Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

You don't think a team that finished in the top 20 is a challenge? Actually top 15 last season.

I see where PG1 is going with this i think ? If look back at the history between USF and UConn it`s been beat down city. The Huskies have blitzed USF a few times — a 61-point win in Jan. 2017 and a 56-point win later that year, to name two examples And the last time the played it was 79-38. Now with that being said maybe USF is a better team now then back when they played UConn ?

Reactions: VolBall09
Look our game is good but the rest of the SEC will blow their opponents out by 30-40 or more each game not much of a challenge correct?

Is this an actual challenge or is that just a hashtag they came up with? I haven’t seen anything about the cancellation of the Big12/SEC challenge

*women basketball

giphy.gif

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I see where PG1 is going with this i think ? If look back at the history between USF and UConn it`s been beat down city. The Huskies have blitzed USF a few times — a 61-point win in Jan. 2017 and a 56-point win later that year, to name two examples And the last time the played it was 79-38. Now with that being said maybe USF is a better team now then back when they played UConn ?
Anybody you can get to play you at your place that is a top 150 rpi team is a good game to sign. Most of the teams you can get to play you like that are over 200 rpi and USF will be far better than that. They are almost certain to win 15 to 18 games and that means a huge benefit to the team that schedules and can beat them. Wins by your opponents is a huge part of the rpi and net formula.

Anybody you can get to play you at your place that is a top 150 rpi team is a good game to sign. Most of the teams you can get to play you like that are over 200 rpi and USF will be far better than that. They are almost certain to win 15 to 18 games and that means a huge benefit to the team that schedules and can beat them. Wins by your opponents is a huge part of the rpi and net formula.
The NET algorithm bases a lot on game location. A home win is a lower classification than a neutral or visiting win. A close loss as a visitor is worth almost as much as a close home win.

Flower Mound 6-9 center Abbie Boutilier commits to Texas for basketball. The junior could be ready for a breakout year after coming off the bench last season. UT is coming off a trip to the Elite Eight. Class of 2023

Flower Mound 6-9 center Abbie Boutilier commits to Texas for basketball. The junior could be ready for a breakout year after coming off the bench last season. UT is coming off a trip to the Elite Eight. Class of 2023
6-9 center lol these girls are getting taller by the year

Reactions: djtee

I’ll be curious to see how the big girls do at Texas. Truly believe Johnnie Harris is the post whisperer. Now that she’s at Auburn I wonder if we’ll see the dominant post play Vic has enjoyed slide a bit. She really developed some nice players. Took some extremely raw talents like McCowan and made them legends.

Saw in the news that the men’s team lost. People are going to start to realize how far the NBA has deviated from actual basketball. They’re used to playing soft Lebron ball where the whistles control the physicality. Got their butts handed to them on the boards 44-28. Turns out those things still matter when you get down to the nitty gritty.

Saw in the news that the men’s team lost. People are going to start to realize how far the NBA has deviated from actual basketball. They’re used to playing soft Lebron ball where the whistles control the physicality. Got their butts handed to them on the boards 44-28. Turns out those things still matter when you get down to the nitty gritty.
The team they sent way below the talent that they could send. Many top players opted out and this team they sent is really weak on the inside game. When the three point shooters have a bad day like today they will lose. No gold medal and maybe no medal at all this time.

I like to see the NBA get their come-upance.

People are going to start to realize how far the NBA has deviated from actual basketball.

I like to see the NBA get their come-upance.

Y'all realize all five of France's starters have played or currently play in the NBA, including a couple of really good players in Evan Fournier and Rudy Gobert, right?

VN Store

Back