Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I’ll add that I’ve watched women’s basketball intensely since 1975, and been involved with a program and it’s players. Pat made Geno. He turned out to be a misogynist who has done nothing for the women’s game and everything for himself. He left Parker off the Olympic team out of spite. He sat idle while women coaches at UConn were terribly underpaid. He’s always been bad for the women’s game. Labor Dept: Women basketball coaches at UConn were underpaid | WTOP

Well, she can't stop playing any SEC team, so the field is small. Geno had the balls to challenge her when the others bowed to her presence. He was trying to start controversy and he certainly did that.
Geno is all balls. He is the only women’s coach other than Rene Portland I have ever had absolutely no respect for.

Well, she can't stop playing any SEC team, so the field is small. Geno had the balls to challenge her when the others bowed to her presence. He was trying to start controversy and he certainly did that.

SEC is 14 of the 65 P5 schools and the 342 D1 women's BB programs, so the field is quite large, actually.

I’ll add that I’ve watched women’s basketball intensely since 1975, and been involved with a program and it’s players. Pat made Geno. He turned out to be a misogynist who has done nothing for the women’s game and everything for himself. He left Parker off the Olympic team out of spite. He sat idle while women coaches at UConn were terribly underpaid. He’s always been bad for the women’s game. Labor Dept: Women basketball coaches at UConn were underpaid | WTOP

dang,,, woman... jump off men's backs and maybe you'll meet one

If this is about the Maya Moore accusations, please go on Google and look it up. Of all the 11 violations the SEC accused UConn of, the NCAA investigated and came to the conclusion that they had only 1 secondary violation, and that was a UConn staffer arranged a tour of the ESPN studios on her visit. Folks, anyone, you, me, any one on this planet can get a tour of ESPN, the problem was that UConn set it up. So, allegedly this was the reason Pat called off the best rivalry in WBB. I wish there was a better reason, as this was a big time mistake.

That was part of it (not all), and just because there isn't sufficient "proof" doesn't mean it didn't happen. Maya Moore wanted to go to Tennessee and most in recruiting circles knew this when she was in high school. Then Mama Moore asked for things which Pat Summitt flat out refused to give which ended her recruitment with Tennessee. Next thing you know she's committed and signed with UConn, and Mama Moore who lived below the poverty line in Georgia has a brand new house in Connecticut. How do you think that looked to Pat and others?

Exactly!!!!

You are right, I am a UConn fan, but I enjoy this Board. The people on this Board are inciteful, knowledgeable, and aren't afraid to mix it up on some of the controversial topics. I'm sure some of you are WBB fans as well as LV fans, and that statement was from a WBB fan. It doesn't matter who you root for, the elimination of the game was a loss for all of basketball, and that was where I was coming from. We don't meet on the court until Feb 6 I believe, and I'm hoping the LVs are unbeaten, or at least in the top 10. Its going to be a great game, and hopefully it will mean something to the entire basketball world besides us rabid fans.

That was part of it (not all), and just because there isn't sufficient "proof" doesn't mean it didn't happen. Maya Moore wanted to go to Tennessee and most in recruiting circles knew this when she was in high school. Then Mama Moore asked for things which Pat Summitt flat out refused to give which ended her recruitment with Tennessee. Next thing you know she's committed and signed with UConn, and Mama Moore who lived below the poverty line in Georgia has a brand new house in Connecticut. How do you think that looked to Pat and others?
Not just a house but a business as well. She went from a poverty situation to being a person of moderate wealth in only like a couple of weeks after Moore committed to them.

UConn non- conference schedule released today

11/14 Arkansas
11/20-22 Battle for Atlantis
Minnesota
Syracuse/USF
South Carolina/Oregon (probably)
12/5 Notre Dame
12/9 At Georgia Tech
12/11 UCLA- Never Forget Tribute Classic
12/19 Louisville- HOF game
1/17 At Oregon
1/27 At South Carolina
2/6 Tennessee

Reactions: travis929
You are right, I am a UConn fan, but I enjoy this Board. The people on this Board are inciteful, knowledgeable, and aren't afraid to mix it up on some of the controversial topics. .

Insightful, not inciteful. Try enrolling in a UT english class someday, and our faculty can straighten you out.

UConn non- conference schedule released today

11/14 Arkansas
11/20-22 Battle for Atlantis
Minnesota
Syracuse/USF
South Carolina/Oregon (probably)
12/5 Notre Dame
12/9 At Georgia Tech
12/11 UCLA- Never Forget Tribute Classic
12/19 Louisville- HOF game
1/17 At Oregon
1/27 At South Carolina
2/6 Tennessee
That’s got to be the toughest non con in the country.

Would not be the overall toughest schedule when you add those 16 mostly cupcakes conference teams they play to their schedule.
I don't think there are 16 teams in their conference (I think you meant 16 games). In all likelihood, even with their conference games, it will still be a top 10 overall schedule.

I don't think there are 16 teams in their conference (I think you meant 16 games). In all likelihood, even with their conference games, it will still be a top 10 overall schedule.
Maybe all those conference teams like Stanford, Oregon, UCLA, Arizona State, etc playing each other and then add their non conference could drop them out of the top ten would certainly look to be borderline top ten though. I would call SC and Tennessee at least equal and will have to see what some of the ACC teams do as well as the Big 12. Every conference game that Tennessee and SC play are better teams than any of their conference games. So that is 16 games we play better teams so that brings it down to the non conference where they might have a four or five game advantage this season.

Reactions: krichunaka

VN Store

Back