Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Oregon crushed by UCLA 83-56. The Oregon offense is just barely sputtering along. Their freshman have a long way to go. They only lost by 2 to UCLA in Eugene earlier in the year.

Oregon needs some more speed and authority from the guard spot. Mikesell has been very one dimensional at Oregon so far. If her long ball is not falling she’s a non-factor.

WVU squeaked out another win. Looking at their schedule they have 4 consecutive road games to end the season. If they win 3 out of their last 4(which is likely)they will hold hold for 2nd in the Big 12. Last game is at Baylor.

We helped set the stage for some drama with Texas A&M and South Carolina. That final game of the season coming up 2/28 should be a good one.

Unless something changes that game will decide the SEC regular season champ outright, SEC tournament seeding and NCAA tournament seeding. Us knocking off SC made the SEC a lot more interesting.

We helped set the stage for some drama with Texas A&M and South Carolina. That final game of the season coming up 2/28 should be a good one.

Unless something changes that game will decide the SEC regular season champ outright, SEC tournament seeding and NCAA tournament seeding. Us knocking off SC made the SEC a lot more interesting.
For us two more wins totally secures fourth place and three more wins secure third. One and two are already decided unless SC were to lose two more games and we win all three that would make us second.

For us two more wins totally secures fourth place and three more wins secure third. One and two are already decided unless SC were to lose two more games and we win all three that would make us second.
My Mistake, I meant KY, not TAMU
Maybe not though, they lost 1 to us and we lost on to them...we would win the head to head by 4 pts

Bottom line is, we need this win to control our destiny

USC losing a couple more games would not surprise me. This is not the same chicken team we have seen for the past 3 or so years. They have no cup cakes left on the schedule.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
My Mistake, I meant KY, not TAMU
Maybe not though, they lost 1 to us and we lost on to them...we would win the head to head by 4 pts

Bottom line is, we need this win to control our destiny

So if we beat GA by 3 that would give us the head to by 2? I mean I want to win by way more than that lol but just trying to get the post season picture a little more clearly.

A win in GA would also mean we solidified our spot on a number 3 line for the tourney!

Again, it sucks our ladies can’t host first two rounds something they’ve never experienced and they earned this year.

So if we beat GA by 3 that would give us the head to by 2? I mean I want to win by way more than that lol but just trying to get the post season picture a little more clearly

yes, but the SEC records would be identical and if we lose one and they win one, moving forward, , they would pass us

USC losing a couple more games would not surprise me. This is not the same chicken team we have seen for the past 3 or so years. They have no cup cakes left on the schedule.

Don’t think Kentucky or Ole Miss will get them beat. Both of those games are @SC. Kentucky and Ole Miss don’t have enough size to compete with them on the boards.

A&M, like us, can pretty much match them 1-1 in the post. If anyone else gets them it will be A&M.

The problem comes in that they have played more games than we have and might have one more win even if we both had three losses. Not being able to play our two Vandy games were bad for us this season. I expected those to be wins. We also missed out on Miss St but that game could've went either way.

Reactions: JustaChicken
Don’t think Kentucky or Ole Miss will get them beat. Both of those games are @SC. Kentucky and Ole Miss don’t have enough size to compete with them on the boards.

A&M, like us, can pretty much match them 1-1 in the post. If anyone else gets them it will be A&M.
I think were playing for third and solidly for fourth hopefully we win today and keep moving toward a three seed in the NCAA and a three finish in SEC regular season.

I think were playing for third and solidly for fourth hopefully we win today and keep moving toward a three seed in the NCAA and a three finish in SEC regular season.

I would agree. The top two spots are all but decided unless one team has an absolute meltdown or key injury.

As long as we can get ourselves a double buy I’ll be a happy camper. That makes the SEC tournament so much more manageable. If you plan to win it’s so hard if you’re outside that top 4.

Reactions: Volfan2012
I would agree. The top two spots are all but decided unless one team has an absolute meltdown or key injury.

As long as we can get ourselves a double buy I’ll be a happy camper. That makes the SEC tournament so much more manageable. If you plan to win it’s so hard if you’re outside that top 4.
I'm worried about just three byes with the Vandy opt out but even with no bye you play Auburn in game one. Much better than being a fifth or sixth seed when you might catch Kentucky, Miss St, or Bama.

I'm worried about just three byes with the Vandy opt out but even with no bye you play Auburn in game one. Much better than being a fifth or sixth seed when you might catch Kentucky, Miss St, or Bama.

Yes, set yourself up much better for success. If you’re able to break it open in that first game you get an opportunity to rest legs. Something the top teams often benefit from. Playing those tough games in the first round is killer on legs.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Was looking at the rankings from the big ten. It confounds me how they are all ranked so high. Michigan has only played 3 ranked teams and lost to 2. W v. Northwestern, L v. Indiana and Ohio state. They are ranked 11.

Maryland, always over rated started a season with a loss to Missouri state and a win over Arkansas. Otherwise, just within conference wins and a loss to Ohio state. They are 9.

Ohio state has beat only ranked teams within conference and lost to NW which is barely top 25 anymore, lost to Nebraska which has had some close games but are I ranked and lost to Wisconsin, which is a 5 win team. Ohio state is 15.

there has been a pretty noticeable lack of out of conference wins by the B1G.

Recall, indiana was beaten at home by Tennessee and is 14.

I’ll be torqued if the LadyVols don’t get a 3 seed or, god forbid, 4 so that all these Big 10 posers get the high seeds.

Mizzou has made 11 3 pointers!!!! in this game vs Florida I hope they got all that out their system when we come to play on Thursday

Wow, Nicki McCray has ruined MSST in record time. It's like they've never played together before.

It would be one thing to get paid for nothing, but she's getting paid to single handedly destroy an elite program in like 10 games.

Alabama winning 31-16 midway through the 2nd quarter. Like their coach (who appears to be asleep on her "coaching" chair), the MSST players aren't paying attention to this game either.

MSST is an automatic win for whomever they play these days. I can't believe they beat UGA...

VN Store

Back