Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I don't know how many times this needs repeating. No one gives a s*** how you, or NeedOrange, or the Boneyard, or Renee Montgomery or whoever else's testimony you want to keep parading out here to justify it. EVERYONE, except apparently those with blue and white blinders on, could clearly see an obvious foul. It was the NATIONAL story the following day and seriously marred what should have been an instant classic. If that triggers you, GTFO and go whine about it on the Boneyard...

Darth, I think the point the other side is making is that the refs told both teams before the game they would allow a very physical game. This gave Baylor a big advantage because they are more physical and mauled the other side a lot. They were killing Beckers and tripping others, so it would have been crazy to have called a foul at the end. I remember a few championship games where teams lost in the last play that was fouled. Was it fair, no but by that standard the entire game was not fair. I'm sure they played again, it would be another close game going to either. They were that closely matched.

One thing that keeps getting left out of the conversation (and most news articles) is the quote from Luigi saying that he would have been complaining if the call at the end of the game had gone against Conn.

"If they would have called that a foul, I would have been on the other end going, 'You can't make that call!' "

Just the facts for those saying Mulkey and her players and their fans are "whiners" and "sore losers."

I agree with a lot of Luigi's comments such as that many calls get missed throughout any game for and against both teams, that complaining won't change the outcome (which is what Mulkey said), that he doesn't need to apologize for winning (i.e., being the recipient of the no-call in their favor), and that "it's the nature of sports."

But all that can be true yet it still be disingenuous to ignore the fact that game-ending calls are always the ones remembered in sports in any sporting event. It's not the holding or charge or tag or interference or foul in the first quarter...it's the call in the final minutes (or seconds) with the game on the line that is regarded as crucial. That's "the nature of sports," too...and "it is what it is."

And everyone knows that if the shoe were on the other foot, Luigi, his players, and his fans would be livid. So would any team in that situation. Luigi's sarcastic comments and smirks don't help the matter, though, and just make it look like he's enjoying it the controversy...since it benefitted him.

Last edited:
I don't know how many times this needs repeating. No one gives a s*** how you, or NeedOrange, or the Boneyard, or Renee Montgomery or whoever else's testimony you want to keep parading out here to justify it. EVERYONE, except apparently those with blue and white blinders on, could clearly see an obvious foul. It was the NATIONAL story the following day and seriously marred what should have been an instant classic. If that triggers you, GTFO and go whine about it on the Boneyard...

Geno replied to LeBron James saying something along the lines of would you give back a win if you felt like you fouled someone lol one things for sure Lebron's daughter isnt going to UConn

Reactions: sisaq
Will Westbrook, Williams and Ono from UConn come back next year? Will any of the players seeing little playing time transfer?

So is South Carolina and Stanford the only 2 teams that are close to even with UConn on talent next year?

In the Zoom call with Brenda Frese for her COY award, she mentioned that all of her starters are returning.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Will Westbrook, Williams and Ono from UConn come back next year? Will any of the players seeing little playing time transfer?

So is South Carolina and Stanford the only 2 teams that are close to even with UConn on talent next year?

Williams and Ono are juniors. The only way they leave is if they transfer

Since you mention it a lot of Vol and Uconn fans have tried to put an asterisk next to SC's 2017 title.
Dumb to put an asterisk next to SC's 2017 title just because UConn didn't make the final. I think only gule has been peddling that nonsense.

Also dumb to put one next to UConn 2021 if they win just because the refs missed a foul at the end of the E8 game.

Reactions: 1reVOLver

That was not the only foul and why don't you comment on some of Baylor's fouls that went uncalled? I know it was a foul but it was not called. I won't use the childish words you used but I still say your comments are biased and ridiculous. Why not bring up the Baylor fouls that were not called? I'm done with it.

Reactions: Winston Smith
Also dumb to put one next to UConn 2021 if they win just because the refs missed a foul at the end of the E8 game.

What about an asterisk for being a bunch of ESPN media darling special sunshine celebrities who only know how to say four letters (U, C, O, and N) and have bad breath and poopy pants and who double dip their tortilla chips in the salsa and stuff? I feel like they deserve an asterisk for that. A bit fat one. With bold letters. "Generally annoying." Maybe a sub-header too. "Not worth inviting to parties." Yep. Big asterisk.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
That was not the only foul and why don't you comment on some of Baylor's fouls that went uncalled? I know it was a foul but it was not called. I won't use the childish words you used but I still say your comments are biased and ridiculous. Why not bring up the Baylor fouls that were not called? I'm done with it.
Point of fact is that there were other Uconn fouls as well. Lots of fouls on both sides not called. You just happened to benefit from the last one not called and get the criticism that goes with it. If you had left no doubt as Geno preaches there would be no controversy now. Deal with it.

Much bigger than the non called foul was the injury to Richards. I don't think there would've been a need to call a foul if she hadn't gotten injured. She was doing a terrific job running the team and that fell apart when she went out.
I know this is speculation, Volfan2012, but I believe Baylor would have won this game by 5 or 6 points if Richards had not suffered the hamstring injury.

Much bigger than the non called foul was the injury to Richards. I don't think there would've been a need to call a foul if she hadn't gotten injured. She was doing a terrific job running the team and that fell apart when she went out.

Defensively she was playing screens perfectly too. Soon as she went out Bueckers scored 10 straight on the pick and roll. Andrews as a freshman wasn’t quite ready.

VN Store

Back