Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Fr1whrFXoAUcKUo

Reactions: chuckiepoo
She’s a nice player but I have doubts she gets drafted. I saw some people predicting her as high as #5.

I suppose if lots of players opt to stay in college she might go that high.

Never played enough games against high level competition to evaluate her well.

Before she tore her acl this year she had a pretty good looking skill set very talented. I also think one of the reasons she by be leaving is she wants to win. Nothing against Iowa State but she is not winning NC or getting to the sweet 16 there. They just don't have the players to surround her with.

Reactions: Rooster1
Before she tore her acl this year she had a pretty good looking skill set very talented. I also think one of the reasons she by be leaving is she wants to win. Nothing against Iowa State but she is not winning NC or getting to the sweet 16 there. They just don't have the players to surround her with.

Yeah she’s out of eligibility anyhow. They were trying to petition for a medical waiver but she played in too many games.

I think Soares is physically built for professional basketball, but I can definitely see her needing to put in some significant time outside this country and/or Athletes Unlimited proving her mettle before she'd have much luck sticking to a WNBA roster. When I think about all the terrific college players who've not been able to stick in the W, it makes me sad. Sure wish there were more teams and more roster spaces.

Last edited:
I think Soares is physically built for professional basketball, but I can definitely see her needing to put in some significant outside this country and/or Athletes Unlimited proving her mettle before she'd have much luck sticking to a WNBA roster. When I think about all the terrific college players who've not been able to stick in the W, it makes me sad. Sure wish there were more teams and more roster spaces.

Just in : Iowa State forward/center Stephanie Soares will enter the 2023 WNBA Draft after her waiver for an additional year of eligibility was denied, Iowa State announced on Wednesday. Soares was seeking an additional year after playing in 13 contests for the Cyclones

I see Tennessee beating VT by 8-12.
I may be crazy, but I predict Ole Miss beats Louisville in a close one. 😲
Iowa beats Colorado.
Maryland may win by a lot against Notre Dame.
Of course South Carolina is going to beat UCLA. Duh.
Connecticut will beat Ohio State by 15 or more.
LSU will surprise everyone with a tough win over Utah.
Miami gets past Siegrist and Villanova in a close one.

I see Tennessee beating VT by 8-12.
I may be crazy, but I predict Ole Miss beats Louisville in a close one. 😲
Iowa beats Colorado.
Maryland may win by a lot against Notre Dame.
Of course South Carolina is going to beat UCLA. Duh.
Connecticut will beat Ohio State by 15 or more.
LSU will surprise everyone with a tough win over Utah.
Miami gets past Siegrist and Villanova in a close one.
Don’t be so sure on the UCLA game…they are suited to make that a game. Agree on your thoughts in general, the Miami and Nova game will interest me. LSU will beat Utah I believe. ND has no chance.

What makes you think UCLA has a chance? Curious to hear your take.
@VolBall09 UCLA played SC tight @ SC already, and they have shown they can beat almost anyone with their schedule results. They are peaking now also, and Kiki plus Osborne is a scary backcourt. The girl from Germany, the big one, she is great at 3 range, so she will drag the SC post out far, and that is where their great guards get room. They are a scary team to SC fans for many reasons, mostly because they are not intimated and they rebound so well against teams like Stanford and SC, so yeah, SC fans did not want to see them in their bracket, same for the MD team btw, we know that Angel was not playing then and they are way better now, they can shoot 3’s at a scary pace…SC got a tough draw for the #1 seed. The UT draw was way more friendly than what SC drew, think on that. UCLA was 4 seed and they would beat VT hand-idly, Like UT will do. Md is even better.

Last edited:
Rooster, it may take three quarters before you start seeing much separation, but I'm confident your highly experienced, defending champion team will get the win. But I completely understand your need to mentally prepare for the unthinkable. We want our teams to win so badly we almost have to allow room in our minds for the possibility they won't, otherwise a loss would be too much to bear. 😑

@VolBall09 UCLA played SC tight @ SC already, and they have shown they can beat almost anyone with their schedule results. They are peaking now also, and Kiki plus Osborne is a scary backcourt. The girl from Germany, the big one, she is great at 3 range, so she will drag the SC post out far, and that is where their great guards get room. They are a scary team to SC fans for many reasons, mostly because they are not intimated and they rebound so well against teams like Stanford and SC, so yeah, SC fans did not want to see them in their bracket, same for the MD team btw, we know that Angel was not playing then and they are way better now, they can shoot 3’s at a scary pace…SC got a tough draw for the #1 seed. The UT draw was way more friendly than what SC drew, think on that. UCLA was 4 seed and they would beat VT imo. Like UT will do.
UCLA basically showed everyone the blueprint needed to beat South Carolina that first time around. They Contained Boston in the middle and defended well enough on the perimeter to make it interesting. South Carolina couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in that game, but they have been known to have slumps with their outside shooting. If UCLA can take care of the ball and their perimeter scorers are on, they are going to be a tough team to beat against anyone. With Charisma Osborn back and the growth of their other players while she was out on injury has made them a pretty formidable team.

Rooster, it may take three quarters before you start seeing much separation, but I'm confident your highly experienced, defending champion team will get the win. But I completely understand your need to mentally prepare for the unthinkable. We want our teams to win so badly we almost have to allow room in our minds for the possibility they won't, otherwise a loss would be too much to bear. 😑
@lvocd I damn sure hope you are right, but most of us SC fan’s have a healthy respect and worry about both UCLA and MD…

UCLA basically showed everyone the blueprint needed to beat South Carolina that first time around. They Contained Boston in the middle and defended well enough on the perimeter to make it interesting. South Carolina couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in that game, but they have been known to have slumps with their outside shooting. If UCLA can take care of the ball and their perimeter scorers are on, they are going to be a tough team to beat against anyone. With Charisma Osborn back and the growth of their other players while she was out on injury has made them a pretty formidable team.
@Dak1219 I agree 100%, people are saying it’s an auto path for SC and it’s not.

Yep, you nailed it, scary team to play imo. We know, we saw them already and wanted to avoid them again. Same for Md….they both can beat any team Legit. Would rather play Iowa than those two teams tbh. Don’t get me started on this new Uconn version btw…I’m not downplaying SC, they can beat anyone of course, and may do that, but their path is littered with road bumps and potential issues.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back