Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

how does a former player (graduated from Oregon in 2020) immediately become an Ast. Coach?

It happens often, especially at smaller programs. There are a lot of coaching jobs out there in all divisions. You can essentially have a job lined up before you graduate. The jobs are there, it's whether the coach is willing to take a chance on you when you're that soon removed from college yourself is the question.

how does a former player (graduated from Oregon in 2020) immediately become an Ast. Coach?

I'd argue that it's actually a pretty smart hire. He brought Lopez from Oregon down with him, but bringing in Moore gives him someone who is young, a black woman, from Sacramento, and who played in a big time program to connect with recruits. She'll be learning most things on the job, but beyond that, I think she will bring more pros than cons to the position.

I only believe it when it has happened. Because if LSU is willing to paying 2.3 million now why did they take mediocrity for 10 years because they didn't want to pay anyone and kept the same coach. They would be taking a big hit on the athletic budget with little return. Seems just strange that suddenly LSU is willing to throw that much money into women's basketball.

If so, Kellie's job is about to get even harder...
No it hasn't the Big 12 isn't the SEC. Kim wont be able to schedule a weak non conference to help her run through her conference play. Aint no easy games in the SEC. She's has had a habit of only creating a tough non-conference schedule when her team is loaded.

I only believe it when it has happened. Because if LSU is willing to paying 2.3 million now why did they take mediocrity for 10 years because they didn't want to pay anyone and kept the same coach. They would be taking a big hit on the athletic budget with little return. Seems just strange that suddenly LSU is willing to throw that much money into women's basketball.
I agree

screenshot_2021-04-23-11-28-34-686-jpg.67038

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back