Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Was he more or less gracious than when he took time out of a post-game press conference to make insinuations about Tennessee's coaching staff and athletic department, and said Tennessee should shut down their program? Gracious -- sure, whatever.

Yeah I don't understand the amount of Geno ass-kissing in this thread. I mean yeah it was a great game but it's UConn, FFS. I don't want to see them win anything and I especially don't want to see Westbrook win a damn thing, either, despite her being average as hell her entire time there.

Reactions: casetopia
I also think this game help UConn and NC State in the recruiting department to lot`s of top players around country the watched this game i`m sure.

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
Obviously it would be foolish to bet against a team that hasn't missed a FF since 2007 with a regional in their backyard.

WTBS, the obvious reason they struggled so much -- and the reason people were thinking their FF streak might end -- was due to injuries, particularly to Bueckers. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out once they got her back they were likely getting to a FF.
Wow, bad night? Another poster thought I had previously made a prediction, which I hadn't. I cleared that up by saying I wouldn't bet against UConn. Did not claim brain surgeon status at all. I always thought with a healthy Paige and a settled in Fudd they'd have a great chance.we actually agree. Not sure why you're so outraged.
That wasn't offensive execution from UConn. That was just some superb individual play from Bueckers.
Agree to disagree. I saw a level of offensive execution, really from both teams, that the LVs can only now dream of. Plus the other-worldly Bueckers.
That's what everyone was predicting at the start of the season. Those three teams when healthy were a level above the field and have lived up to their billing in the tournament.

Louisville is the team that surprised me the most this season.
I was thinking about that - totally predictable final four but what a fun ride getting there. IMO both March Madness tournaments have been great.

Reactions: Canutmegger
They avoided a USC game because Staley requested it.

That doesn't change voltopia's point in the slightest. He said they were fortunate to avoid what would have been an almost certain loss. That's true regardless of who cancels or postpones games.

They were also fortunate to get their injured stars back for the tournament. I'm convinced that if Horston had been healthy, we'd be watching the Lady Vols in action vs. Michigan right now.
)

Wow, bad night? Another poster thought I had previously made a prediction, which I hadn't. I cleared that up by saying I wouldn't bet against UConn. Did not claim brain surgeon status at all. I always thought with a healthy Paige and a settled in Fudd they'd have a great chance.we actually agree. Not sure why you're so outraged.

Nothing about my post says I'm outraged. Annoyed that your stating the obvious? A little. Outraged? Not a chance. Message boards aren't important enough to me to get outraged.

Yeah I don't understand the amount of Geno ass-kissing in this thread. I mean yeah it was a great game but it's UConn, FFS. I don't want to see them win anything and I especially don't want to see Westbrook win a damn thing, either, despite her being average as hell her entire time there.
Hey you do you. Sports hates are irrational fun. But don't expect everyone to match yours. It's part of the fun.

I will say those of you consumed in the fiery flames of Geno hate missed an absolute all time classic tonight. It reminded me alot of the classic 92-88 Catchingless win over UConn at TBA in '02.

SC was the one that cancelled the game, not UConn.

UConn moved up the S curve because LSU, Michigan, and Iowa State lost games to teams ranked below them. They were #6 overall, so that puts them vs. NCST. If those teams I mentioned hadn't lost (or only lost to other teams on the top 8), then UConn couldn't have moved up into Bridgeport.

Whoever cancelled the game, my point is, that SC game was a likely L that got taken off the books, regardless of who cancelled it. Same as getting the play DePaul later in the year. There was a whole lotta luck involved in getting to today's results.

If the NCAA wants to pin it on the S curve and call it fair, then that's their choice. I want to say they've chosen to "adjust" seedings in spite of the S curve in the past, for that matter, or at least I recall that being the case. But regardless of how they got to this point, I don't think that a top seeded team with the #2 NET ranking having to play a tournament game on the road at an opponent's house is fairer because they weren't South Carolina or Stanford. It's equally unfair. It shouldn't have happened to any of them.

I will say those of you consumed in the fiery flames of Geno hate missed an absolute all time classic tonight.

I watched the game but go off I guess. Never said it wasn't a great game. Said I'm pissed that the NCAA blatantly favors UConn every season by giving them essentially a home regional and that has played into their streak.

If I watch a great thriller of a football game and it's Alabama and some other team and Alabama wins in 2OT, I can still say the game was great and entertaining but still be pissed that Alabama won. Because it's Alabama and I hate them. But I guess I'm a GrEeN eYeD mOnStEr or whatever.

Reactions: creekdipper
I watched the game but go off I guess. Never said it wasn't a great game. Said I'm pissed that the NCAA blatantly favors UConn every season by giving them essentially a home regional and that has played into their streak.

If I watch a great thriller of a football game and it's Alabama and some other team and Alabama wins in 2OT, I can still say the game was great and entertaining but still be pissed that Alabama won. Because it's Alabama and I hate them. But I guess I'm a GrEeN eYeD mOnStEr or whatever.
As I said, sports hatred is irrational, that's why its fun. I just hope everyone could enjoy the awesome level of play and the excitement of the actual game. I guess I don't even care about all the mitigating circumstances. I'm sorry anyone had to lose.

Lol UConn is the whitest Karen fan base this side of Kentucky

That's a pretty racist statement. I'm surprised that it's allowed on the board. UConn starters ONO, Edwards,Williams Fudd and Bueckers. UConn bench is Westbrook, Juhasz, Muhl, Ducharme, Gabriel and DeBerry. Injured but on the roster is Griffin.

Reactions: glv98
For all the talk of parity (not "parody"), South Carolina, UCONN, and Stanford are returning to the Final Four.

I think that mostly referred to the second-tier teams outside the top 3. The top-tier, star-loaded teams basically divide up the best players in the country while everyone else tries to land one top 20 player if possible. As mentioned, if those top teams stay healthy, they can just out-talent other teams the way we used to do when we had our pick and were basically competing for players against one or two others while the rest settled for what was left.

It's the same with the men. Any surprise that Duke, North Carolina, and Kansas are in their Final Four?

VN Store

Back