Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I wonder if the transfers from the program will be immediately eligible because of the Coach leaving. The eligibility was supposed to end on July 1st and you had to sit out, but him getting fired in the middle of summer may change it for Florida players.

I wonder if the transfers from the program will be immediately eligible because of the Coach leaving. The eligibility was supposed to end on July 1st and you had to sit out, but him getting fired in the middle of summer may change it for Florida players.

From what I understood when they made the rule change last season they should be eligible. If your coach is terminated or leaves during the summer you are granted full release if you choose and immediate eligibility. The SEC still had the rule in place about transfers within the conference but did away with that this summer.

Not at all shocked Florida is going a different direction. It just wasn’t making sense. He was trying to play DII basketball in the SEC with some very talented players. Just didn’t have it, Butler was a much better fit there and they were always tough to play.

Florida is a great school and has an excellent athletic department. Would not be shocked at all if they made a big hire. We say this every time lmao, but this job really does Jeff Walz written all over it. More than any other that’s come available that I can think of. Whoever they get, Im betting another pretty good P5 school is looking for a coach very soon.

From what I understood when they made the rule change last season they should be eligible. If your coach is terminated or leaves during the summer you are granted full release if you choose and immediate eligibility. The SEC still had the rule in place about transfers within the conference but did away with that this summer.

Not at all shocked Florida is going a different direction. It just wasn’t making sense. He was trying to play DII basketball in the SEC with some very talented players. Just didn’t have it, Butler was a much better fit there and they were always tough to play.

Florida is a great school and has an excellent athletic department. Would not be shocked at all if they made a big hire. We say this every time lmao, but this job really does Jeff Walz written all over it. More than any other that’s come available that I can think of. Whoever they get, Im betting another pretty good P5 school is looking for a coach very soon.

If Florida wanted to go after a big fish, they should have made this move March 15, not July 15. The move isn't surprising, but the timing is. It will be a lot more difficult to assemble a decent coaching staff this late in the game, and now that the transfer portal deadline has passed that coach won't be able to find immediate help on what will surely be a depleted roster. Florida really hamstrung themselves by waiting...

They may eventually hire Jeff Walz somewhere, however, i think Louisville is stuck with him for the time being lol!

‘Unbearable’ Cambage faces axe from Olympics over ‘multiple incidents’, Behavioural issues

Australian superstar Liz Cambage‘s Tokyo Olympic campaign is in doubt following multiple alleged incidents at the team’s Las Vegas camp.

It’s understood Cambage was involved in a physical altercation during a private scrimmage against Nigeria, which resulted in heated verbal abuse.

Aussie basketball great Chris Anstey said Friday Cambage can be “unbearable” to be around as a teammate.

‘Unbearable’ Cambage faces axe from Olympics over ‘multiple incidents’, behavioural issues

Liz Cambage might not be available for the Olympics.
Tokyo Olympics Liz Cambage Las Vegas incident

Sounds like she’s out for sure. Just a waste, I feel for her. But you cannot take your mental health struggles out on everyone else.

As lvocd mentioned, I have a feeling she’s really going to regret things like this later in life when she can’t play. She could be the truly be the most dominant player in the world but she can’t get out of her own head.

Reactions: lvocd
Florida has been playing the cheap game with a women's basketball coach. If they suddenly have decided to dish out big money will be a huge surprise.

Also, tweets and post have been related to NONbasketball reasons so i don’t even know if it was results related. They should of stuck with Amanda Butler. She had some top wins but just couldn’t get the SEC record up to par.

Sounds like she’s out for sure. Just a waste, I feel for her. But you cannot take your mental health struggles out on everyone else.

As lvocd mentioned, I have a feeling she’s really going to regret things like this later in life when she can’t play. She could be the truly be the most dominant player in the world but she can’t get out of her own head.

The thing is, she definitely makes valid points every time she takes a stand for something she believes in and feels needs to be addressed. It's just the way she presents her case. She's caustic and rude and has no filter, and if she could only have found a way to be honest and direct and passionate without seemingly trying to alienate everyone in her path, she really could have been one of the most influential figures in sports. She has a physical presence about her that makes people take notice, and her honesty is refreshing. But she needs a therapist to walk by her side day and night to keep her mouth from saying too much and in the wrong way for her own good. She has a good message, but no-one wants to hear it from her because she's just so darn rude.

There is something here more than wins and losses.
Yes, definitely because Florida was really improving. I hate to see this happen to Cam. I met him at an AAU tournament a couple years back and he’s actually a very nice guy and pretty knowledgeable about the game.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
We've been seeing some birdie tweets from Dawn. Any chance we sign some or all of these: Watkins, Risch, Barker and Cooper?

Risch is a 2023 recruit. Watkins, Barker, and Cooper seems like our top 3 for 2022, with Watkins likely being the silent verbal. We have space to take all 3 losing Henny, Saxton, and Grissett as well as our 2019 class being juniors I expect Dawn to try to land them all.

VN Store

Back