Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

155799476_10164704361500005_6249274332502875611_o.jpg

In the past five games, Bueckers has 48 assists to 10 turnovers.

I don’t care who you play for or against, that’s impressive!

I’m not downplaying the accomplishment but you are bringing up the fact the competition level doesn’t matter🤔

Edit: Now that you brought it up i looked up the records of the teams those 5 games you’re talking about and not one winning record amongst those teams. I don’t know of another top team that can go 5 games with playing 5 losing record teams in a row!

Gtown ( 2-13)
St. john’s (7-13)
Xavier (4-9)
Creighton (7-10)
Butler (2-15)

Last edited:
I’m not downplaying the accomplishment but you are bringing up the fact the competition level doesn’t matter🤔

Edit: Now that you brought it up i looked up the records of the teams those 5 games you’re talking about and not one winning record amongst those teams. I don’t know of another top team that can go 5 games with playing 5 losing record teams in a row!

Gtown ( 2-13)
St. john’s (7-13)
Xavier (4-9)
Creighton (7-10)
Butler (2-15)

My point was it’s impressive if you’re in high school, playing in the NAIA, D1, NBA, EuroLeague...

Just shows a high consistency that’s hard to maintain across that many games.

No, it doesn't.

This is a problem in sports. People crow about "offensive and defensive stats" as though the competition is meaningless. We see the same results in "rankings" when teams are penalized for playing tough schedules while others are rewarded for playing easy ones.

Some of us are old enough to remember national news items about teams obliterating totally overmatched opponents and running up the score horrendously by pressing the entire game. Or feeding one player so he/she could score 100 points. Or, on the college level, working out an arrangement with opposing team to give an uncontested shot to an injured player so that she could "earn" a school record.

Teams who have twice as many losses as wins (or barely any wins at all) generally have glaring weaknesses that can easily be exploited. And when the best teams inthe country play starters the entire game against such teams, racking up big stats doesn't impress.

Now, when those players put up big numbers against high-level competition (as they have done previously), that is something to be noted. Davis gets 20 rebounds against KY. Beuckers 30-some against SC (and Dungee 37 against Conn). When I look at individual game records, I always look first at the opponent. If competition doesn't matter, just schedule several D-III games, play starters the entire game, and watch some records fall.

[Edit: The same can be said for scoring records in those track meet games in which minimal defense is played and shot clocks are meaningless. That point is born out when the same teams play defensively-minded opponents who cut that high-scoring total in half).

Gtown ( 2-13)
St. john’s (7-13)
Xavier (4-9)
Creighton (7-10)
Butler (2-15)
I think JH 3 TO's to 19 assists against Florida,Kentucky, Texas A&M,and SC is more impressive

My point was it’s impressive if you’re in high school, playing in the NAIA, D1, NBA, EuroLeague...

Just shows a high consistency that’s hard to maintain across that many games.

Well then i’m glad our recruits had some awesome numbers in HS coming in no matter the competition they were playing!

That young lady is a talent for sure.

Reactions: creekdipper

Gtown ( 2-13)
St. john’s (7-13)
Xavier (4-9)
Creighton (7-10)
Butler (2-15)

If the record of the teams she played are why she was able to do this, there must have been plenty of their players on other teams with this many assists when they play them, right?

If the record of the teams she played are why she was able to do this, there must have been plenty of their players on other teams with this many assists when they play them, right?

Well if it’s terrible teams playing terrible teams wouldn’t they cancel each other out🤔 , right?

and AGAIN my point was this is an awesome job and what she is SUPPOSED TO DO! since that seems to be the theme around here...

SO to be clear i am in NO WAY saying the only reason she got it is because of competition she played what i was pointing out is she did it against a 2-15 team.

It’s annoying when you try to post something positive and a poster knit picks huh😏😁 remind you of anyone.

Oh i forgot... “i’m following all rules and i just don’t see it the way you do”.

Well if it’s terrible teams playing terrible teams wouldn’t they cancel each other out🤔 , right?

and AGAIN my point was this is an awesome job and what she is SUPPOSED TO DO! since that seems to be the theme around here...

SO to be clear i am in NO WAY saying the only reason she got it is because of competition she played what i was pointing out is she did it against a 2-15 team.

It’s annoying when you try to post something positive and a poster knit picks huh😏😁 remind you of anyone.

Oh i forgot... “i’m following all rules and i just don’t see it the way you do”.
I was just pointing out the illogic of your post.

Not upset. Not attacking you.

certainly not annoyed.

I have no problem with what you posted.

I was just pointing out the illogic of your post.

Not upset. Not attacking you.

certainly not annoyed.

I have no problem with what you posted.

If you’re pointing out the illogicalness of my post then you did have a problem with what I posted LOL

I’m not upset nor did i feel attacked I was just pointing out the fact it was against a 2-15 team. And to be honest i’m surprised you didn’t do it sooner since when we post things about our team or players you ALWAYS come in with a fact check.

Shame on you for not doing the same in this case 😉

proceed and i’m sure TN will give you something today to fact check if we post something positive😂

If you’re pointing out the illogicalness of my post then you did have a problem with what I posted LOL

I’m not upset nor did i feel attacked I was just pointing out the fact it was against a 2-15 team. And to be honest i’m surprised you didn’t do it sooner since when we post things about our team or players you ALWAYS come in with a fact check.

Shame on you for not doing the same in this case 😉

proceed and i’m sure TN will give you something today to fact check if we post something positive😂
14 assists is 14 assists. I Didn’t feel the need to downplay it with who it was against. That is why I didn’t bring up Butler’s record.

No, I have no problem with what you posted. Free speech! I just thought that it was illogical to use the team she did it against to minimize her effort. again, if bad opponents were why She was able to do it, why don’t more players good players do that against bad teams?

After all, she did score 27 against A&M and 31 against South Carolina so it’s not like she isn’t capable of great games against the better teams.

Will Horston have 14 assists against 5-17 Auburn? Just kidding on that one...lol.

Hey, we almost had a just about basketball discussion. Getting there.

Reactions: Winston Smith

How do we know that they haven't? Just because they didn't hang a banner? ;)

Look, we celebrated Key's geme with 10 blocks, so you're allowed.

14 assists is 14 assists. I Didn’t feel the need to downplay it with who it was against. That is why I didn’t bring up Butler’s record.

No, I have no problem with what you posted. Free speech! I just thought that it was illogical to use the team she did it against to minimize her effort. again, if bad opponents were why She was able to do it, why don’t more players good players do that against bad teams?

After all, she did score 27 against A&M and 31 against South Carolina so it’s not like she isn’t capable of great games against the better teams.

Will Horston have 14 assists against 5-17 Auburn? Just kidding on that one...lol.

Hey, we almost had a just about basketball discussion. Getting there.

Did i ever say the opponent was why she did it? i just said she did it against a 2-15 (pointing out a fact) team you implied or thought that’s what i was implying. But let’s be clear she is supposed to flex against bad opponents! she isn’t supposed to play down to their level which has been a problem at TN.

All i’m saying is if you’re going to fact drop keep that same energy all the way around... it might get rid of your pot stirring stigma a tad.

Meh, you’re here to stay like an annoying a** relative who doesn’t get the hint it’s time to go home (although we’ve established you have no home to go to). So it is what it is with you🤣

Well to stay on course uconn has NOT PLAYED A&M they played Arkansas. While Gary Blair did coach there he was not the coach of Ark this year. That honor goes to Mike Neighbors.

Just thought you might want to know that

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
How do we know that they haven't? Just because they didn't hang a banner? ;)

Look, we celebrated Key's geme with 10 blocks, so you're allowed.
Congrats to Caitlin Clark with a game of 13 assists. And DiDi Richards with a game of 12 assists and Tiana Mangakahia with a game of 13 assist.

I’m sure there are more with similar numbers. A terrific accomplishment.

Did i ever say the opponent was why she did it? i just said she did it against a 2-15 (pointing out a fact) team you implied or thought that’s what i was implying. But let’s be clear she is supposed to flex against bad opponents! she isn’t supposed to play down to their level which has been a problem at TN.

All i’m saying is if you’re going to fact drop keep that same energy all the way around... it might get rid of your pot stirring stigma a tad.

Meh, you’re here to stay like an annoying a** relative who doesn’t get the hint it’s time to go home (although we’ve established you have no home to go to). So it is what it is with you🤣

Well to stay on course uconn has NOT PLAYED A&M they played Arkansas. While Gary Blair did coach there he was not the coach of Ark this year. That honor goes to Mike Neighbors.

Just thought you might want to know that
Like I said the last time I made a stupid mistake, the old gray mind, it ain’t what it used to be.

Thanks for the correction.

If you didn’t point out the record of the team Bueckers had her 14 assists to downplay it, my apologies.

Like I said the last time I made a stupid mistake, the old gray mind, it ain’t what it used to be.

Thanks for the correction.

If you didn’t point out the record of the team Bueckers had her 14 assists to downplay it, my apologies.

Nope, i didn’t next time it’s ok to ask instead of assuming because you know what they say when a person assumes it makes...

Not many 2 and 15 teams hit as many three point shots like Butler did yesterday and some of them were well defended. Lesser teams seem to get up for UConn and players who have low three point shooting percentages go crazy against UConn. I'm pretty sure Tennessee fans understand that teams considered weaker than they are sometimes play over their heads and even beat the better teams. Tennessee has experienced that a few times over the last two to three seasons.;):mad:

Reactions: Winston Smith

VN Store

Back