Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Auburn and ....

My bet

Harris to Auburn (could be a great fit there)

Langley to Wisconsin, no info just a guess based on timing. That job opened on the 9th.

The other P5 openings are Washington and Oklahoma. Washington job didn’t open up until the 15th so would be shocked if they have interviewed enough people to have a decision. Really think Coale was angling toward having her son take over. Whether they hire him or not remains to be seen though. Looked like she had him take over coaching duties toward the end of the season. I think it will go over like a lead balloon if they hire him. Haven’t seen nepotism in coaching work out well...ever. TS is proof enough.

I know that hindsight is 20-20 and that Nikki McCray Penson looked good on paper, but I wonder if MSST is kicking themselves that they didn't promote Johnnie Harris to HC when they had the chance.

Reactions: VolBall09
She is staying at State
If she does, then Nikki will have a fighting chance to turn things around next season. Still needs post players. She's got Carter (if she stays), and that's it. And she's not exactly a true 5 either.

I read that Xaria didn't transfer, but was kicked off the team. She's no longer listed on the roster, but JaMya is still there. Surprising, since she didn't seem like a problem child.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
If she does, then Nikki will have a fighting chance to turn things around next season. Still needs post players. She's got Carter (if she stays), and that's it. And she's not exactly a true 5 either.

I read that Xaria didn't transfer, but was kicked off the team. She's no longer listed on the roster, but JaMya is still there. Surprising, since she didn't seem like a problem child.

Carter needs to stay she was a big disappointment on the offensive end and the defensive end and Landers was correct when he said it. She was also out of shape this season to.

Reactions: Amb3096
Carter needs to stay she was a big disappointment on the offensive end and the defensive end and Landers was correct when he said it. She was also out of shape this season to.
She needs an offensive move other than that fade away brick jumper. Otherwise she wasn't half bad on offense. Defensively, one would expect more from a 6'5 player. Shorter players could drive on her all day.

Harris may should have been the coach to hire at MSU, we will never know. NMP was a disaster this year and there isn't any other way to sugar coat it. This doesn't mean she won't pull things together to get them back to respectable but it's disappointing to know that everything we built for the past few years is completely gone.

Harris may should have been the coach to hire at MSU, we will never know. NMP was a disaster this year and there isn't any other way to sugar coat it. This doesn't mean she won't pull things together to get them back to respectable but it's disappointing to know that everything we built for the past few years is completely gone.

‘Don’t give up on Nikki. She can recruit. She’s been recruiting in the SEC footprint for over a decade. SC has a TON of top ranked talent coming through in the next few years. Dawn’s main competition for many of them is NMP. What you have built isn’t completely gone. Players know where MSU is and their rep in WBB. She just has to be given a chance. This was a tough year and the competition in the SEC was fierce. All it took was a couple of setbacks, things not to go as planned, and it gave your players an excuse to not buy in to what she wanted and it tanked the season. It may not work out but as A&M and Maryland have shown - the transfer portal is a viable way to rebuild a team.

It’s not just the players leaving Miss. State ......

“ Austin Peay has hired Brittany Young as women’s coach. Young arrives in Clarksville after a season as an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator at Mississippi State . “

Talking about deserting a sinking ship ! 😱

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back