Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Don't be surprised if you see DT again for sure, Sue is done but I think DT tries her best to be there at the next one and I don't see the committee being bold enough to tell her know. Interesting you didn't have Chelsea Gray returning and don't count out Paige, wont that be her rookie year in the league?
I have nothing against Chelsea, but I think Sabrina and Kelsey will be "the future of USA Basketball", along with Paige. Not sure if Paige makes it the first year, but I wouldn't be surprised...given that she continues at her current trajectory.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Not gonna happen. Sloot plays under a different flag for Olympics/World Competitions (Hungary, maybe?). USA Basketball has no idea how to build a succession plan. When you keep trotting out the same players year after year after year for the Olympics, then the younger players that should be the future of USA basketball will make their own plans...like Courtney did and Becky Hammon before her.
Vandersloot was born in Kent, Washington. She has dual citizenship. She has been playing for Hungary since 2016, but she can play for the US when she wants.

@djtee I got you covered "This will be a great pick up for Kim and LSU" 😂

All jokes aside this girl can ball and she will help them. Coming off an injury is why she is under ranked.

Cooper's gonna be better
she's a "get"

she's got the Cooper mentality (Michael Cooper could shoot baseline 3's all day long, only this girl does a stop n pop from that arc,,,and hits it. Her layups are with excellent mechanics throughout the release of it

She's a get

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I have nothing against Chelsea, but I think Sabrina and Kelsey will be "the future of USA Basketball", along with Paige. Not sure if Paige makes it the first year, but I wouldn't be surprised...given that she continues at her current trajectory.

Problem I have with this is Chelsea and players like Sloot and others deserved their chance. That’s the reason several of them played for other countries. They knew they had no chance of taking a ride on the UCONN train to the Olympics. Which is total BS. Players should not compete in more than 2 cycles IMO. Now they’ll get passed up for younger players like Plum et al.

You’ve had your glory, now pass the torch and let others experience the Olympics and represent their country. We have so much more talent in WBB compared to other countries we could make 3-4 gold medal teams every cycle. Absolutely no reason for women to be playing in their 4th or 5th Olympics. An entire cycle of players 3-8 years younger than those grannies missed out so they could have their cake and eat it. Sad. And the reason I didn’t watch any WBB for the Olympics this year.

Last edited:
Can she? I thought that once you represent another country in international competition, then you can't represent another one.
In the Olympics if they want to compete for a different nation, they have to wait three years after they last competed for their country of origin. However in FIBA, if players have competed for the United States in FIBA-sanctioned events after having reached their 17th birthday, they are not allowed to play for another country in a FIBA event. They can of course appeal. This is the rule that Nene and Balogun out of playing for Nigeria.

Reactions: Amb3096
Problem I have with this is Chelsea and players like Sloot and others deserved their chance. That’s the reason several of them played for other countries. They knew they had no chance of taking a ride on the UCONN train to the Olympics. Which is total BS. Players should not compete in more than 2 cycles IMO. Now they’ll get passed up for younger players like Plum et al.

You’ve had your glory, now pass the torch and let others experience the Olympics and represent their country. We have so much more talent in WBB compared to other countries we could make 3-4 gold medal teams every cycle. Absolutely no reason for women to be playing in their 4th or 5th Olympics. An entire cycle of players 3-8 years younger than those grannies missed out so they could have their cake and eat it. Sad. And the reason I didn’t want any WBB for the Olympics this year.
I agree with you. Two Olympic tours should be the max. As good as Griner is, she needs to step aside so that younger players can have a shot. Probably Stewart, too.

Hopefully the next team will be comprised of players with no more than one previous Olympic games along with Olympic newcomers.

We have so much more talent in WBB compared to other countries we could make 3-4 gold medal teams every cycle. Absolutely no reason for women to be playing in their 4th or 5th Olympics. An entire cycle of players 3-8 years younger than those grannies missed out so they could have their cake and eat it. Sad. And the reason I didn’t watch any WBB for the Olympics this year.

Team USA sends multiple individual athletes for many sports that compete against each other - ice skating, skiing, swimming, fencing. They also send multiple beach volleyball teams that compete against each other. What prevents there being multiple basketball teams from the USA?

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Women's Basketball

Vanderbillt has a roster with two seniors, six juniors, and five freshmen, not a sophomore to be found. A lot of new faces some talented freshmen think they probably are a bottom half of the SEC team this season.
You are going to see the freshmen play a good deal. 3 of them are 6'2" and are real players. One of them is the Florida Gatorade Player of the Year. Kendal Cheesman. They also have Jaloni Cambridge's older sister playing for them. I wonder if she is recruiting Jaloni.

Watch it again Copper had her arms around Cunningham’s neck and pulled her down. Copper is the best player for both teams on the floor but last night she wanted to thug more and it cost her team. With that being said Chicago is the most talented team Vandersloot and Quigley are just Damn good.
Here we go with the code words🙄. If anyone is a thug it’s it’s Sophie.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
2021-22 Women's Basketball Roster - Mississippi State
Still a lot of talent on the team even with the defections. How does any coach deal with three Hayes Players? Who will be the head coach? Expect Miss St to be about a middle of the pack team this season.

I see MSU as the biggest wildcard of the SEC. Others will disagree, but IMO Anastasia Hayes is the best guard in the conference. If Carter returns and joins Hayes and Jackson, they have the talent to finish 2nd in the conference. If the new coach proves to be in over his head, Carter remains suspended, and the Hayes experiment blows up in their faces, they will finish in the bottom third...

VN Store

Back