Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

She gets a weak 2500 dollar fine while other players that do the same only not as flagrant get suspended or tossed from the game. WNBA got to be consistent and they were not in this case.
Imagine if Lebron would have nudged the Ref out of the way to help his teammate up like Taurasi did. Lebron would have fell back and they would fine the Ref and suspend him from Reffing ever again. 😂

Imagine if Lebron would have nudged the Ref out of the way to help his teammate up like Taurasi did. Lebron would have fell back and they would fine the Ref and suspend him from Reffing ever again. 😂
Far from a nudge watch it again. Second I think the NBA is far more consistent in enforcing the rules and sure any playing touching a Ref like that would've been ejected.

Far from a nudge watch it again. Second I think the NBA is far more consistent in enforcing the rules and sure any playing touching a Ref like that would've been ejected.

They were picking and choosing all sorts of rules they wanted to follow the other night. I have seen WNBA players assessed a technical or ejected for less contact than that with an official. I remember a couple instances last season.

Ah, gotcha. What do their lower level tickets cost?
Depends upon arena and opposition. All that are available are upper level base line seats. No sideline seats at all. Upper level baseline go for $66 to $192 plus donation. Also season tickets have an additional $1000 'donation'. I only checked the Gampel prices. XL and Mohegan Sun tickets cost more. Unless you are a high roller with the Pequots ;).

Last edited:
Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Let me ad with a smile I have told my gay friends that I resent their (to use the explanation of 1reVOLver above) added a new meaning to two words "I feel gay" as I will feel gay if one or both of the recruits sign with the Lady Vols and also " rainbow connection" As VA Volfan stated it is what the listener hears and interprets, not always what was uttered and/or intended.

Reactions: 1reVOLver and Lucy
I’m fine with Italian. Not fine with bullies.

It wasn't really about your comment, Lady O. It was a weak attempt to humorously reference an allegation that I had recently made an anti-Italian "ethnic slur."

Meanwhile, what was Taurasi thinking? First she shoves the ref in the back; then when the ref turns around, Taurasi moves her backward with a forearm.

The only halfway-plausible excuse would be for T to say that she was concerned that her teammate might be hurt, but that's kinda far-fetched. And T has seen enough game injuries to know the procedure.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
It was a weak attempt to humorously reference an allegation that I had recently made an anti-Italian "ethnic slur.".
It wasn’t an allegation. You made a remark equating Geno, who is Italian, with the Mafia. A stereotype that is an ethic slur.

Hey, you keep bringing it up. Must be your new go to.

VN Store

Back