as we have been told, but she needs a lot of work in the off-season to regain her shooting confidence. I think she will get it back, based upon her body of work from HS where she shot midrange for a high percentage. She may never have 3 point range though tbh.

lvocd

Rivers has the court awareness, passing and defensive skills down. She is an elite passer. She was a very prolific scorer in HS, many games in the 30’s, 40’s and even some games over 50 points. If you watch her HS YouTube games, she had an excellent mid range jumper to go along with her drive to the hoop skills.
Somehow she lost all that offensive confidence in her freshman year and looked tentative shooting the ball. She has a nice stroke from 15 feet in but you could tell we was playing tight offensively. She isn’t leaving SC as far as we have been told, but she needs a lot of work in the off-season to regain her shooting confidence. I think she will get it back, based upon her body of work from HS where she shot midrange for a high percentage. She may never have 3 point range though tbh.
Like I've said before, Rivers' high-rising mid-range jumper reminds me of Tweety Nolan. Lawd help us if the light bulb goes on for her while Boston is still there. lol

CoryDallasLV

I expect to see Rivers make a big jump next year and contribute quite a lot more with shooting and scoring. She certainly has the ability. Just needs the offseason and more game minutes next year.

VA_VOLFAN

I expect to see Rivers make a big jump next year and contribute quite a lot more with shooting and scoring. She certainly has the ability. Just needs the offseason and more game minutes next year.
Rivers is one they r saying might transfer. Dawn keeps referring to the possibility of transfers this off season.

Wouldn't be surprised if she left or if she stayed...

LadyVol1908

Yes and if we keep our roster with adding another true great player we will still be in 2nd to them. I hope we have reached out to Blackwell
Me too! I’d honestly rather have Blackwell than any other player in the portal right now. I wouldn’t know how to act with her, Jackson, TK, Jordan, and Powell on the floor together! That line up, I believe could definitely overtake South Carolina.

LadyVols_WBK

This is the worst championship game ever I hope both teams lose because I can’t decide who the lesser of the two evils is
Update I’m glad UConn lost my hate for SC really just stems from the twitter fans but I like the SC players and it’s just really hard to not like Aliyah Boston and Dawn

Lucy

Update I’m glad UConn lost my hate for SC really just stems from the twitter fans but I like the SC players and it’s just really hard to not like Aliyah Boston and Dawn
Boston seems like a good kid but I have very mixed feelings about Dawn. She does something really good for WBB and then immediately has a little butt showing. Like recently I read an article where she said something along the lines others are calling SC the Mecca of WBB. Really??? She just does a little too much self promotion for my taste. Pat was always so modest I guess that is what I look for in a real leader.

VN Store