Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Just a comment re NIL, Miss, the state, is the poorest in the country and other than football I suspect NIL funds are nill for team members.

I have enjoyed their coach from listening to her after a 50 point loss to the LVs. Question how long ago. She is a mother coach so positive for the team a good place for Staley to transfer to and grow.

Idk Brink played well and did what she would normally do in production. She had 20 pts, 13 boards and 7 blocks.

Stanford ran into the same issue they have had all season, not efficient enough and couldn’t find a third scorer. Jump just can’t create her own shot well enough.

Jones and Brink led them as usual but were 12-32 combined for 46. They needed to be closer to 50% from the floor for Stanford to win.

Really aggressive and consistent defense by Ole Miss, gritty team that plays with a lot of passion. So good for our league to have teams playing like that. Should open some eyes about the talent of the players and the coaching happening in the SEC.

Last 5 seasons the SEC schools have really invested in WBB top to bottom great coaching. MSST and UGA did so with first season coaches.

Ole Miss 44 rebs 20 offensive and i notice coach Yo starting to trust her bench more to.

Really like Ole Miss chances against Iowa. Looking forward to that matchup. Ole Miss has the defense and athleticism to contain Clark. It will be defense like Iowa has not seen this season. Really they need to hold her to about 20 and they should win. Easier said than done.

Ole Miss matches up well with Czinano in the paint. Igbokwe is a great matchup for her off the bench and Singleton holds her own in the paint.

Do not think Iowa matches up well with Baker or Scott at all, I expect both of them to have a big game. If they can continue to get some offense off the bench from Collins or Thompson they should be in it.

Ole Miss needs to hold them to 70 or fewer to win IMO. Otherwise they can’t manufacture enough points unless Baker goes completely off.

Ole Miss will have to get through the winner of Louisville/Texas first (and Iowa will have to get past the winner of Duke/Colorado). Ole Miss vs. Louisville/Texas should be a real defensive battle!

Someone is going to have to explain it to me how Haley Jones is an AA but RK and Jordy are not!!
Those awards are about the name on the Jersey as much as anything else anymore. Kind of Sad really. Same people that do the rankings must have votes on the All American teams too.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
LSU will roll them.
If LSUs defense plays like they did vs Michigan. I fully expect them to win. They beat Michigan down like a dog and shot horrendously the entire night. Alexis Morris and Flaujae have not found their shots either so far this tournament. One of them is bound to make a few more shots next game.

One thing is apparent, teams with a high level of commitment to defense have been excelling more this post season… the pac 12 really hasn’t impressed me a lot so far from what I’ve seen

Hoping TN brings the heat defensively later. The sweet 16 appearance is there for the taking

I really think getting only one win against ranked opponents, despite having just about more chances than anyone to get more with the brutal schedule Tennessee played, is what hurt our Jordy and Kea the most. It’s obvious to everyone how special these two players are, but they weren’t able to get the kind of wins that make it impossible for voters to ignore. I hate it, but I suppose with all the terrific players out there they have to draw the line SOMEwhere.

i watch brink play some this year and before this year she could not practice for a week sick. she miss layups she would hit. she ran slower than normal look sick in face. my brother watch game with me said they should not let her play he said shelook sick. . old miss won but their six man was whatever sickness got brink. worst i saw her played old miss kept hands on her and it run the gas out of her tank. far as points goes i look at fg% @VolBall09 old miss beat team on the floor thats all they can do. just my take on brink who i watch play ten or more games she was not no where near 100% not old miss problems just the way i see it.
No excuses in sports.

FrrMdjHaYAA_gAj
Down to 4

FrrMdjHaYAA_gAj
Down to 4

All very deserving. For me I’m going with Kenny Brooks. He put together a really nice team, got them playing well and got them #1 overall seed.

Really impressive job for being at VaTech and not having lots of top recruits.

Lynn Roberts has also done a lot with a little and Utah plays great ball.

Dawn can coach but IMO this season belongs to her players and not so much the coaching. Give that roster to any of the other 3 and they would also be undefeated.

Ole Miss will have to get through the winner of Louisville/Texas first (and Iowa will have to get past the winner of Duke/Colorado). Ole Miss vs. Louisville/Texas should be a real defensive battle!

Thank you! I was all jacked up. Hope Ole Miss advances. I think they are better than either of those teams.

I’m putting my money on Texas in that one.

All very deserving. For me I’m going with Kenny Brooks. He put together a really nice team, got them playing well and got them #1 overall seed.

Really impressive job for being at VaTech and not having lots of top recruits.

Lynn Roberts has also done a lot with a little and Utah plays great ball.

Dawn can coach but IMO this season belongs to her players and not so much the coaching. Give that roster to any of the other 3 and they would also be undefeated.
It was not easy getting all those players on board with their roles and keeping everyone happy.

UTAH does not have the height nor rebounding paralysis to beat LSU. Their best player is 6'1 at best and prides her self on being stronger in the upper body than most other players. She has yet to see the likes of LSU i think LSU wins by 20. Utah has better guards but i just dont see them being competitive on the boards to stop Angel .

UTAH does not have the height nor rebounding paralysis to beat LSU. Their best player is 6'1 at best and prides her self on being stronger in the upper body than most other players. She has yet to see the likes of LSU i think LSU wins by 20. Utah has better guards but i just dont see them being competitive on the boards to stop Angel .
What was the original word, prowess?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Utah is usually a good perimeter shooting team but the Utes had a horrible time shooting 3-pointers against Princeton. If they can get normal perimeter production they can beat LSU.

Utah actually has two wins over SEC teams this season (Alabama and Ole Miss) and they are used to playing against teams with big post players. It's sort of silly to sell Pili short when she has been great the whole season. She has regularly gone up against big post players in the Pac 12 and was still highly effective.

Reactions: volforlife10
Utah is usually a good perimeter shooting team but the Utes had a horrible time shooting 3-pointers against Princeton. If they can get normal perimeter production they can beat LSU.

Utah actually has two wins over SEC teams this season (Alabama and Ole Miss) and they are used to playing against teams with big post players. It's sort of silly to sell Pili short when she has been great the whole season. She has regularly gone up against big post players in the Pac 12 and was still highly effective.
i agree. pili has shown night in and night out she can hang with any post player, no matter the size. she’s tough, definitely one of my favorites who isn’t wearing tennessee orange.

Reactions: Max Roguespierre

VN Store

Back