Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

It wasn't necessary but I couldn't resist as you obviously missed or disregarded the nature of his post.

I am also sorry players like Boston haven't gotten the attention/ spotlight from the media they deserved. We are rivals but she is a good player and deserves some shine too.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
It was on purpose 😃 Some posters don't bring anything to our board and want to say they bring "facts" but don't bring all the facts. Plus they also never say anything about "their" team. Just want to point out things about ours🥴😂

I got baited before but not now. Glad that someone else called it😂
I posted facts. Directly from her bio.

Just because it doesn’t jive with your opinion doesn’t make not true.

And Clark goes to Tennessee? Oh yeah, you just like to bring up old posts.

Reactions: Harvey Peak
UConn has a 10 player roster against lesser teams or lowly ranked like ND, altho' ND still a special rival even w/o Muffett. 2 injuries to Fudd and Griffin meant 8 players. ON-O fouls out, that's 7 players. 3 remaining players had so-so to crappy games: Williams, Westbrook, and Muhl. Hence, even with a comfy lead while starter Paige, starter Edwards (not AA), transfer Juhasz (still playin uneven), Ducharme (unproven frosh), and Westbrook so another ball handler, there were not AA's on the bench whether AA in WCBB or AA in high school. UConn tends to play longer to build up its players' stamina and to get them as much real-time game minutes together, especially after a 11-day layoff and in 2 weeks a 10-day layoff. Such an injury can occur in practice, on campus, or earlier in the game. UConn was relying on a very short roster to run the game out in 2nd gear and not let ND have a 14-2 run in last few minutes making a comfy win end with bad taste in one's mouth for players and coaches alike. I have rooted for three WCBB teams over the last 40+ years, I think this may be the first last minute, non-contact (even a non-play) injury. It sucks. But some team do a hockey line 3-4 player en masse substitution in a comfy win with 45 seconds left. Not many top-tier teams do it. UConn does it in the final reg season game, the and the final NCAAW game.

What happened to DeBerry, McLean, and Gabriel? Despite what you say, the first two were McDonald's AA. Were they all hurt?

Last edited:
I know if I were one of those players who never got to play and the star player never considered that I might want to play a minute or two and always chooses to play the entire game herself even in blowouts, it would hurt my feelings something awful. I admit I'm a super sensitive person, but I don't think I'm out of line to suggest Bueckers might be a tad inconsiderate of her end-of-the-bench teammates. They work hard in practice, too, I'm sure.
It just shows how arrogant, self-serving and inconsiderate she is of those that go to practice and class every day just like she does! Hopefully, she matures someday. Slim Chance or she wouldn't be on the court 38-39 minutes a game. Then again, look at the head coach who will be leading her by his example.

I posted facts. Directly from her bio.

Just because it doesn’t jive with your opinion doesn’t make not true.

And Clark goes to Tennessee? Oh yeah, you just like to bring up old posts.

Obviously you didn't take the Mods advice and put me on ignore since we were both addressed for the posts that got deleted because they were reported. I am responding because someone let me know i was being addressed so i took you off 😂

So here we go... you can put up her honors but that does not mean that the spotlight or the amount of air time was the same for Clarke as it was for Paige. They have a certain number of slots per team they have to fill out . During halftimes we saw stories on Paige during NCAA tourney games when she had nothing to do with the teams playing. We sort of saw this with Sabrina Ionescu when other players were good as well. You have the other player of the year Nylyssa Smith who got VERY little air time and that's why Kim was always hyping her up.

So no AA status doesn't equal spotlight or airtime. Sorry just doesn't.

Now i can't make that any clearer for you. So no one said Paige didn't deserve what she got. So stop saying what i am "trying" to say or "sound as if" because that was not the point of my post.

Any other issues because clearly you have one when i am not addressing you and you are quoting me... and if you thought it was just me it's not because another poster pointed it out😊

Last edited:
Obviously you didn't take the Mods advice and put me on ignore since we were both addressed for the posts that got deleted because they were reported.

You can put up her honors but that does not mean that the spotlight or the amount of air time was the same for Clarke as it was for Paige. They have a certain number of slots per team they have to fill out . During halftimes we saw stories on Paige during NCAA tourney games when she had nothing to do with the teams playing. We sort of saw this with Sabrina Ionescu when other players were good as well. You have the other player of the year Nylyssa Smith who got VERY little air time and that's why Kim was always hyping her up.

So no AA status doesn't equal spotlight or airtime. Sorry just doesn't.

Now i can't make that any clearer for you. So no one said Paige didn't deserve what she got. So stop saying what i am "trying" to say or "sound as if" because that was not the point of my post.

Any other issues because clearly you have one when i am not addressing you and you are quoting me... and if you thought it was just me it's not because another poster pointed it out😊
First let me say I never saw the mods post. It was all deleted before I would be able to see it. I can definatley stop replying to your posts.

This is the last one.

First let me say I never saw the mods post. It was all deleted before I would be able to see it. I can definatley stop replying to your posts.

This is the last one.

here let me help ... I've been asking you to stop lol but you kept on insisting to respond to me although i told you i didn't like our interactions. if this is your last post I hope you and Rutgers have a great season as you stated that was your team👌🏾✌🏾
045B66B5-9CC1-464F-BDD8-454B46BCB046.jpeg

It just shows how arrogant, self-serving and inconsiderate she is of those that go to practice and class every day just like she does! Hopefully, she matures someday. Slim Chance or she wouldn't be on the court 38-39 minutes a game. Then again, look at the head coach who will be leading her by his example.
Whats wrong with some of you people? Paige isn't like that at all, she just loves the game of basketball. There are a great many posters that really know their stuff and are very passionate WBB fans. Thats why I try to go here as much as I can and read your comments, disagreements, and opinions. I respect this forum and your right to talk about just about anything you want and it usually quite informative and entertaining. Now having said all that, some people are just so arrogant to think they know everything and think nothing of spouting about things they know nothing about, saying hurtful and thoughtless things about people you don't know, even making things up just to be heard. Those comments about Paige are way out of line, but I really don't suspect anyone cares unless you are a true WBB fan. If you hate Geno, fine, if you hate UConn fine, but spewing S--t for no reason is being a very small person. Yes, I know I'm going to get beat down, but what the hell, I'm a UConn fan and am used to it. BTW, no I don't know Paige, so you don't have to get on me for that. I just have been following this young lady since she stepped on the Storrs campus. She is loved and respected by her teammates. JMHO, sorry but it is.

Last edited:
Whats wrong with some of you people? Paige isn't like that at all, she just loves the game of basketball. There are a great many posters that really know their stuff and are very passionate WBB fans. Thats why I try to go here as much as I can and read your comments, disagreements, and opinions. I respect this forum and your right to talk about just about anything you want and it usually quite informative and entertaining. Now having said all that, some people are just so arrogant to think they know everything and think nothing of spouting about things they know nothing about, saying hurtful and thoughtless things about people you don't know, even making things up just to be heard. Those comments about Paige are way out of line, but I really don't suspect anyone cares unless you are a true WBB fan. If you hate Geno, fine, if you hate UConn fine, but spewing S--t for no reason is being a very small person. Yes, I know I'm going to get beat down, but what the hell, I'm a UConn fan and am used to it. BTW, no I don't know Paige, so you don't have to get on me for that. I just have been following this young lady since she stepped on the Storrs campus. She is loved and respected by her teammates. JMHO, sorry but it is.

Can you spell disrespect? You come here lecturing everyone about how to act but you spew all of us except the posters you have a problem with. Typical behavior for someone who does not respect our fan base.

They didn
I am also sorry players like Boston haven't gotten the attention/ spotlight from the media they deserved. We are rivals but she is a good player and deserves some shine too.

Those players should realize that TN has more media attention

I certainly don't blame Paige for being competitive. However, your very own coach was quoted on The Boneyard saying that (close if not verbatim quote) "she's a pain in the ass to sit beside when she's on the bench. All she does is complain about not being in the game" (or "wanting to go back in the game"...close enough). If he means to say that she wants to be there competing, he should say so. But, in fairness to those who are a bit tired of the Paige-worship, it would be easy to interpret his remarks to mean that she is being selfish and doesn't want to share PT, even in a blowout with little time remaining. That's on your coach, who has never seemed to have any problem articulating his thoughts bluntly. All of us who have coached have probably had to explain to a starter (or parents) that other pkayers deserve some game time, too, even at the expense of stats for the starter.

I don't think Bueckers is like that, but your coach has made a bunch of recent statements (most of us here disregard them as his usual b.s. attempts at humor, but some may take him at his word) that cast a negative light on his players, seem to avoid taking responsibility for team/player deficiciencies, questions his players' coachability, and even expresses uncertainty with his own decisions. Perhaps someone else should address the media to avoid creating misleading impressions.

And I couldn't help but notice a very vigorous debate about the end of the ND game, with even Nan getting involved with a statement that fanned the flames. Her last statement remarked that the discussion was "getting nasty."

Can you spell disrespect? You come here lecturing everyone about how to act but you spew all of us except the posters you have a problem with. Typical behavior for someone who does not respect our fan base.

You are one of the posters who I really respect believe it or not. I know you hate us with a passion, but come on, even you have to get sick of some of the comments, not just what my post was about, but some members just make noise just to make noise. Look, you know that I am not talking about the majority of LV fans, and I said so in the post. The Boneyard has a few like that too, but I just had to stick up for a young girl who just may have her season ended and can't defend herself. Sometimes things just get to me, and again I apologize to anyone who was offended, but for anyone who was offended, it wasn't about you. BTW, when I am upset I depend on Spellcheck to get me through.

Reactions: glv98 and mcannon1
what did Stoors have to say about EW's "injury's" while she was playing for UT?

We knew nothing before she came here, and actually, we still don't know what the real problem was. She has said that this is the first time she has been pain free since her injury occurred ,whenever that was.

I have been following women's basketball since the '80s. I played 4 years of Division 3 college basketball. I have a decent idea of how the game is played and what it takes to be a good teammate. Nothing was made up, it was taken from a direct quote from her coach. I will requote what I said but in a different manner. I should have said, "it sounds like she is arrogant, self-serving, and inconsiderate of those that go to practice and class every day just like she does!

How do you read this quote by Geno Auriemma and are you saying that it is not true, “She never wants to come out. She’s a pain in the ass to have on the bench because all she does is complain about why she’s not playing. And we’ve made a concerted effort in the last three or four games to get her some rest during the game.” Auriemma said. “You’re right, I don’t have an answer for why she was in the game. I mean, that could happen anytime. It could happen in practice. It could happen in a game. But I don’t like our team without her on the court. I mean, I might have to like it if she misses any time, but I don’t like the way our team looks when she’s not on the floor.”

I am sure it is her teammates that have to listen to her and those aren't getting any minutes i.e., Sarah Poffenberger or maybe a Mir Mclean would get pretty tired pretty quickly having to listen to someone getting 99% of the playing time and all of the media coverage complaining about being pulled out of a game where the "TEAM" is winning by 40.

Again, I will say, Hopefully, she matures.

I have been following women's basketball since the '80s. I played 4 years of Division 3 college basketball. I have a decent idea of how the game is played and what it takes to be a good teammate. Nothing was made up, it was taken from a direct quote from her coach. I will requote what I said but in a different manner. I should have said, "it sounds like she is arrogant, self-serving, and inconsiderate of those that go to practice and class every day just like she does!

How do you read this quote by Geno Auriemma and are you saying that it is not true, “She never wants to come out. She’s a pain in the ass to have on the bench because all she does is complain about why she’s not playing. And we’ve made a concerted effort in the last three or four games to get her some rest during the game.” Auriemma said. “You’re right, I don’t have an answer for why she was in the game. I mean, that could happen anytime. It could happen in practice. It could happen in a game. But I don’t like our team without her on the court. I mean, I might have to like it if she misses any time, but I don’t like the way our team looks when she’s not on the floor.”

I am sure it is her teammates that have to listen to her and those aren't getting any minutes i.e., Sarah Poffenberger or maybe a Mir Mclean would get pretty tired pretty quickly having to listen to someone getting 99% of the playing time and all of the media coverage complaining about being pulled out of a game where the "TEAM" is winning by 40.

Again, I will say, Hopefully, she matures.

Chemistry matters. She doesn’t have a championship attitude and it’s becoming more and more obvious.

This is the problem with these big NIL deals. So far, aside from an individual award she has proved….NOTHING.

ZILCH

NADA

Geno would say the same. She’s got a massive ego for someone with no rings that matter. Nobody cares about your high school days.

I certainly don't blame Paige for being competitive. However, your very own coach was quoted on The Boneyard saying that (close if not verbatim quote) "she's a pain in the ass to sit beside when she's on the bench. All she does is complain about not being in the game" (or "wanting to go back in the game"...close enough). If he means to say that she wants to be there competing, he should say so. But, in fairness to those who are a bit tired of the Paige-worship, it would be easy to interpret his remarks to mean that she is being selfish and doesn't want to share PT, even in a blowout with little time remaining. That's on your coach, who has never seemed to have any problem articulating his thoughts bluntly. All of us who have coached have probably had to explain to a starter (or parents) that other pkayers deserve some game time, too, even at the expense of stats for the starter.

I don't think Bueckers is like that, but your coach has made a bunch of recent statements (most of us here disregard them as his usual b.s. attempts at humor, but some may take him at his word) that cast a negative light on his players, seem to avoid taking responsibility for team/player deficiciencies, questions his players' coachability, and even expresses uncertainty with his own decisions. Perhaps someone else should address the media to avoid creating misleading impressions.

And I couldn't help but notice a very vigorous debate about the end of the ND game, with even Nan getting involved with a statement that fanned the flames. Her last statement remarked that the discussion was "getting nasty."

I have to agree with you, it was getting pretty nasty over there. Some of us, and I have posted this on the Boneyard, have a hard time listening to Geno at times. I don't like the way he talks about players publicly, but thats him, and his coaching ability out weighs what we think, We are proud of our program, and we have no control over what is done or said by him. What would you rather have, a nice coach or 11 national championships? BTW, both is a non answer. LOL

Reactions: mcannon1

Bingo

Dawn herself said she had to make some pointed phone calls to parents about playing time. Injuries have totally changed that. But she did the right thing, she recognized she was loaded and headed off the problem before it started. Told players and parents straight up what to expect.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I have to agree with you, it was getting pretty nasty over there. Some of us, and I have posted this on the Boneyard, have a hard time listening to Geno at times. I don't like the way he talks about players publicly, but thats him, and his coaching ability out weighs what we think, We are proud of our program, and we have no control over what is done or said by him. What would you rather have, a nice coach or 11 national championships? BTW, both is a non answer. LOL

This is a tacky comment. We’d rather have a living coach. Thanks.

VN Store

Back