Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Rickea "Jackson's mother, Caryn, said in a text message to The Clarion-Ledger, 'She just wants out for mental health reasons.' The newspaper also reported, citing sources with knowledge of the situation, that there was tension between several players on the team."

Hmmmm, one wonders if players named Hayes have anything to do with this development? My guess is that Jackson will end up at either uCon or South Carolina --- maybe Michigan.

Tell me McGraw was right without telling me McGraw was right

So is it UConn bias? Or is it ESPN making money off of UConn?

Because if they post a picture of Aliyah Boston, you get interactions/comments/shares from the SC fans.
If you post a picture of anyone from UConn, you get interactions/comments/shares from UConn fans... and everyone else who is pissed off because they used a picture of a UConn player.

With social media, it's all about playing the algorithm game. Play the game, increase engagement, and you increase profits.

If people want ESPN to highlight UConn less, they need to stop commenting on and sharing the posts when they're mad about it.

Last edited:

Because if they post a picture of Aaliyah Boston, you get interactions/comments/shares from the SC fans.
If you post a picture of anyone from UConn, you get interactions/comments/shares from UConn fans... and everyone else who is pissed off because they used a picture of a UConn player.

With social media, it's all about playing the algorithm game. Play the game, increase engagement, and you increase profits.

If people want ESPN to highlight UConn less, they need to stop commenting on and sharing the posts when they're mad about it.

Geno staying in controversy helps as well... He knows when he is an a$$ it brings up uconn again and this year it takes away from the lack of chemistry and the losses.

I understand your point. I also do not believe those two are mutually exclusive

I don't think UConn is getting anything out of ESPN highlighting them as a #4 seed. In fact, I almost think it does more harm to them than not being talked about at all.

Geno staying in controversy helps as well... He knows when he is an a$$ it brings up uconn again and this year it takes away from the lack of chemistry and the losses.

I think Geno has deliberately said a lot of things this season to take the focus off of his team and put it back on himself and, to profit on both the positive and negative interactions, media outlets (including ESPN) run with it. Like it or not, he knows how to play the media game.

--

But, I'm serious, the more people click, share, and comment, the more they'll do it.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Because if they post a picture of Aliyah Boston, you get interactions/comments/shares from the SC fans.

No people need to come out and say something just like Muffet or petition. U can't say ignore it and don't comment

No people need to come out and say something just like Muffet or petition. U can't say ignore it and don't comment

So Muffet says her bit and Geno fires back. Which story do you think got more social media interaction?

I'm not saying that there isn't an imbalance in social media coverage (because there definitely is), I'm saying that companies like ESPN are always going to look out for themselves first. And, in the current landscape of WCBB, any mention of UConn (good, bad, or ugly) is going to be in their best financial interest.

If people don't stop fueling the fire, it'll never die down.

And if you're not already, subscribe to the Knoxville News Sentinel and support the local reporters covering your team. I actually unsubscribed from the Great Falls Tribune this year because they up and stopped regular coverage of my Argos. You can only do what you can do...

So SC adding a little shade to their tweet ... not bad enough she put the girl on skates but they had to add the emojis 😂 They were acting a fool on the bench lol

I love this!!! These may be, someday, what these young women look back on as “the best days of their young lives,” so … heck yeah! Enjoy this time!!! Act a fool now and then!!

I enjoyed seeing the youthful exuberance in this video, which is exactly why I am loving the heck out of watching OUR team being so silly and playful and unselfconsciously joyous in enjoying their post-game celebrations. Yeah, a few fuddy-duddies are ragging on them for it, but I am 100% CERTAIN that 20 years from now the memories of their goofy celebrations will bring them soooo much joy and love.

Yes, I’m a sentimental old fart. Sue me if you don’t like it! 😂

VN Store

Back