Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

SOB. This would have been the PERFECT hire for our coaching vacancy. Instead, yet another rival just got significantly stronger...

Nothing will never be enough to ppl like u...Respectfully.. Lady vols could have Geno u still find a way to complain. I've had staff members who constantly complained no matter what administrators does to please them, they still complain. I think is a mental health issue.

Last edited:
Think the "lifetime assistant" reference was Holly, not Kellie...
I think the reference was to Kellie since they tie in a supposed inability to use UT perks to recruit. But also say at least Holly could recruit. I understand the confusion. I thought the same thing as you then reread. I could, however, still be wrong.

Would it not be worse if she was offered and turned you down?
No, because any coach has a right to turn down any offer. Tennessee isn't for everybody. Being an assistant to a Head Coach in her second year of experience or one with 10 plus years could also play a factor. Who's likely to be let go and have Gail G as an interim coach? Tennessee or Kentucky?

Reactions: krichunaka
Not true. I liked the Samantha Williams hire, and said so.

That said, name one realistic candidate for assistant coach with a more impressive resume than GG. I'll hang up and listen...
There’s resume and then there are needs. We NEED an up and coming YOUNG assistant coach who can relate to the players. Liked GG but she is not what we need. We have 3 middle aged coaches. Don’t need a senior citizen😳 (like me)

There’s resume and then there are needs. We NEED an up and coming YOUNG assistant coach who can relate to the players. Liked GG but she is not what we need. We have 3 middle aged coaches. Don’t need a senior citizen😳 (like me)
I have a hard time considering Kellie and Samantha middle age, since I remember watching them during their playing days. Then I looked at the "year" on a calendar and became very sad...

Not true. I liked the Samantha Williams hire, and said so.

That said, name one realistic candidate for assistant coach with a more impressive resume than GG. I'll hang up and listen...

While I agree it's a great hire for UK, I don't think she would come here to be an assistant behind hubby and Samantha Williams. I would say she's probably going to be their recruiting coordinator at UK, which we already have here in Williams.

I thought of Goestenkers when our two assistant spots opened up. Would be great to have her offensive mind in the mix. But I also thought that perhaps they wanted to go with a younger hire. I could also see Gail leaving for a head opening unless she's decided that she'd prefer the less stressful mentoring role.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I have a hard time considering Kellie and Samantha middle age, since I remember watching them during their playing days. Then I looked at the "year" on a calendar and became very sad...
Hah!!! Imagine my shock going to UT football games and wondering why UT was enrolling 14 year olds!

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I think the reference was to Kellie since they tie in a supposed inability to use UT perks to recruit. But also say at least Holly could recruit. I understand the confusion. I thought the same thing as you then reread. I could, however, still be wrong.

Talking about Kellie is unable to use the “perks”. Holly could but wasn’t a good coach.

Reactions: sisaq
This is getting interesting ! A lot of basketball minds in the SECView attachment 364454

This may be a bad idea on Elzy’s part IMO. Love both her and GG but don’t see this working well. Kyra is just barely getting her feet wet head coaching. Adding a legendary head coach to her staff she may have just undermined herself.

Did she just hire her replacement? If they have a tough season, which I think they might, she may very well have done so.

Last edited:
This was a made idea on Elzy’s part IMO. Love both her and GG but don’t see this working well. Kyra is just barely getting her feet wet head coaching. Adding a legendary head coach to her staff she may have just undermined herself.

Did she just hire her replacement? If they have a tough season, which I think they might, she may very well have done so.

If they play like last yr she's done lol

SOB. This would have been the PERFECT hire for our coaching vacancy. Instead, yet another rival just got significantly stronger...
If Kellie hired her you would be saying she bombed in her last job, was over the hill, washed up, and too old to relate to young recruits. Right?

VN Store

Back