Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Your argument is weak. Brittney made her choices. We all live with the consequences related to our choices every single day.

Hundreds of other more liberal universities would have had her. She CHOSE to attend a PRIVATE, BAPTIST college.

If she was expecting them to roll out the rainbow carpet when she arrived she was only fooling herself.

As a private institution they can maintain policies that align with their views. They are a religious institution. If you are a lesbian and wish to live and open lesbian life you should NOT attend a university like Baylor. The policies at these schools are discussed point blank at Freshman orientation. She knew what she was getting into and proceeded anyway.

I am a gay man and have experienced discrimination during my lifetime. It is never OK. That being said, I do not intentionally put myself in situations where I am likely to be discriminated against. Knowing what I know about myself I would never have chosen a school like Baylor, Pepperdine, Oral Roberts etc.

Those institutions have their place and serve a role in the education system. Just because the belief system they are based on does not agree with your political views does not make them wrong, or bad.
Knowing what you know about yourself now. As in you are an adult with hopefully a better understanding of self than when you were 18. You can’t judge 18 year old’s decisions through the eyes of a 30ty or 40ty something. Times have changed even since BG was a student. Plus, you don’t have any idea what her family thought of her orientation at that time.

Knowing what you know about yourself now. As in you are an adult with hopefully a better understanding of self than when you were 18. You can’t judge 18 year old’s decisions through the eyes of a 30ty or 40ty something. Times have changed even since BG was a student. Plus, you don’t have any idea what her family thought of her orientation at that time.

As usual you don’t make much sense to me. I was referencing what I knew about myself when I was her age, making the same decision.

As usual you don’t make much sense to me. I was referencing what I knew about myself when I was her age, making the same decision.
I will try and use little words for you.
Way to go that at 18 you knew you would be sad at a school that did not like you. Not all 18 year olds are that grown up. Maybe BG did not understand that a school like Baylor would not be a great match. Maybe she had not told her parents she was gay. Maybe her parents thought going to Baylor would “cure” her.
My main point is she does not deserve your criticism because you have no dam idea where she was with understanding her own sexuality when she made that decision.
Is that clear? You must be a Log Cabin member.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I will try and use little words for you.
Way to go that at 18 you knew you would be sad at a school that did not like you. Not all 18 year olds are that grown up. Maybe BG did not understand that a school like Baylor would not be a great match. Maybe she had not told her parents she was gay. Maybe her parents thought going to Baylor would “cure” her.
My main point is she does not deserve your criticism because you have no dam idea where she was with understanding her own sexuality when she made that decision.
Is that clear? You must be a Log Cabin member.

Smaller words please.

Strange year when 3 different players win, Naismith, Gatorade, and Wotton POY. Interesting.
No disrespect to Saniya or Raven, but I think that Azzi Fudd would have swept the awards if she played the full season. Regardless, Dawn has to feel mighty good about the talent she has coming in next season. I'm curious to see what kind of role Rivers carves for herself on the team, and if she can reliably become the two-way player that SC needs at the wing.

No disrespect to Saniya or Raven, but I think that Azzi Fudd would have swept the awards if she played the full season. Regardless, Dawn has to feel mighty good about the talent she has coming in next season. I'm curious to see what kind of role Rivers carves for herself on the team, and if she can reliably become the two-way player that SC needs at the wing.

LOL, now why did you have to go and say that 🤣

Duke is done. No way Jon keeps them relevant.

Sean McManus of CBS is still ahem, influencing most likely and US Basketball may also continue under the impartial tutelage of managing director Grant Hill😉. Unclear if Nike will be hands off now.

Sean McManus of CBS is still ahem, influencing most likely and US Basketball may also continue under the impartial tutelage of managing director Grant Hill😉. Unclear if Nike will be hands off now.
I have to think that a lot of the appeal of playing for Duke was due to Coach K., and that's not replaced by Scheyer. No USA basketball/Olympics coaching, etc. The agents/apparel sleazeballs will probably look at other schools to wheel and deal.

tumblr_ovo7ybkJUd1w8qokno1_500.gifv

Reactions: creekdipper

VN Store

Back