Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

That's why I wouldn't put Tara on retirement watch yet unless she wants to hand off a title contender to Kate Paye. Id say they are a good bet to at least make the Final Four the next 2 years.

Is she bringing in a PG? Her SR had an awful game yesterday which almost cost them the championship.

Reactions: volnationnj
Is she bringing in a PG? Her SR had an awful game yesterday which almost cost them the championship.

At the end of the game I was thinking there’s nobody in the country more relieved to have won that game than Kiana Williams. She played so poorly yesterday that if they’d lost she’d have been haunted by it, and blaming herself for it, for the rest of her life. I’m happy for her that didn’t happen because she’s been such a strong player for most of her career. Yesterday? Not so much.

So why was Jones handling the ball so much in the backcourt and at point. She was getting exposed, but Arizona was putting on the pressure.

So why was Jones handling the ball so much in the backcourt and at point. She was getting exposed, but Arizona was putting on the pressure.

Kiana Williams was totally out of it. Paralyzed by nerves all game. Every time she had the ball she turned it over. Tara had to start having Jones bring it up because Kiana’s decision making was totally MIA.

I think the moment just got to her. She was a senior playing for a natty in her hometown in front of all her friends and family. She just put too much pressure on herself. Wasn’t playing free and loose like she has been.

White is gone

This was a good decision. New coaches will have a huge opportunity this season to build a team out of the portal. Some of their players in the portal may opt to return.

Wondering if there wasn’t going to be a total exodus forcing the ADs hands. If she lost all her players it was going to be over anyway. Word is out and people were not going to be jumping over one another to play for her.

It was due. She was a disaster as a coach. Hard to believe she was a WNBA championship coach...

I knew it wasn’t going to work when she spent her first entire season complaining about how much “other stuff” the college players had to do. Like classes, homework, studying....

You accepted the job a Vanderbilt. One of the top academic universities in the nation. What did you expect?

To think I was actually worried when White and Peck were first hired. Afraid the 'dores were about to become competitive again. Looked good on paper. Peck looks like a genius for headed for the liferaft when she did.

The rich are getting richer...
And the Lady Vols are . . . ?

So I've about worn out my no news is good news capabilities. I am glad of no more news regarding outbound, and I know KJH plays recruiting close to the vest but should we be hearing something regarding incoming traffic, other than who assistant coaches follow or unfollow? Seems like alot of the good ones are getting snapped up. I was hoping for the Vandy point guard, or the Alabama PG would be awesome.

I'm assuming any player who wants to land on a good team would have put themselves out there by now as well. So are we nearing an end to the madness? It's not going to end well for alot of transfers-to-be. The dynamic of returning to the old team is going to be very interesting.

Pretty sure I know the answer, but would failure to get an impact transfer be offset by KJH being able to retain her whole team, minus Salary? That would be an accomplishment in this current environment.

Ready for KJH to pull the rabbit out of the hat any time now . . .

Well, I guess we can pencil in NCState for the top 8 preseason rankings.

Word is that they are also getting Diamond Johnson and Madison Hayes. The rich are getting richer...
Not sure why Diamond Johnson would go here with Perez coming back . Must be one hell of a pitch , i heard they are in on Johnson but nothing saying they are front runners or shes in stone.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Not sure why Diamond Johnson would go here with Perez coming back . Must be one hell of a pitch , i heard they are in on Johnson but nothing saying they are front runners or shes in stone.
Diamond is a better player. If she does end up at NCState, I don't think she's afraid of the competition.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back