Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

The answer seems obvious but
I have to ask. Since I posted this morning about LV fans obsessing over uconn, am I included in the "trolls" who are "laughable" ?

Of course not. I agree with your post. I was laughing about one of the UConn trolls who took exception to your post.

Last edited:
SC vs MD today….predictions on score? I know MD is a high scoring team, but I think it will be a game something like 75-65 SC

THEN Westbrook left, Geno renewed trash talking and throwing tantrums because he didn't get his way of Evina not being immediately, etc.

Help me out here. We all remember Auriemma's hissy fit because TN chose to remain neutral rather than actively advocati g for immediate eligibility for Westbrook. If their appeal had been granted, would she have used up her eligibility before this year? Or would they have red-shirted her anyway when they discovered the extent of her injury?

Just trying to determine if the year she sat out has actually turned out to be a great benefit for UCONN. Without her, UCLA chalks up the win and CONN has two straight losses to unranked teams (unless they had signed a guard of equivalent talent/experience to replace her).

Looks to me like some of the NET ranking formula is based on how bad you beat down a team no matter what team. The Tennessee men's team jumped all the way to number 7 in the NET Rankings after winning by 40 over UNCG yesterday. If we win big today will see how it affects the Lady Vols currently ranked 15th in the NET Rankings and number 2 in the RPI with a SOS of 7. Trying to make sense of the NET Ranking and what criteria they are using.

Good advice. One game at a time. Survive and advance. Don't overlook anyone. Deepen the bench with experience.

Excellent strategy!!! Thanks!
We should have dropped average P5 teams like Kansas and Oklahoma St and played Memphis and MTSU so we could claim the TN State Championship yet CKH knows MTSU is one in
State team we need to stay away from.

Looks to me like some of the NET ranking formula is based on how bad you beat down a team no matter what team. The Tennessee men's team jumped all the way to number 7 in the NET Rankings after winning by 40 over UNCG yesterday. If we win big today will see how it affects the Lady Vols currently ranked 15th in the NET Rankings and number 2 in the RPI with a SOS of 7. Trying to make sense of the NET Ranking and what criteria they are using.
How CKH chooses to use her bench to derive an indication of how the NET results are affected will also be telling.

I've only seen a few minutes of the game, but I have a feeling Kentucky won't be able to pull off the upset in Louisville. They have some momentum right now, down only two, but I don't have much confidence in them being strong down the stretch.

MD is game ready, they are good obviously..good game. Well coached team. MD is a great offensive execution team…SC has their hands full today, gonna be a close game likely.
That’s college ball these days.. USF overcame huge deficit today, great BB watching. SC needs to be careful, MD hanging

Last edited:

VN Store

Back