Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Danae McNeal (6-0 SO guard, Swansea, SC) has entered her name into the transfer portal, out of Clemson WBB; she was ranked in the top 50 in the 2019 recruiting class

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
If they are seeded 1 and 2 they can only meet in the finals.
Anyone who wins a regional bracket can meet any other winner in either the semis or final. It depends upon the bracket alignment. Seeding (which will be on an 'S' curve for the first time) doesn't factor in once you reach the final 4.

Anyone who wins a regional bracket can meet any other winner in either the semis or final. It depends upon the bracket alignment. Seeding (which will be on an 'S' curve for the first time) doesn't factor in once you reach the final 4.
really? I did not know that. Thanks.

That's not accurate. The #1 and #2 overall seeds are always placed on opposite sides of the draw, so that they can only meet in the championship game.

or Chelsea Dungee, LOL!
Auriemma is one of the best ever at making adjustments. He is really, really good at making sure that his team isn't burned twice in a season by the same player. This year Seton Hall's top scorer Park Lane (18.1 ppg) scored 29 against UConn in their first meeting. She had 5 points in their second. St John's highest scorer Leilani Correa (19.8 ppg) scored 33 points in their first game and only 2 last night. Dungee had 37 against UConn but if they played again I don't think that would happen.

Fun fact - UConn's high school player outscored Correa last night.

Reactions: Rixxx
42 of 110 at Clemson for two seasons. 0 for 5 from the three and 58 percent at the line. Looks like her rating was a mistake.

Her rating could have been a mistake i don`t know to much about her never saw her play in HS. Just saw a few clips she is talented has good size that`s all i know about her. As for Clemson there not a good team and butler is not a good coach. It looks good for her early on with all the cupcakes. I`m not even sure why she picked Clemson maybe she wanted to play right away. But i did notice Dawn offered her.

Auriemma is one of the best ever at making adjustments. He is really, really good at making sure that his team isn't burned twice in a season by the same player. This year Seton Hall's top scorer Park Lane (18.1 ppg) scored 29 against UConn in their first meeting. She had 5 points in their second. St John's highest scorer Leilani Correa (19.8 ppg) scored 33 points in their first game and only 2 last night. Dungee had 37 against UConn but if they played again I don't think that would happen.

Fun fact - UConn's high school player outscored Correa last night.

Conn might very well come up with a scheme to limit Dungee, but using the two teams above might need a grain or two of salt.

Both St. Johns and Seton Hall only play two ranked opponents (Conn and DePaul) this season. Despite this, Seton Hall is 10-6 and St. John's is 6-12. Seton Hall had to go into overtime today to beat a 1-12 Georgetown team.

Seton Hall actually did better their 2nd game against Conn; they only lost by 21 instead of 27...so the "adjustments" seemed to have little overall effect. It is true that St. John's "only" lost by 32 their first game against Conn vs. the 45-point differential in the 2nd game, so the adjustments undoubtedly secured the victory.;)

The upshot is that Arkansas likely has more scoring options than St. Johns or Seton and would require more adjustments than simply trying to stop Dungee.

Last edited:
That's not accurate. The #1 and #2 overall seeds are always placed on opposite sides of the draw, so that they can only meet in the championship game.
The post I was responding too stated that the only way they would meet again would be if they were ranked 1 and 2. You’re correct in that the only place a 1 and 2 can meet is in the final. The point I was making was that any seeded team can play any other seeded team if they both keep winning. They will meet somewhere in the bracket. It’s not carved in stone that 1 and 2 have to play in the finals

Indiana beat Michigan today to take 2nd in the Big Ten. Another plus for the LV profile. Beating UK SC Indiana and close losses to UCONN UGA Texas AM and West Virginia all top 16 teams. Take care of UGA and UT just might can sneak up to the 2 line!!

Indiana is a tough team. Their coach seems similar to Kellie in some ways. They recently lost one of their better, veteran perimeter players in Jaelynn Penn when she decided to sit out the rest of the season.

Penn had been playing well averaging ~30 minutes and 10 points ppg. They haven’t missed a beat, just got the next man up ready to go and kept rolling.

I don't know the answer assume it is weather don't think it is covid.

Just checked their website. They did say it was travel issues for LSU. Tried to move it to today but I guess they still can’t make it. UK website says it’s postponed but no makeup date has been set. ESPN app just says cancelled.

Villanova hit 16 3's at the half😳 vs Butler. Wonder what the women's record is for a game(or half)? 67 points at half. Butler plays UCONN soon....easy money picking the point spread on that one for those that do.

(Division I)
Points in a Half
94—UConn (140) vs. Saint Francis (PA) (52),
March 17, 2018

Last edited:
Anyone else find these PAC-12 games with the piped in noise hard to watch? It’s maddening to me for some reason. I can’t imagine having to sit in there for hours.

VN Store

Back