Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I’m not into making excuses for teams with a bunch of 5 stars waiting in the wings. Notes Dame won a Natty with 6 healthy players after everyone said they were dead in the water.

I was thinking the same thing. Maryland always gets exposed when they play someone decent. Almost as much fun as that UConn beatdown.

I’m not into making excuses for teams with a bunch of 5 stars waiting in the wings. Notre Dame won a Natty with 6 healthy players after everyone said they were dead in the water.

Who said Notre Dame dead in the water back then. The top six players were their best ones (ND had a 7 man rotation that season) and had players on the bench. Three players on the bench ( Jordan Nixon, Ali Patberg, Danielle Patterson) transferred because of lack of playing time.

Competitive first quarter between BYU and FSU, two good looking basketball teams.

BYU has a couple guards, Harding and Gonzales, that are great. Both three level scorers and in fantastic shape. Harding is a great defender and built. For a shorter woman she is stacked, just made of muscle.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Nope Lol. Those tournaments are hard to predict. Never would have guessed the AZ/Vandy game would be decided by one bucket and Maryland/NC state a blowout.
I will say that it does seem like Maryland has a tendency to lose big non conference games the majority of the time injuries or no injuries. Washington lost to VCU 60-47 and Washington only lost to Louisville at home by 7. Vandy gave Arizona just a good a game as Louisville did.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolBall09
Nope Lol. Those tournaments are hard to predict. Never would have guessed the AZ/Vandy game would be decided by one bucket and Maryland/NC state a blowout.
This year every game is a challenge. Vandy lost to Middle Tennessee by nine and Little Rock by 16 on their home floor and then play a last possession game versus Arizona. The Pac 12 honestly looked powerful, but they haven't looked that powerful in games. This one is a huge surprise not going to be surprised by anything going forward.

How good would we be today if we hired Moore instead of Holly? I bet we’d have another national title by now.
I don’t know about winning a nat. Championship, but we would have had a much better chance over the last 10 years or so. He is a really good coach. It does make you sad to think what could have been.

Reactions: mcannon1
This year every game is a challenge. Vandy lost to Middle Tennessee by nine and Little Rock by 16 on their home floor and then play a last possession game versus Arizona. The Pac 12 honestly looked powerful, but they haven't looked that powerful in games. This one is a huge surprise not going to be surprised by anything going forward.

I wonder how much effect COVID protocols are having on teams? Seems like there are still a lot more restrictions in California and several other PAC-12 states. Have to wonder if it affects their ability to practice like normal as other teams have gone back to the day to day.

Last edited:
Very impressed with Vandy team yesterday. Great team defense. Worked hard to out rebound a big Arizona team 33 - 22. Didn't get down when losing by 22-7. Clawed back to tie the game with 3 seconds left. Could get a nice win today vs Rutgers. Arizona wins on a flailing off hand prayer at the rim.
"Circus shot"

That’s the issue that’s the level of talent that still dreams to play for Lady Vols..
Tess had offers from schools like Georgia Tech and Texas Tech and many others I can’t remember on the top of my head so Tess had offers from P5 schools but chose the Lady Vols the moment Kellie Harper offered

Missouri State now has wins over Little Rock and VA Tech. Little Rock seems like a big win since they have a 16 point win over Vandy and also beat Auburn. Jackson who had been averaging 5 points and 37 percent from the field scored 18 for Missouri State today in her first game as a starter.

VN Store

Back