Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I am surprised by Missouri. First time ever that I’ve watched and they don’t seem to be playing dirty. Maybe they’ve finally scrubbed the filth of Cunningham out of the program. Although I thought pulling the cheap play from the roots would’ve started with Pingeton.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I am surprised by Missouri. First time ever that I’ve watched and they don’t seem to be playing dirty. Maybe they’ve finally scrubbed the filth of Cunningham out of the program. Although I thought pulling the cheap play from the roots would’ve started with Pingeton.

Mainly they never got a chance tonight. Tons of fouls called on them. Officials weren’t letting them get started let alone carried away.

Mainly they never got a chance tonight. Tons of fouls called on them. Officials weren’t letting them get started let alone carried away.
This game again points out the importance of hitting your free throws. Mizzou was 8 of 14 from the FT line. It could have won this game with better foul shooting. Mizzou's superstar, Blackwell, missed four FTs in a row during the most important stretch of the game. While missing FTs during the game sometimes may not seem important, the LVs must pay attention to this important aspect of the game and concentrate on making the freebies. It could make the difference between a win or a loss.

Just noticed MSST got absolutely swatted by Oklahoma 94-63. Baranczyk has really got Oklahoma playing well. Just the one loss to Oregon. If they keep it up they may be a Top 25 team pretty soon. Especially with all the upsets.

Surprised to see MSST lose by that kind of differential. Not able to find a replay of the game, but giving up 94 means defense was absent.

They also shot 35 threes which is either a really strange coaching decision or they’re just doing whatever they want out there. Oklahoma isn’t a very big team.

And if you read Shea Ralph's recruitment she said the reason she picked UConn over UT and UNC is because Geno told her if she didn't practice she wouldn't play. Geno is very public about playing time is earned in practice with numerous quotes over several years. One quote i can paraphrase is when asked about recruiting over players he said, "if a player feels they can't earn playing time, they are not a UConn player."
I’m not here to debate the subject. Only coaches and players/families know what is promised and what isn’t. I’m simply stating what Chamique said. I will close with this…the only person with no motivation to fudge the truth especially at the time this documentary was made was Chamique.

Oh mighty keyboard warrior, your ego is getting as bad as dickster and humper in thinking everything on the forum is about you. Several here marveled at Tennessee's thrashing of Tennessee Tech, and many of those same fans don't realize how ridiculous they looked mocking UConn for their comparable victory over "Seaton" Hall. To think I was singling you out is precious, but it might shock you to know I really don't care about your assessment of either team and generally scroll through your TLDR posts these days for that reason. Besides, you of all people should realize I have NO problem calling out individuals for idiotic posts (case in point)...

"Dickster"? How rich coming from you. You have no valid argument so you resort to name calling just like a spoiled 8 year old would.

I’m not here to debate the subject. Only coaches and players/families know what is promised and what isn’t. I’m simply stating what Chamique said. I will close with this…the only person with no motivation to fudge the truth especially at the time this documentary was made was Chamique.
I don't think promising Chamique "playing time" was a stretch for any coach in the known universe. The discussion here was about promising a starting spot. I'd be very surprised if either Pat or Geno ever promised any recruit an automatic start. Tough guy is/was very much a part of both of their personas.

Ironically, just the other day Geno was berated here for how tough he was on his players after the So Car loss. Playing for Geno (or Pat) is like playing for Bobby Knight. Parents and recruits know/knew what they're signing up for. No mystery, no secret. Doesn't mean some can't adjust to the reality of playing for such a coach and loaded team and that may be the case with Fudd. If so that's fine, it happens and if she is actually unhappy, I hope she finds a place she can prosper,

I don't think promising Chamique "playing time" was a stretch for any coach in the known universe. The discussion here was about promising a starting spot. I'd be very surprised if either Pat or Geno ever promised any recruit an automatic start. Tough guy is/was very much a part of both of their personas....

Uhh, Pat announced to the world that Ariel Massengale was going to be her starting point guard while she was still a HS senior in 2011.

Notre Dame is playing at UConn today at 12 EST and Texas plays Texas A&M on their homecourt at 4pm est. Two of the best games on today. Belmont at Louisville same time as Notre Dame game will watch a little of both. Citron has been terrific thus far for Notre Dame with a huge breakout game last time they played. Will be interesting to see how she plays on the road today. Harmon been in a slump for Texas 0 for last game. Verhulst is not playing much for Louisville three minutes last game and 0 points.

Notre Dame is playing at UConn today at 12 EST and Texas plays Texas A&M on their homecourt at 4pm est. Two of the best games on today. Belmont at Louisville same time as Notre Dame game will watch a little of both. Citron has been terrific thus far for Notre Dame with a huge breakout game last time they played. Will be interesting to see how she plays on the road today. Harmon been in a slump for Texas 0 for last game. Verhulst is not playing much for Louisville three minutes last game and 0 points.
Lots of good games today and not enough devices to watch them on they really need to spread these games out😂😂

I’ve been really impressed with Miles for ND as well. Great player with a really nice frame. She’s bigger than I thought she was originally. Passes the ball really well and plays under control. Will grab a rebound and start the break which is always nice.

VN Store

Back