Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

The small gym makes a huge difference. Also, they had a good student turnout, which only seems to happen in women games when it is a top 10 match up.
The students made a lot of noise throughout the game. None of the NC school typically draw well for women's basketball, but good to see there was an exception tonight.

It doesn’t change how bad Kentucky is.

Well how bad they are is subjective in your eyes. What is factual is i said it was a top 50 win in the NCAA eyes that's true while this is before their loss to FL this is where they were ranked in the NCAA net ranking. They were ranked #23 so this was viewed as a quality win. That's what my post was based on. It was also based on our record which is factual and our current ranking (in at least one poll... sorry i may have confused you ... which you have even stated isn't that uncommon.... by not being completely clear). It is also factual that you can go back and look at the excitement of Lv fans and the record with your own eyes.

Sorry if our win doesn't fit your narrative but i only provided facts at the time of what i posted. Again, us LV fans are excited about all of that and look forward to hopefully getting another win over a ranked opponent Sunday 😎

Hopefully you can find some joy somewhere about your team(s) performances 😃
022D199B-36CF-44EE-B225-0952BD0955C2.png

Last edited:
Well how bad they are is subjective in your eyes. What is factual is i said it was a top 50 win in the NCAA eyes that's true while this is before their loss to FL this is where they were ranked in the NCAA net ranking. They were ranked #23 so this was viewed as a quality win. That's what my post was based on. It was also based on our record which is factual and our current ranking (in at least one poll... sorry i may have confused you ... which you have even stated isn't that uncommon.... by not being completely clear). It is also factual that you can go back and look at the excitement of Lv fans and the record with your own eyes.

Sorry if our win doesn't fit your narrative but i only provided facts at the time of what i posted. Again, us LV fans are excited about all of that and look forward to hopefully getting another win over a ranked opponent Sunday 😎

Hopefully you can find some joy somewhere about your team(s) performances 😃
View attachment 429660
Good for your team. The win will help you get a high seed. And well deserved.

It doesn’t change the FACT they were clearly over ranked based on performance. Look at their body of work. They have ONE good win, against Georgia. They lost to every other ranked team they faced and most weren’t close.

Indiana by 21
Louisville by 6
South Carolina by 20
Tennessee by 26

And two Unranked teams

DePaul by 9
Florida by 26

8-6 overall and 1-3 in the tough SEC

They should have been out of the Top25 last week. Florida made sure that will happen on Monday.

It doesn’t change the FACT they were clearly over ranked based on performance. Look at their body of work. They have ONE good win, against Georgia. They lost to every other ranked team they faced and most weren’t close.

Indiana by 21
Louisville by 6
South Carolina by 20
Tennessee by 26

And two Unranked teams

DePaul by 9
Florida by 26

They should have been out of the Top25 last week. Florida made sure that will happen on Monday.

Should of is your opinion which you are entitled to have. I just went on what was factual... sorry if facts bother you.

You can THINK they were overranked all you want but the FACT is we beat a top 25 team. Period! you can continue to argue your thoughts but those are the FACTS.

Whether FL knocked them out or not they were RANKED when we beat them. FACTS!

We can discuss Rutger facts if you like since that is "your team". I actually would like to discuss rutgers and you to bring your view point on what has happened, recruiting, etc. This is a Non-Lady Vol thread so let's discuss a non LV team. I'm certainly intrigued...

If we aren't discussing rutgers than have a great day 😃Hope and pray you and your family are doing well😃

I don’t understand the problem here we still beat Kentucky with all their available players available (Florida didn’t) and Rhyne Howard having a great game unlike the South Carolina loss

come on that makes too much sense 😃 in reality FL was ranked with all their players when we beat them. Our Center WENT OUT And we still won.

KY is struggling yes but i still think they make the tourney. Regardless, i am happy for the top 25 win 😃

Well they play in Reynolds arena which only holds 5,500 fans, while their men play at PNC arena with 20,000 fans. It would be hard to fit 12,000 Lady Vols fans in there!

It's kind of like what Kentucky does to their women's team. which I feel is demeaning to them.

Louisville outscored in 4th quarter. 1 minute to go. Wish the Lady Vols could play in this atmosphere at home. The place is rocking! 31-9 in the fourth?!

Indiana by 21
Louisville by 6
South Carolina by 20
Tennessee by 26

And two Unranked teams

DePaul by 9
Florida by 26

At least they didn't postpone games because they didn't want to lose games because they only have a limited amount of players. They could've fake Covid protocols for a better shot at beating good teams when their star player is back!

What a discussion about a team that we beat by 26 points with Key injured and unable to play for the entire second half. We beat them with all their players available and with one of our best not playing? I agree they do not look like a good team seem destined to the second division of the SEC. Regardless of this on any given night they are a dangerous team and would be one of the best teams in the Big East. We had to play them they are in our league. Were still 7 and 1 against Quadrant one teams are number four in the rpi, number six in the Net, and an sos of around 10 so yes we have played and beat the best and hopefully that will keep happening.

Should of is your opinion which you are entitled to have. I just went on what was factual... sorry if facts bother you.

You can THINK they were overranked all you want but the FACT is we beat a top 25 team. Period! you can continue to argue your thoughts but those are the FACTS.

Whether FL knocked them out or not they were RANKED when we beat them. FACTS!

We can discuss Rutger facts if you like since that is "your team". I actually would like to discuss rutgers and you to bring your view point on what has happened, recruiting, etc. This is a Non-Lady Vol thread so let's discuss a non LV team. I'm certainly intrigued...

If we aren't discussing rutgers than have a great day 😃Hope and pray you and your family are doing well😃
I didn’t say they weren’t ranked when Tennessee beat them. That is a fact.

Their record shows they were over ranked. I guess that is subjective. Argue that point then, and tell me why they weren’t in retrospect.

And bringing up Rutgers is just a distraction from my valid point. Kentucky is heading out of the top 25 as I said they should be.

Kentucky IS a non-lady vol team.

Reactions: Harvey Peak
What a discussion about a team that we beat by 26 points with Key injured and unable to play for the entire second half. We beat them with all their players available and with one of our best not playing? I agree they do not look like a good team seem destined to the second division of the SEC. Regardless of this on any given night they are a dangerous team and would be one of the best teams in the Big East. We had to play them they are in our league. Were still 7 and 1 against Quadrant one teams are number four in the rpi, number six in the Net, and an sos of around 10 so yes we have played and beat the best and hopefully that will keep happening.
They lost to DePaul.

Tennessee is having a great year and my calling Kentucky over ranked or over rated doesn’t diminish that at all.

Reactions: Raebo and glv98
She had an average game against Florida and a great game against us and UGA
We didn't want to put Horston on her and risk foul trouble for her. We went with Walker who is a good defender but a little undersized to guard a player like Howard. When you shut everybody else down one player not going to beat you.

They lost to DePaul.

Tennessee is having a great year and my calling Kentucky over ranked or over rated doesn’t diminish that at all.
Depaul could probably beat UConn at their place right now or a lot of teams. Depaul is probably the second or third best team in the Big East so losing to them is not something that is terrible. I agree Kentucky has more talent than ability. They have some top players but are not being effective on the court.

Last edited:
I didn’t say they weren’t ranked when Tennessee beat them. That is a fact.

Their record shows they were over ranked. I guess that is subjective. Argue that point then, and tell me why they weren’t in retrospect.

And bringing up Rutgers is just a distraction from my valid point. Kentucky is heading out of the top 25 as I said they should be.

Kentucky IS a non-lady vol team.

Ok, I asked about Rutgers in a genuine manner. Which is also a NON LV team. However you think i'm trying to distract you which i'm not lol.
We can discuss how KY lost if you want or how they were ranked and shouldn't have been. It is what it is and we have a top 25 win 😃

Proceed i'm totally open to talking about KY and especially Rutgers.

Depaul could probably beat UConn at their place right now or a lot of teams. Depaul is probably the second or third best team in the Big East so losing to them is not something that is terrible. I agree Kentucky has more talent that ability. They have some top players but are not being effective on the court.
I think there would be plenty of Lady Vol fans that would argue that Kentucky losing to a Big East team is not something terrible.

And right now, with the team UConn is rolling out there, several Big East teams could beat them.

Ok, I asked about Rutgers in a genuine manner. Which is also a NON LV team. However you think i'm trying to distract you which i'm not lol.
We can discuss how KY lost if you want or how they were ranked and shouldn't have been. It is what it is and we have a top 25 win 😃

Proceed i'm totally open to talking about KY and especially Rutgers.
Why would you want to depress me? Don’t wish me well and then make me cry.

I think there would be plenty of Lady Vol fans that would argue that Kentucky losing to a Big East team is not something terrible.

And right now, with the team UConn is rolling out there, several Big East teams could beat them.
This I don't understand as UConn is rolling out seven five star players and two sitting on the bench DeBerry and Piath cannot even get in the game. So who has nine five star players? Are they all overrated or exactly why do UConn fans keep putting them down like they are three stars weaklings. Williams number one in class, Ono number three, Westbrooks number two, Ducharme top ten, Muhl highly rated player, the Ohio State transfer top foreign player, DeBerry top 15. I know their worse loss to this point is to Ga Tech. Oregon is a different team than early in the season, SC has better talent. Louisville has good talent as well. The only other game I thought they could've lost was at DePaul if that game had been played. I think they have a certain loss coming up at SC and we'll see how it goes from there. I also disagree that several Big East teams could beat them. The only ones I see that could would be DePaul or Creighton on their court and maybe Villanova if everything went great.

Reactions: krichunaka

VN Store

Back