Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

It's not so much she can't recruit as much as she DIDNT recruit here... So there is a story she never took her Arkansas bumper sticker off her car and it caused tension when she was asked. That's just the tip of something's floating around

So she can recruit but it's when she wants too... again great pick up but i think we got TWO good recruiters ourself.
I think our recruiters are much better. AND per sources I can’t reveal, SEC coaches and recruiters are selling their programs by saying crap about UT. They are not at all happy the Lady Vols are back. We need to keep recruiting like Pat did: let recruits know what we have to offer and say nothing about the competition.

I think our recruiters are much better. AND per sources I can’t reveal, SEC coaches and recruiters are selling their programs by saying crap about UT. They are not at all happy the Lady Vols are back. We need to keep recruiting like Pat did: let recruits know what we have to offer and say nothing about the competition.

Yes while i'm on the insider i have also said heard from others that bad mouthing TN is not uncommon. People can take it or leave it but what is being said here is true and i am not just speaking from the online insider.

This is where our coaches keep holding themselves to a different standard and not mention other teams... I am glad we are getting back on people's radar and areas that haven't been heavily recruited by or turned off by TN (for whatever reason) are opening some pipelines again.

I’d rather have Olivia McGhee to be honest, not taking anything away from Scott, but Olivia is going to be a program changer

When i say she is underranked MANNN i get to see this girl play in person. Megan Walker was the Natty player of the year in HS and went to uconn and this girl is further along as a junior... 👀

I read these comments about UConn coaching and my first thought is that maybe the posters should be more concerned about Tennessee coaching. If KJH can't recruit UTenn will continue to struggle and in the meantime UConn, Stanford and SC continue to snatch up the top players as UTenn is settling for one top 20 player in the last 3 years.

No doubt that UConn wcbb will decline as the best coaching team ever retires. But no way will they make the same sort of mistake that UTenn did when they hired Holly Warlick.
Holly was the obvious choice at the time. It didn’t work out, but let’s not pretend that any other program wouldn’t have chosen a long time assistant who was chosen by the legend who was retiring.

Reactions: LadyOrange
If you notice, UConn is not going the way UT did by promoting an assistant with no head coaching experience. The heir apparent is in a 5 year audition for the UConn job. If she resurrects a program left for dead, I for 1 will be thrilled to see her take over the reins. She's a southern born girl learning her trade in Tennessee.

But some are talking about a former player who if she gets the job all ya'll get to keep your anti UConn vitriol.
I think it would be great if just once the UConn posters on here would acknowledge that if Pat had lived, if Pat had not developed one of the cruelest diseases, if Pat had remained Pat and kept coaching UConn, SC etc would still be fighting for second place. The victory laps the UConn fans take are the result of a cruel, cruel twist of fate.

Back to what?

So you're telling us there are SEC programs that bash Tennessee and other rivals in recruiting? I can't believe that... How were your sources able to obtain such highly classified intel?

If you notice, UConn is not going the way UT did by promoting an assistant with no head coaching experience. The heir apparent is in a 5 year audition for the UConn job. If she resurrects a program left for dead, I for 1 will be thrilled to see her take over the reins. She's a southern born girl learning her trade in Tennessee.

But some are talking about a former player who if she gets the job all ya'll get to keep your anti UConn vitriol.
Shea Ralph will not keep UConn at the top.

Reactions: mlindsay
Tina Charles went in on Geno when she was asked about her WNBA Rebound. She said that Geno use to tell her in college that she's the worst rebounder,but now she's the best... Great job Tina

I think it would be great if just once the UConn posters on here would acknowledge that if Pat had lived, if Pat had not developed one of the cruelest diseases, if Pat had remained Pat and kept coaching UConn, SC etc would still be fighting for second place. The victory laps the UConn fans take are the result of a cruel, cruel twist of fate.
Amen! Absolute FACTS💯💯💯

It almost makes one wonder if Lacey wasn't the problem... 🤔
Could we give Coach Sam a chance? Sometimes people don’t work well together. It doesn’t mean Lacey isn’t good or Kellie isn’t good. Maybe, it just wasn’t a good fit. Why does everything have to be negative and doom and gloom?

Last edited:
Could we give Coach Sam a chance. Sometimes people don’t work well together. It doesn’t mean Lacey isn’t good or Kellie isn’t good. Maybe, it just wasn’t a good fit. Why does everything have to be negative and doom and gloom.

He He He He He 😹

You’ve fallen into the Darth trick to hades !
You’ve been here long enough to know better ?

She didn't want to be a Lady Vol and there's nothing wrong with that

Agree but Lindsay ….. She had a top five like in school choices !!!! We were in the top five ?

But she chose Arkansas and they didn’t make the top five ? Sssssoooo how does that happen? Top choices of schools don’t mean anything? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: LadyVols

I completely agree with @Lucy, Pat was a legend, will always be a legend, and if she had not contracted this cruel disease the LV program would not have fallen on hard times. Probably won't believe this, but most UConn fans had complete respect for Pat, and her demise came as a shock, and sadness was expressed by many on the Boneyard. We are competitors but we are not evil, and Pat Summitt will always be in the forefront of any historic conversation concerning WCBB.

VN Store

Back