Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

SEC kicking butt so far this week! Hope that trend continues. I thought it was a tough league this season, especially on the defensive end. There is a lot of really good coaching going on in the SEC.

The SEC was considered by most to be way down this season except for South Carolina and possibly LSU, but I never felt that way as we went through the conference games. It was possibly slightly down, but the way fans of other conferences talked you'd think we were a mid-major conference this year. Not so much.

Everything could go belly up in Round 2, of course, but it has been nice to see familiar players on SEC teams getting to have the joy of winning their first game, and for MissSt, TWO wins!

Another person I like a lot that some here seem to dislike is Coach Yo. I love her assertiveness and passion for the game. Same for Kim Mulkey. (running to hide now)

I like Coach Yo as long as they let us watch the game and don’t force us to watch a side by side of her AND the game every time they play lol.

I like Coach Yo as long as the let us watch the game and don’t force us to watch a side by side of her AND the game every time they play lol.

lol

I don't mind it. I guess I actually like seeing her work the officials. That's what I was referring to as far as her assertiveness. She is not afraid to light into them, and it makes me wish Kellie were a little more like that. Not to say Kellie is never like that, because she is. But sometimes I find myself watching and wishing Kellie was doing it more.

VolBall09, I find myself wishing you and I had our own private channel to talk in, or at least each other's email to jaw back and forth. Pretty sure if we'd ever met in person we'd have become fast friends. 🧡

Dawn Plitzuweit one-and-done as West Virginia women’s basketball coach will take the Minnesota coaching job

Oh wow! I did not see that coming. The Minnesota job is a good one for the right coach. Lots of good high school players in the state if she can get them to stay home.

Surprised to see her change jobs so quickly but I’m sure WV isn’t exactly clamoring to support women’s basketball.

She can really coach so I think Minnesota just got a good one.

I feel for the West Virginia players though. That’s tough having one coach retire and then another leave after only a season. Especially those they transferred in. I suppose they would be able to transfer freely with their coach leaving but still seems like a mess.

Oh wow! I did not see that coming. The Minnesota job is a good one for the right coach. Lots of good high school players in the state if she can get them to stay home.

Surprised to see her change jobs so quickly but I’m sure WV isn’t exactly clamoring to support women’s basketball.

She can really coach so I think Minnesota just got a good one.

I feel for the West Virginia players though. That’s tough having one coach retire and then another leave after only a season. Especially those they transferred in. I suppose they would be able to transfer freely with their coach leaving but still seems like a mess.

The WV job could be a good if they hire a coach that can recruit ?

Wow. Ohio St is down 12 to James Madison. I expect their press to kick in at some point, but I didn’t expect this.

I want OS to pull this out. Them losing would create an even easier path for UConn to advance to the E8.
Right thats all i was thinking about i dnt like this at all lol

VN Store

Back