Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

That door should swing both ways. A player should be able to leave for what they preceived to be greener pastures. The days of the majority of programs keeping four recruiting classes of players at 95% retention rate in a four period are over.
And they are free to leave now. Isn't that what the transfer portal allows? But while there might be a greener pasture, there's no guarantee that there will be room for them there.

He said later that there are perfectly valid reasons for transfer, and he agrees that there should be the one time transfer exception, but the problem is with having so many kids in the portal and many of them not having a place to go. So they throw away a scholarship because, a lot of times, there are people in their ear telling them they can do better than their current situation.

He said wat he said, and we heard wat he said. Presidential/Geno adviser.

And they are free to leave now. Isn't that what the transfer portal allows? But while there might be a greener pasture, there's no guarantee that there will be room for them there.
A head coach like you said can also take away their scholarship for greener pastures too. To blame all of the portal on the players without placing some of the blame of the coaches that forced some of those players into the portal isn't nuanced.

She recently coached girls HS basketball in San Antonio and is close friends with recent 2023 decommit Sammie Wagner and family (Sammie's dad played football at Baylor). If she can bring Sammie home then who really cares about her politics? Sammie comes to Baylor then Maddie Cox comes to Baylor.
If I’m a parent of a lesbian daughter, I definitely care. As a human being, I have a hard time understanding that people care what someone does in the privacy of their bedroom. It’s weird and there’s no place in the world for discrimination.

I really don’t get why Florida extended Newbauer. His teams have been terrible and I can’t imagine anyone is chomping at the bit to steal away a coach with a 15-47 conference record.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I really don’t get why Florida extended Newbauer. His teams have been terrible and I can’t imagine anyone is chomping at the bit to steal away a coach with a 15-47 conference record.

Agreed. His players don’t seem to enjoy playing for him either. Butler had her issues but she did a much better job there than he has. They were at least competitive all the time.

UF is an easy school to recruit to. Especially in state kids. Hardly has any Floridians on the team.

He’ll be out after this extension is up unless something changes drastically.

Vote | Thank You for Voting

If you got some extra time throw a few votes in for a baseball player Even Russell in close race with a kentucky player.
Thanks everybody for helping with this. Just the other day the Kentucky guy had a small lead now our guy is leading by 11 percent. This is over on June 7th so we keep pounding them for the next six days and will be the second time Tennessee fans have come through for their players.

Thanks everybody for helping with this. Just the other day the Kentucky guy had a small lead now our guy is leading by 11 percent. This is over on June 7th so we keep pounding them for the next six days and will be the second time Tennessee fans have come through for their players.
elite fanbase.

So she transferred to where??? It's not like her choices were limited.

Triggered much? It wasn’t our school that asked her to hide her sexuality. It’s not like our school had a coach that said punch someone in the face when they said something bad about Baylor and the sexual scandal.

So don’t bring your self righteous a$$ over here on our teams page trying to justify that $#!+. Yes, i’m triggered now

Last edited:
Triggered much? Not really. You fact check much?It wasn’t our school that asked her to hide her sexuality. It’s not like our school had a coach tang said punch someone in the face when they said something bad about Baylor and the sexual scandal.

So don’t bring your self righteous a$$ over here on our teams page trying to justify that $#!+. Yes, i’m triggered now
But she hid nothing while at Baylor. Ask her teammates and fellow students.

So she transferred to where??? It's not like her choices were limited.
She would have had to sit out and it seems like she was intimidated by Mulkey. Why do some folks who are being abused stay with their abuser?
I would guess as an adult she might wish she had transferred to a more accepting program.
A gay woman probably should stay away from Schools like Baylor, Pepperdine etc. same for playing for Mulkey.

@BUBear check the top of this out. It’s actually coded as a deviation from the normal. I get the schools affiliation but it doesn’t look like she was ok’d to be open with her sexuality. D8B057E7-76C4-4B00-A4F6-B6B9012F3E58.png

She would have had to sit out and it seems like she was intimidated by Mulkey. Why do some folks who are being abused stay with their abuser?
I would guess as an adult she might wish she had transferred to a more accepting program.
A gay woman probably should stay away from Schools like Baylor, Pepperdine etc. same for playing for Mulkey.
Yet gay women still go those schools and play for Mulkey.

Reactions: Bret178
Yet gay women still go those schools and play for Mulkey.

This is true but lying and saying it didn’t happen is just dumb as f***. Clearly, it’s their choice but saying it didn’t happen when you can google it is pointless.

Female perspective students still chose to go to Baylor after the rape investigation but it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen...

@BUBear check the top of this out. It’s actually coded as a deviation from the normal. I get the schools affiliation but it doesn’t look like she was ok’d to be open with her sexuality. View attachment 371539

Your argument is weak. Brittney made her choices. We all live with the consequences related to our choices every single day.

Hundreds of other more liberal universities would have had her. She CHOSE to attend a PRIVATE, BAPTIST college.

If she was expecting them to roll out the rainbow carpet when she arrived she was only fooling herself.

As a private institution they can maintain policies that align with their views. They are a religious institution. If you are a lesbian and wish to live and open lesbian life you should NOT attend a university like Baylor. The policies at these schools are discussed point blank at Freshman orientation. She knew what she was getting into and proceeded anyway.

I am a gay man and have experienced discrimination during my lifetime. It is never OK. That being said, I do not intentionally put myself in situations where I am likely to be discriminated against. Knowing what I know about myself I would never have chosen a school like Baylor, Pepperdine, Oral Roberts etc.

Those institutions have their place and serve a role in the education system. Just because the belief system they are based on does not agree with your political views does not make them wrong, or bad.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Your argument is weak. Brittney made her choices. We all live with the consequences related to our choices every single day.

Hundreds of other more liberal universities would have had her. She CHOSE to attend a PRIVATE, BAPTIST college.

If she was expecting them to roll out the rainbow carpet when she arrived she was only fooling herself.

As a private institution they can maintain policies that align with their views. They are a religious institution. If you are a lesbian and wish to live and open lesbian life you should NOT attend a university like Baylor. The policies at these schools are discussed point blank at Freshman orientation. She knew what she was getting into and proceeded anyway.

I am a gay man and have experienced discrimination during my lifetime. It is never OK. That being said, I do not intentionally put myself in situations where I am likely to be discriminated against. Knowing what I know about myself I would never have chosen a school like Baylor, Pepperdine, Oral Roberts etc.

Those institutions have their place and serve a role in the education system. Just because the belief system they are based on does not agree with your political views does not make them wrong, or bad.

MY ARGUEMENT it is dumb to say it didn’t happen. That’s it! I’m not saying they r wrong or bad what i am saying is it is stupid to say it didn’t happen when she has come out multiple times in multiple ways and said it did.

i never said that wasn’t their policy she didn’t know that what i was addressing with the poster is that they said ask Griner or her teammates and i provided links to wear she said she was asked to hide. THAT’S IT! Why lie ? that’s my point own the **** and keep it s .

we So the issue your stating about her choices that has nothing to do with what i was saying. I addressed what the poster said and that was it oh and the sexual assault part to say that just because someone said it didn’t happen didn’t mean it didn’t... but continue on with your tirade about her choices and consequences because I clearly understand that as it happened years ago my comprehension isn’t in question 🤣

PS i’m black so i get discrimination myself and have since the day i was born. This doesn’t come off in the shower so i’m good on you trying to tell me about being discriminated against. Thanks tho

Reactions: stlvolsfan

VN Store

Back