Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

While we though the SEC was down this year we have 5 of the top 20:

SC #1
TN #11
Kentucky #16
A&M #17
UGA #20

Still could get 6 potentially 7 into the tourney
SEC been playing far better than expected. Vandy only lost by two to Arizona and they are suspected along with Auburn as the weakest SEC teams. The Pac 12 has fared worse than the SEC in the post conference games.

SEC been playing far better than expected. Vandy only lost by two to Arizona and they are suspected along with Auburn as the weakest SEC teams. The Pac 12 has fared worse than the SEC in the post conference games.

I do truly wonder how much COVID protocols are playing a role. I’m so curious, wish someone would do some actual investigative reporting lol.

Feel like the PAC-12 teams are still dealing with more restrictions and likely aren’t able to practice quite so normally. Whereas SEC schools in more conservative states are essentially back to normal.

“Starting point guard Destanni Henderson did not play after halftime and could be seen wearing a sleeve on her left leg after the game. Head coach Dawn Staley said after the game Henderson was being checked out by trainers but that she was in good spirits.”

Anyone who watched the game know what happen to Henny?

Last edited:
“Starting point guard Destanni Henderson did not play after halftime and could be seen wearing a sleeve on her left leg after the game. Head coach Dawn Staley said after the game Henderson was being checked out by trainers but that she was in good spirits.”

Anyone who watched the game know what to Henny?
Apparently she aggravated a thigh muscle.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

Anyone who watched the game know what happen to Henny?
Destanni looked fine on the bench and they had a big lead. Gave Dawn the opportunity to try out different players at PG. Rivers, Amihere and Russell all took turns running the offense. Rivers has crazy ball handling skills and is so smooth. She's like Diamond DeShields. She's gonna be really good when she stops making stupid freshman mistakes. Amihere was also a surprisingly effective PG. That's gotta be intimidating for opposing PGs when they are being checked by a 6'4-6'5 player that is as fast as they are.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Destanni looked fine on the bench and they had a big lead. Gave Dawn the opportunity to try out different players at PG. Rivers, Amihere and Russell all took turns running the offense. Rivers has crazy ball handling skills and is so smooth. She's like Diamond DeShields. She's gonna be really good when she stops making stupid freshman mistakes. Amihere was also a surprisingly effective PG. That's gotta be intimidating for opposing PGs when they are being checked by a 6'4-6'5 player that is as fast as they are.

Jersey Wolfenbarger's development in college is one of the things I'm excited to watch over the next few years for the same reasons. It's one thing to be 6'5" and play 3 in the W, but working that in college ball is going to be fun to see.

Jersey Wolfenbarger's development in college is one of the things I'm excited to watch over the next few years for the same reasons. It's one thing to be 6'5" and play 3 in the W, but working that in college ball is going to be fun to see.
I've only seen Jersey play in 1 game...Arkansas' most recent outing...but I'm also excited to see her develop, especially given how good her court vision is. She was my pick for NFOY/SECFOY at the start of the season.

Look at UC Davis' roster. A Bunch of Redshirts Junior and Seniors. That is how these mid-majors are this year. Much tougher to beat mid-majors this year than in years past. Oregon State Struggled today too against Pacific.

Oregon State just doesn’t look that good to me to be honest. They are huge, but slow and play with no passion. They’re loaded with size with two 6’9” players and several 6’4”-6’6” players but play small on defense and they all seem to want to skirt around the perimeter and shoot jumpers.

A freshman from Pacific dropped 31 on them.

With all the roster attrition, taking down OSU was surprising to me.

They picked up a really nice team in the portal, starting to get some reps and play better together. If they could get just a little more from Styles they would be in business. She’s in much better shape than she was at Maryland but her production is pretty lean.

I’m not ever very impressed with Kevin McGuff teams. He seems like a super jerk (beside the point) and for some reason his teams almost always get ranked but he doesn’t really ever make a post season push. They were talented when they had Mitchell because she was a super scorer and impossible to guard.

Thought it was really improper they hired her father to coach so she would go there. Should be against recruiting rules. Unless they are a long term hire it’s just cheating.

They were a WNIT team two season ago, ineligible for post season play due to issues last season and lost a couple better players to transfer. Picked up Mikesell but she is selfish and only interested in getting hers which is why it didn’t work at Oregon for her.

I’m betting they are just over .500 this season. Big 10 is tough and they don’t have the stuff this season.

Reactions: Rooster1
NCAAW SEC Schedule - Women's Basketball - ESPN

Some really good games today starting with Georgia at Texas Tech at 11 am cst. The Iowa State vs LSU should be a very good one. Arkansas at UCF

Excited to see how UGA/TECH shakes out. TT is better coached this year but still rebuilding. Will be a good litmus test for how good UGA actually is. They have the one OT game with ND but haven’t played anyone else.

I’m most excited about Arkansas/UCF. I think defense will win that matchup. I’m giving it to UCF. So far no team has broken 60 against them so should be a fun clash of styles with the way Arkansas preferred to play.

VN Store

Back