Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Okay... were you referring to Holly or Kellie because of course Mr Sunshine is using your post to bash Kellie.
If you were referring to Kellie then I think you should swear off taking any joy in The Lady Vol’s successes.
Holly lol

Who made the birdie tweets?

No one. The SC WBB account tweeted about normal recruiting procedures resuming on June 1st, and that they were excitedly looking forward to future birdies coming into their "nest", whenever that may be. They took their statement from Dawn Staley's practice of tweeting "birdies flew into the nest" whenever she got a commitment from a prospect. Except, Staley hasn't tweeted anything yet lately.

And Staley is in control of that practice. She has in the past made those tweets weeks and even months before the prospect she was referring to went public with her announcement. But she doesn't let the WBB program staff get the jump on her, and why should she? Those prospects commit to Staley, NOT to the WBB ath. department staff.

I have zero idea how SC fans took from the WBB acct. tweet that there are ANY "birdies" in the nest, much less that there were TWO of them. But as with most everything else, we have the luxury of finding out all truth in the end of things......

Last edited:
Don't know if this has been posted but Saniya Rivers is the 20-21 Gatorade National POTY.

N.C. HS girl wins nat'l Gatorade Player of Year

We're seeing tweets about two birdies. Cooper and Watkins?

6'6" Oldacre looks great and her stock is rising. She may be a 5* by summer's end.

There are no tweets from Dawn or anybody else in the program about two birdies. That rumor was started by a usually knowledgeable poster who read the deep murky depths of the tea leaves - and may have smoked some leaf as well. Here's how that poster describes his "logic" of reading a tweet from the program that merely said that normal recruiting has resumed.

" Lot of assumptions on my part. Birdies is plural. Two photos in the tweet. Cooper and Watkins have been long time players we desire. They have publicly been on campus and expressed strong interest at times for us. DS generally has a surprise, so who knows.:
"

Reactions: Poultrygeist
Vote | Thank You for Voting

If you got some extra time throw a few votes in for a baseball player Even Russell in close race with a kentucky player.
Up 12.1 percent starting to close in on having as much as the next two competitors. This one went a lot easier thus far than Rennia that was a battle. Looking really great here with three days to go.

MY ARGUEMENT it is dumb to say it didn’t happen. That’s it! I’m not saying they r wrong or bad what i am saying is it is stupid to say it didn’t happen when she has come out multiple times in multiple ways and said it did.

i never said that wasn’t their policy she didn’t know that what i was addressing with the poster is that they said ask Griner or her teammates and i provided links to wear she said she was asked to hide. THAT’S IT! Why lie ? that’s my point own the **** and keep it s .

we So the issue your stating about her choices that has nothing to do with what i was saying. I addressed what the poster said and that was it oh and the sexual assault part to say that just because someone said it didn’t happen didn’t mean it didn’t... but continue on with your tirade about her choices and consequences because I clearly understand that as it happened years ago my comprehension isn’t in question 🤣

PS i’m black so i get discrimination myself and have since the day i was born. This doesn’t come off in the shower so i’m good on you trying to tell me about being discriminated against. Thanks tho
🗣🗣🗣

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Exactly ain’t no New lady Vols! We the new SC! I feel like that’s disrespectful to both sides.

And besides that it’s disrespectful to Pat Summitt most of all. Maybe they were talking about comparison in terms of recruiting and success but in terms of overall impact but Tennessee’s impact changed the landscape of women’s basketball as a whole.

VN Store

Back