Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Maybe if location isn’t important then her list of UCLA, Oregon , Arizona, Southern Cal . Don’t mean much to her ? 🤷‍♂️

Our latest recruits are from Texas , New Jersey , Alabama , and Kentucky! Regional depends on your definition? We have gotten recruits from Oregon lately !!!! But you got to admit…. All recruits don’t normally want to leave their home and go to college on the other side of the USA ? Just my opinion

So it is your opinion the Lady Vol's are a second tier program and cannot recruit nationally. Doomed to be a regional contender but nevermore to grasp the brass ring.

Kellie practically owns the state of Alabama grabbing the top highly ranked 2 players from the state in 1 recruiting cycle.....Karoline and Sara

Great, but Alabama isn't exactly a traditional hotbed of talent. Owning Georgia or Florida would be a lot better. Or as I've said before, if Kellie could just lock up her own state she could really set herself up for a great run...

Reactions: olddog
Great, but Alabama isn't exactly a traditional hotbed of talent. Owning Georgia or Florida would be a lot better. Or as I've said before, if Kellie could just lock up her own state she could really set herself up for a great run...
havent seen a highly ranked 2021 & 2022 in state recruits.2023 and 2024 is a different story

Reactions: PRG
So it is your opinion the Lady Vol's are a second tier program and cannot recruit nationally. Doomed to be a regional contender but nevermore to grasp the brass ring.

Nice try in putting words in my mouth ! If you TRULY want my opinion all you have to do is ask ? No trickery …. I stated my point was just my opinion about recruits leaving their warm ocean hometown and heading to the winters of Connecticut ? Everyone wants to Bragg about a UConn offer ! After this year and a winning record , I think we will be back in that vein again ! But if you suggest us to be only a SECOND TIER team recruiting only regionally ? Maybe our International recruit should go back to Spain ? 🤷‍♂️

If you want to carry on with this trivial banter?
Comment on Darth’s posts….. He enjoys arguing and challenging people’s intelligence to the point of annoyance! You might enjoy a conversation with someone who is like minded ?

But if you suggest us to be only a SECOND TIER team recruiting only regionally ? Maybe our International recruit should go back to Spain ? 🤷‍♂️

Not to mention Rae Burrell from Las Vegas, Keyen Green from Philly, Jessie Rennie from Australia, Kaiya Wynn from Texas, & Jordan Walker from Michigan.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

Dawn Staley is a scheduling fool along with being a recruiting fool. Now they will have games against Maryland, Stanford, and Connecticut on their own floor in front of their fans this season. Also in-state rival Clemson and Big-12 Challenger Kansas State. Not even counting what SEC opponents will show up in Columbia later, nor mentioning an away game with pre-season top 10 NC State, and a neutral-court game against pre-season top 10 Oregon (should they get past Oklahoma first, and SC gets past Buffalo).

They are front runners to lead the nation in average home-game attendance again for this season, to be sure......

And Stanford's own non-conf. slate is quite impressive as well. Think they go 0 for 2 on their SEC journeys before Christmas?

Nice try in putting words in my mouth ! If you TRULY want my opinion all you have to do is ask ? No trickery …. I stated my point was just my opinion about recruits leaving their warm ocean hometown and heading to the winters of Connecticut ? Everyone wants to Bragg about a UConn offer ! After this year and a winning record , I think we will be back in that vein again ! But if you suggest us to be only a SECOND TIER team recruiting only regionally ? Maybe our International recruit should go back to Spain ? 🤷‍♂️

If you want to carry on with this trivial banter?
Comment on Darth’s posts….. He enjoys arguing and challenging people’s intelligence to the point of annoyance! You might enjoy a conversation with someone who is like minded ?
Nah man. It's all good. I'm just having some fun with you during these dog days. I know your a fan but you have to admit you left yourself a little open in the original post. For the record. I did not suggest that LV's were a second tier program only that you saying she didin't consider LV's because of the distance from home alluded that you thought distance was an issue. (I really don't bother with Darth and find his posts an annoying distraction from more serious posts.)

Reactions: geew1992 and PRG
Nah man. It's all good. I'm just having some fun with you during these dog days. I know your a fan but you have to admit you left yourself a little open in the original post. For the record. I did not suggest that LV's were a second tier program only that you saying she didin't consider LV's because of the distance from home alluded that you thought distance was an issue. (I really don't bother with Darth and find his posts an annoying distraction from more serious posts.)

I have been following recruiting for many years now and even help with my local little league program every year with their draft from minors moving up to majors! When you ask most recruits going to college…. The two most common considerations are #1. Can my family come to watch me easily? (Distance) is important! #2. Playing time ( sooner rather than later)? If you are elite….. Championship and help me go pro ! Of course Education is in the mix but that depends on the players and usually family influences!

The most lately traveler was Mercedes and then Nared and Jordan ! But as Oregon got a stronger program the recruits stopped coming? Rae is our long distance player if you don’t count the international! But we have Justine coming and maybe she brings some others with her ? But bordering states are our major supporters. Alabama last year and Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, etc. This weekend will be interesting with a South Carolina recruit in the house !!!! I believe in Kellie and our other coaches are going to continue to improve recruiting! JMO

I have been following recruiting for many years now and even help with my local little league program every year with their draft from minors moving up to majors! When you ask most recruits going to college…. The two most common considerations are #1. Can my family come to watch me easily? (Distance) is important! #2. Playing time ( sooner rather than later)? If you are elite….. Championship and help me go pro ! Of course Education is in the mix but that depends on the players and usually family influences!

The most lately traveler was Mercedes and then Nared and Jordan ! But as Oregon got a stronger program the recruits stopped coming? Rae is our long distance player if you don’t count the international! But we have Justine coming and maybe she brings some others with her ? But bordering states are our major supporters. Alabama last year and Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, etc. This weekend will be interesting with a South Carolina recruit in the house !!!! I believe in Kellie and our other coaches are going to continue to improve recruiting! JMO

Just a note,,,I have seen Rae parents, Anne and JJ at more games than most...Mali (JH), Chris (Emily) and Tammy (TK) are also frequently there.

Random but i saw this post from the new Baylor coach... Brittney Griner's jersey number isn't retired?!? Maybe this space just isn't updated but i dunno... haven't seen @BUBear in awhile..

Random but i saw this post from the new Baylor coach... Brittney Griner's jersey number isn't retired?!? Maybe this space just isn't updated but i dunno... haven't seen @BUBear in awhile..

Do the women players get to vote on Guard McDreamy, Center Studly, Fast Forward, Winsome Wing, etc. to make up this "Dream Team"?

Last edited:

Brittney didn't finish her degree until the spring of 2019 and Baylor will not honor former students without degree in hand. Both parties want (and have been working on) retirement of her number during basketball season but Griner's international schedule is holding up the process. There's much more money to be made in Russia then there is to be made in the WNBA.

Was about to post what BUBear did. She did not graduate until a couple years ago. Cannot get retired unless you have a degree in hand. I’ll bet it happens this season as a PR thing for her and the new coach.

Brittney didn't finish her degree until the spring of 2019 and Baylor will not honor former students without degree in hand. Both parties want (and have been working on) retirement of her number during basketball season but Griner's international schedule is holding up the process. There's much more money to be made in Russia then there is to be made in the WNBA.

Makes sense. Plus with covid shutdown i guess it may have gotten delayed since then.

Was about to post what BUBear did. She did not graduate until a couple years ago. Cannot get retired unless you have a degree in hand. I’ll bet it happens this season as a PR thing for her and the new coach.
Would Griner come back if KM was still there? Not sure that is a warm relationship.

Reactions: sisaq
Speaking of stacked schedules, consider the gamecocks 2021-22 opponents. Not included are several SEC teams that will probably make the tournament.

#1 UConn once and maybe twice
#3 Stanford
#5 Maryland
#8 NC State
#10 Oregon probable
#14 UK twice
#18 UT
#22 A&M
#25 S. Dakota

Reactions: SCspur and mcannon1
E-oynSPWQAUM-ev
Good good pick up for Vandy

Speaking of stacked schedules, consider the gamecocks 2021-22 opponents. Not included are several SEC teams that will probably make the tournament.

#1 UConn once and maybe twice
#3 Stanford
#5 Maryland
#8 NC State
#10 Oregon probable
#14 UK twice
#18 UT
#22 A&M
#25 S. Dakota

Duke as well. Not sure if they’ll be a ranked team or not by then but they’re a worthy opponent.

VN Store

Back