Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

View attachment 360122That is not straight up. Fouls to the face and body. Sad to see that this was a no call.
If that foul would have been called it would have been the weakest foul called all game. If it’s not called a foul in the 1st Qtr it’s not called in the 4th Qtr. She should have attacked the bucket not settled for a fade away jumper.

Reactions: Winston Smith
And a very big thank you to Vic Schaefer & Mississippi State................................:)
Hence the fictitious asterisk. Point of fact SC beat the teams put in front of them. MSTU and Uconn did not. No one (including you) knows if SC would have beaten Uconn or not since that game was not played. SC owes nothing to MTSU or Schaefer. Speculate all you want but facts are facts and speculation is just wishful thinking.

Last edited:
Reactions: NeedOrange
If that foul would have been called it would have been the weakest foul called all game. If it’s not called a foul in the 1st Qtr it’s not called in the 4th Qtr. She should have attacked the bucket not settled for a fade away jumper.
The defender isn’t vertical so that’s a foul whether they missed it in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarter. I’m not a uconn hater either. But a foul is a foul no matter what point of the game it is. And it wasn’t gonna win or lose the game but at that point was a possible tie to send the game to OT to allow them to figure it out

Actually I think you got it backwards. I 100% believe that foul is called in the first quarter, but because it was the end of the game the refs decided to swallow their whistle...

It should be a foul anytime this type of contact is committed. It should be called anytime in the game. It is a foul they missed calling it.

I know this is speculation, Volfan2012, but I believe Baylor would have won this game by 5 or 6 points if Richards had not suffered the hamstring injury.
while you are speculating, speculate what the score would have been if the UConn point guard and primary defender was able to play. Injuries are a part of the game. At least Baylor got 30 minutes of play from their point guard. UConn got 0.

Actually I think you got it backwards. I 100% believe that foul is called in the first quarter, but because it was the end of the game the refs decided to swallow their whistle...
No one is arguing that there was contact on the play. There was contact the entire game. There was one series around the 5 minute mark of the fourth where Smith went up for a shot and was fouled by Aaliyah who gathered the ball and passed to a breaking Williams. While shooting Williams was grabbed on the arm by Andrews. Williams regripped the ball and made a shot. No call on either foul. Did you see Moon run over Paige at the foul line on a break. That's either a block or a charge. Guess what, no call. That's the way the game was called throughout. The last play was just an extension of the way the game was called. It's basketball and as Bill Russell said, "Basketball is a contact sport."

If you want to know who screwed Baylor. I suggest you look at the Baylor box. In what universe does Carrington get 22 shots and Ursin 15 and the best player on the floor Smith get 13. Smith went 11-11 in the sweet sixteen; Carrington shoots 15 times and Ursin 18. Carrington said she's glad she came to Baylor because they let her be free to play. Do you think Baylor would have won if Smith got 22 shots? As a UConn fan, I'm certainly glad he didn't because in the second half Smith went 4 for 5. So the screwing came from Mulkey who let her players be free instead of teaching basketball is a team sport.

You want to blame the UConn victory on the refs. Go ahead. That is your prerogative. But now you know how the game was lost.

Last edited:
I see the ole "there were fouls throughout the game that wasn't called" card is being played. I wanted to see UConn get screwed on a no called to end a game but that might never happen in my lifetime.

Reactions: GameTime
You want to blame the UConn victory on the refs. Go ahead. That is your prerogative. But now you know how the game was lost.

Never once said that, but thanks for mansplaining the situation for us simpletons. Please refer to my previous post about taking your whining back to the boner. I hear they have a nice support system for you there. Nobody here cares...

I see the ole "there were fouls throughout the game that wasn't called" card is being played. I wanted to see UConn get screwed on a no called to end a game but that might never happen in my lifetime.

It never will either.....Geno's teams do not get a foul called against them at the most critical times of any game, never have, never will.

When Richards went down with the injury, that was the major turning point of the game....And yes, injuries are unfortunate.

The Baylor player was fouled, that cannot be disputed....Our player Key gets that exact foul called against her every damn game...We just accept it, but hate it too.

It was reported the powers that be told the referees to tighten up the calling of fouls....The play had gotten a little too rough.

When all is said and done, UConn is advancing....So let it be written, so let it be done.

The defender isn’t vertical so that’s a foul whether they missed it in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarter. I’m not a uconn hater either. But a foul is a foul no matter what point of the game it is. And it wasn’t gonna win or lose the game but at that point was a possible tie to send the game to OT to allow them to figure it out
But there were tackles and hooks that were not called on Baylor but that one should have been called on UCONN?

But there were tackles and hooks that were not called on Baylor but that one should have been called on UCONN?

YES! and so should the rest! but let’s be honest she got hit on the head which is an area the refs are taught to monitor and keep an eye on. Plus protecting the shooter and offensive player has become more of a thing.

But let’s be clear if Aaliyah Edwards doesn’t have 5 fouls in the first half then there were fouls missed against UCONN 🤣🤣🤣

YES! and so should the rest! but let’s be honest she got hit on the head which is an area the refs are taught to monitor and keep an eye on. Plus protecting the shooter and offensive player has become more of a thing.

But let’s be clear if Aaliyah Edwards doesn’t have 5 fouls in the first half then there were fouls missed against UCONN 🤣🤣🤣
I agree. Truth is Carrington should have fouled out by halftime also. It’s crazy to put so much emphasis on one no call when there was at least 20-30 others both ways. Is what it is I guess.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
I agree. Truth is Carrington should have fouled out by halftime also. It’s crazy to put so much emphasis on one no call when there was at least 20-30 others both ways. Is what it is I guess.

Yes and it worked in uconn’s favor this time... on to the next set of games

Reactions: PG1
Did it have something to do with having the #1 album ten weeks in a row despite being banned from airplay and promotion?

Point of fact is that there were other Uconn fouls as well. Lots of fouls on both sides not called. You just happened to benefit from the last one not called and get the criticism that goes with it. If you had left no doubt as Geno preaches there would be no controversy now. Deal with it.
I have dealt with it. What do you mean if "I" had left no doubt? I had nothing to do with it. You deal with it! I was not responding to you anyway.

VN Store

Back