Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Not sure what UConn has to do with Kentucky but I'll try to explain it to you.

UConn was No. 2 when they lost to Georgia Tech. As an aside, Unranked at the time but No. 15 now. UConn dropped to No. 7 after the loss.

UConn then dropped four more after losing to No. 3 Louisville to No. 11.

They then moved up after two teams above them lost to No. 9.

We will see where they are on Monday after losing to Oregon this week. Oregon should be ranked. Maybe No. 10 or 11.

Hope that helps.

🙏 🙏 🙏 As long as Ucant drop to 20 or 23

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Not sure what UConn has to do with Kentucky but I'll try to explain it to you.

UConn was No. 2 when they lost to Georgia Tech. As an aside, Unranked at the time but No. 15 now. UConn dropped to No. 7 after the loss.

UConn then dropped four more after losing to No. 3 Louisville to No. 11.

They then moved up after two teams above them lost to No. 9.

We will see where they are on Monday after losing to Oregon this week. Oregon should be ranked. Maybe No. 10 or 11.

Hope that helps.

🙏 🙏 🙏 As long as Ucant drop to 20 or 23

I’m watching VaTech and NCState. So far VaTech is bringing it. They are a hot and cold team. Sometimes they just don’t show up to play like the UNC game. But of a slow start but using really tough defense to take a lead after the first quarter.

Last edited:
Would be great if UGA could go ahead and beat Ole Miss in their next game. Would protect us even a bit more at the top. I think that will be a really good game. Two teams with very similar styles that matchup really well this season.
Likewise, we need VA Tech to get a win over NC State. It helps our RPI and increases the chance we move up on tomorrow's AP poll.

The Kentucky fans seem to think she has lost her rapport with her team. I would agree. They have stopped playing defense and rebounding almost entirely which is a good indication the coaches have lost them. Lots of accusations that the players have been having personal relationships with one another and it is affecting team chemistry. I believe there is some truth to that just watching them interact several times.

It’s a really strange issue that is tough to navigate in women’s collegiate sports. It doesn’t come up in the men’s game really ever that I can think of. I do believe personal relationships are totally inappropriate within a team though. Too much risk of affecting everyone in a negative manner if it does not work out. I think it’s pretty immature to be more concerned with dating your teammate than winning with them anyhow.

The women’s soccer program at my college had a similar issue. Had been really good and were coming off an NCAA tournament push. They had several girls who started dating one another in the off season and it totally imploded the team. They won like two games the next season. Had a bunch of transfers that were not comfortable with what was going on in the locker room. And disciplinary issues for those who stayed. Two of the girls ended up getting kicked off after trying to fight one of their ex boyfriends. It was just an unholy mess.
Didn’t Zaay and Meme date? I mean it can work, plenty of spouses work together everyday. Chicago just won a championship with a married couple on the team. With that being said, I get what you’re saying.

Reactions: VolBall09

VN Store

Back