Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I admire Stanford's coach. After the game I just think that she is relieved they won. However, her demeanor shows that she knows that they were fortunate to pull it out. She doesn't look just that happy. However, she is old school and expects a lot from her team. Congrats Stanford!
It’s her first title in 29 years. Almost like she forgot what it feels like...

Well, at least no head coach made the title game with her spouse on her bench, and no team won the title with 21 turnovers.

The Pac 12 is going to a problem for years with Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Arizona, and UCLA.....best conference right now and it's not close

Its unfortunate their tv deal is what it is. ESPN serves up the ACC-SEC hype all year long and a lot of people buy into it. I think Oregon would have won it last year if not for the postponement.

Its unfortunate their tv deal is what it is. ESPN serves up the ACC-SEC hype all year long and a lot of people buy into it. I think Oregon would have won it last year if not for the postponement.

Yep Oregon would have won without a doubt....I'm just glad my cable provider has the PAC 12 channels and I'm able to watch

Reactions: jonson
Evina Westbrook’s Instagram post portrays she is returning back to play next season.

Knowing her minutes will be reduced. Knowing she would be a top ten pick. Knowing players are transferring everywhere. Knowing her knee will limit her pro career. She decided to come back. I am truly surprised and happy. Evidently UConn means something to her.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Knowing her minutes will be reduced. Knowing she would be a top ten pick. Knowing players are transferring everywhere. Knowing her knee will limit her pro career. She decided to come back. I am truly surprised and happy. Evidently UConn means something to her.

Or it means that she's desperate for attention.

Glad to see she's coming back, as that indicates another season ending in Connecticut frustration.

I think Aubrey Griffin hits the portal
I wouldn't be surprised if it's her, Mir McLean and/or Poffenberger. If UConn starts a double post, it will be Edwards and ONO. Then you have DeBerry at 6'5 off the bench. There's also much better skilled options at the 3. I just don't see much playing time opportunity for these three, unless Saylor ends up outplaying her clone Ducharme.

Well Tara tried her best to VanDerveer that title game away, but Arizona wouldn't take it.

Congrats to Stanford on ending their near three-decade title drought...
Hah! Wondered if you would crawl out to snark about Tara and her March record. Just remember everyone of her players will go on to success in whatever their chosen field. Doubt we can say the same for you.

Very tight finish! All the seniors were super tight down the stretch for both teams. A ton of emotion.

Really excited for Stanford. They played through a lot of adversity this season and really came together. They were a fun team to watch all season. Wild that Tara wins another Championship almost 30 years later.

Stanford will be a problem for the next several years. They have lots of very talented young players
and they all play within system.

That's why I wouldn't put Tara on retirement watch yet unless she wants to hand off a title contender to Kate Paye. Id say they are a good bet to at least make the Final Four the next 2 years.

VN Store

Back