Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I’m not downplaying the accomplishment but you are bringing up the fact the competition level doesn’t matter🤔

Edit: Now that you brought it up i looked up the records of the teams those 5 games you’re talking about and not one winning record amongst those teams. I don’t know of another top team that can go 5 games with playing 5 losing record teams in a row!

Gtown ( 2-13)
St. john’s (7-13)
Xavier (4-9)
Creighton (7-10)
Butler (2-15)

Not to let facts ever get in the way of a good tirade, but Tennessee opened the 2019/2020 season with games against:

ETSU (9-21)
Central Arkansas (12-16)
Notre Dame (14-18)
Tennessee State (4-24)
Stetson (12-18)
Arkansas Pine Bluff (6-22)
Air Force (10-21)

That would be seven teams in a row with losing records, not five. And all seven were OOC teams Tennessee played by choice (to pad the win column), not conference foes that were required.

Not to let facts ever get in the way of a good tirade, but Tennessee opened the 2019/2020 season with games against:

ETSU (9-21)
Central Arkansas (12-16)
Notre Dame (14-18)
Tennessee State (4-24)
Stetson (12-18)
Air Force (10-21)

That would be seven teams in a row with losing records, not five. And all seven were OOC teams Tennessee played by choice (to pad the win column), not conference foes that were required.
Isn't the appropriate comparison our stats against the worst teams in the SEC this season (each of whom are tougher competitors than 80% of the Big East) rather than our weak out of conference schedule from last season? I'm not seeing how a week OOC scheduled by the previous coach of our team is remotely relevant to UConn's achievements against their lifeless conference.

I have watched a few UCONN games and the PG position is switched up PB, NM and EW all run it during a game so 14 assists from someone who does not play PG the whole game is damn impressive no matter who the competition. She may be the best talent to come along in quite some time. We need someone like her.

ETSU (9-21)
Central Arkansas (12-16)
Notre Dame (14-18)
Tennessee State (4-24)
Stetson (12-18)
Air Force (10-21)

I also said what TOP teams get to play that kind of schedule 😉

That was a schedule that Kellie INHERITED remember. To her credit she has tried to schedule tougher... Maybe i should have said in conference play. It also still stands i would expect our ladies to CRUSH lesser opponents in conference or not. I also would make a point to say I want those same performances against tougher competition. So Paige did what she did because of her talent and got her teammates involved thats what a PG is supposed to do no matter the competition.

A tirade? Naw, never that over sports. I don’t get paid anymore or any less if teams win or lose. I am person with an ethnic background, still in a pandemic, and work in education if i wanted to go on a tirade i’m pretty sure i have better things to get mad over 👀 just sayin’ 👊🏽👍🏽😂

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I’m not downplaying the accomplishment but you are bringing up the fact the competition level doesn’t matter🤔

Edit: Now that you brought it up i looked up the records of the teams those 5 games you’re talking about and not one winning record amongst those teams. I don’t know of another top team that can go 5 games with playing 5 losing record teams in a row!

Gtown ( 2-13)
St. john’s (7-13)
Xavier (4-9)
Creighton (7-10)
Butler (2-15)
Well; here's how she schooled # 1 South Carolina:

I have watched a few UCONN games and the PG position is switched up PB, NM and EW all run it during a game so 14 assists from someone who does not play PG the whole game is damn impressive no matter who the competition. She may be the best talent to come along in quite some time. We need someone like her.

Plus, she had only 1 turnover!!

Reactions: mcannon1 and PG1
You can just tell Ole Miss is on the verge right? They almost can’t handle success but once they open that door... Watch out
It makes no sense how well they’ve recruited. They were atrocious last year and haven’t been good this year either. We beat them by 56 points in their arena last year. I guess you can sell playing time but what else?

It makes no sense how well they’ve recruited. They were atrocious last year and haven’t been good this year either. We beat them by 56 points in their arena last year. I guess you can sell playing time but what else?

Playing time, then bringing in a big time transfer, and selling the vision of change. Their coach also seems to have a lot of energy and engaging.

Now it’s look at our improvement... Be the piece to help us get back to the Tourney

If you’re pointing out the illogicalness of my post then you did have a problem with what I posted LOL

I’m not upset nor did i feel attacked I was just pointing out the fact it was against a 2-15 team. And to be honest i’m surprised you didn’t do it sooner since when we post things about our team or players you ALWAYS come in with a fact check.

Shame on you for not doing the same in this case 😉

proceed and i’m sure TN will give you something today to fact check if we post something positive😂
It's good that you recognize the troll game for what is.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN

Ignoring others posting our weak OOC schedule; most teams including Conn have several cupcakes scheduled. And, if you remember the "facts," we weren't even ranked at beginning of season. Conn has been Top Ten for decades.

Speaking of which, here's a serious question. If Conn switches off PGs during a game, why do Beuckers and Williams play 38 minites against a two-win opponent? Why risk injury to your key players and fail to give game experience to the bench when you're the current top team in the country and you win by 29 points? That makes absolutely no sense, even if you're trying to run off players who are being recruited over.

Holly Warlick was the TV analyst for the Georgia-Florida game and she acted like she saw a ghost when Jenna Staiti hit a three. The concept of bigs who can shoot is somehow foreign to her despite the fact that she literally coached Candace Parker.

VN Store

Back